YuGiOh - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-08, 08:15 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

When I first started it we made our own Yugioh cards and my sister made an all dragon deck. I stopped playing quite a while back though I do watch a series of short videos called 'Yugioh: The Abridged Series' which is really funny and takes the complete piss out of Yugioh. By changing a joke on there slightly I managed to create my current sig. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-08, 08:36 PM

kungfoomasta's Flag is: USA

'Yugioh: The Abridged Series' is really funny, much better than the real show.

Never doubt the incompetence of your commisar.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-08, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

lol spaceballs...

OT: my 1,001st post!

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-02-08, 12:18 AM

Steel Nathan's Flag is: Canada

I used to sort of like the show a little, but after I saw the original japanese yugioh, I stopped liking the American one.

And I do have a deck of cards somewhere, a magician deck ^_^.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-09, 12:13 PM

I still play now and again with my brother (the game!) duel discs on arms and all! To be fair i am a really really big kid though.

Overall its not a bad card game, if you can get past the whole cartoon for kids thing.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-14-09, 04:52 PM

magician847's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Schafer View Post
The problom with Yu-Gi-Oh is that to manny people invest to much time and money into it, and get really anoying because its really a simple game, and they get all worked up over it. Its just not worth it. Its fun for a 1-off every now and then, but its overpriced for its fun factor.
dude, dude, dude...

YOU play warhammer, now look at the money and time you invest into that...

you cant talk dude (neither can I), but i wanted to point it out :p

I have a load of cards, that I dont use, ever, and im trying to sell them, pokemon likewise.

Apostles Of Vengeance Truescale Space Marines:
Sergeant Sigorn: 99%
Tactical Squad Themis: 10%

Follow them here

Void Miniatures Commissions Service
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-09, 08:09 AM
Mard's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow if this isn't nostalgic haha: Yeah I used to play that with some friends.. but I never went to any of those tournements or anything they used to have around where I live. In fact I dont even really go to Warhammer tourne's as I'm a bit put off due to some of my friends who do go say that theres some degree of people who take it a tad too seriously and play to win, rather than have fun...

Anyway I used to collect the cards before they went mental with spin-offs. I was into it around the same time things like "Gate Guardian" were epicly awesome - the show that went with it though made me sick tho because they did nothing but waffle on about friendship with their massive googley eyes and yappy yappy mouths.

I have to say its funny looking back on things like card games because I sometimes wonder, why did I even enjoy that? I guess thats why I love the episode of South Park called Chin-Pokemon or something like that. I'm not go lyrical with negative comments about it now as I used to love it so I can't say anything - I just wonder why I ever did ya know Looking back on it it wasn't even THAT fun!

Unlike some of the other comments listed though I didn't like Yugioh then discover Warhammer, I've been playing Warhammer for quite some time even though I stopped for a few years, and, got back into the hobby very recently; but wether it was then, or now I thouroughly enjoy the battles of the plastic spacemen haha! Yugioh was an entirely different story though as it was litteraly just a phase for me. A phase I dont quite understand.

A plea of innocence, is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty!
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-09, 09:10 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mard View Post
A phase I dont quite understand.
What's there to understand? It's the classic formula of magical monsters cockfighting for fun and profit. The only difference between Yugioh and Pokemon is that Pokemon didn't have the reputation as the game of choice of pedophiles. I swear, I'm terrified of Yugioh purely because anything that attracts a dozen NAMBLA members to the local game store has to be diabolic in the extreme. Seriously, Yugioh is, around here at least, a veritable who's who of child touchers-- and it wouldn't surprise me if it's like that everywhere.*shudders*

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 06:16 PM

Cato Sicarius's Flag is: United Kingdom

I play it. I've got a "real" Obelisk the Tormentor, plus a load of other rare cards. I've been playing since came to England.

@Son of Horus: I'm only 13, there's nothing wrong with me or (from the looks of it) anyone else I've played against in tournaments and stuff.

Last edited by Cato Sicarius; 04-05-09 at 06:18 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode