whats best way to start x-wing? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

Default whats best way to start x-wing?

so I hear a lot about x-wing, never seen it but love star wars, so wondering whats the best set to buy to get into the game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 05:04 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=179690

This is a top place to start.

There is a sub forum dedicated to all things X Wingy/Fantasy Flight related here - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...play.php?f=322

Hope that helps dude!

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 08:36 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Buying the starter set is crucial, otherwise you have no dice or maneuver templates. Plus you can't play Luke Skywalker in an X-Wing without the core set! I don't often use him now that my squadrons have grown, but I'd be remiss if I lacked my namesake in the game as a pilot.

Past that buy whatever you think looks cool. Upgrade cards you can print off if you'd like (I haven't met a person yet that has a problem with this) as you only get certain ones with certain ships and they aren't sold separately in booster packs (yet....FFG take note!). The great thing about this game is that even if you're playing 'weak' ships you still have a decent chance to win if you're better at planning and anticipating movements.

Either way, here's a handy list of almost every expansion pack and what comes in it for easy reference.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-15, 05:06 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Yeah, after the core set I'd go for the rule of cool.

Sure, there are ships and pilots that are "better" than others, but I've seen cheap spam (Academy TIE's & Z-95's I'm looking at you here!) take out tooled up high-PS ships so it's all down to the player in question

One word of advice. Watch out for Baron Fel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-15, 12:41 AM

Agreed, get the core read about the different factions and play, its not too hard to have 100 pts in all factions. Just have fun.

They guys on afewmaneuvers forum have "a lot" of crazy stuff on all factions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode