DUST biting the...dust! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-15, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Default DUST biting the...dust!

So, it appears that DUST miniature game is dying of a gruesome death.
Issues between producer and Cavatore's studio basically crippled this never-so-alive game.
A kickstarter launched a while ago has horrendously failed, leaving customers with ...dust in their hands (and wallets).
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...bylon/comments

It's a shame to me, since i love the minis and i have used them to good results.

However this have lead to some nice 70%-50% discounts and dumping of models from the range...time to buy stuff!!

What do you think guys?

EDIT: also, this article is a good summary
http://www.somethingswrong.sg/2015/0...ckstarter.html

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by neferhet; 05-07-15 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-15, 07:57 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I have the Russian starter set, but never even took it out of the box. Oh well.

Considering Warlord Games are currently working on a Weird Wars supplement for Bolt Action, picking up some of those walkers for cheap might be a good idea.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-15, 08:23 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

There is a good reason I don't do kickstarters. This would be it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 06:55 AM

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

This was just sent to all backers

Quote:
Dear Babylon Kickstarter Backer,

We are heartbroken to send you this message: Battlefront refuses to pay the amount due for the so called “Wave 2” of the Babylon Kickstarter campaign and therefore Dust Studio cannot deliver the items to Battlefront for distribution.

After four weeks of negotiations we still have not received a purchase order or a payment, regardless of our final and generous discount offer on the debated freebies.

During these four weeks Dust Studio has been bullied and blackmailed instead, with
Battlefront demanding the impossible from us in order for them to fulfill their obligations! They have asked us to pay them for editing and graphic design work their staff did on our rulebook, demanding a fee of over US $100,000.00.
They have requested we buy back their Dust stock — the stock that was eventually paid for to the factoring bank precisely with the revenue from the Babylon Campaign KS!

Battlefront is holding your money hostage, attempting to force us into an unbearable position and capitulate.

Please accept our apologies but we cannot accept any further humiliation. Our brand has been dragged through the mud and our reputation seriously damaged. Enough is enough!

Dust Studio has manufactured all the units listed as “Wave 2” in good faith but cannot afford nor are we willing to pay for jobs that Battlefront was never hired for in the first place, or for stock of products that have been discounted on the market for the past six months. These issues have nothing to do with the Kickstarter!

Being in breach of both our distribution and the Kickstarter agreements, Battlefront has been notified that our business relationship is officially ended.

What happens next? Why are you receiving this letter? A follow-on offer of how to receive the products you ordered will be published Sunday, May 17. In the meantime we strongly suggest that you contact your credit card company and ask for a full refund.

Please accept our most sincere apologies. And thank you for your continued patience and support.

Dust Studio Team
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 06:56 AM

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 07:10 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

yeah, this kind of BS is why I dont do kickstarters or early acces games.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Thanks @Minigiant !
I honestly have a negative perception of paolo parente. Somehow he screw things up. Still...i really think there was some poor management behind this shit, more than fraud issues. Dilettantes are still dilettantes i think.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 05:20 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Yup, that's also the reason why I think kickstarters can jog on......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode