Footsteps towards creating my own miniatures game - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-15, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Here is a sample of the movement cards, there are 20 in total including a stand still card. Will need 5 of each type for each team so that is 200 cards (Still deciding whether to make cards team specific). They are 8.8 cm tall and 6.3 cm wide (Same size as MTG cards) so that they fit in card sleeves/protectors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

So i have been very productive this week and decided to take it easy today by just writing up some background for 1 of the 5 teams planned. Remember every word written here is 10 written in the programs i am using. I image a game that is played in arenas equivalent to those games played in the Colosseum of Rome. A land battered by the arctic winds that sweep between the streets.

The first team i present are the

Undead

There are those Lanista’s that seek to climb above their social standing but without the power, influence or coin to afford a suitable team, some Lanista’s resort to travelling into the wilderness where savages and beasts roam freely to resurrect those players that the Savages hold to the status of god and where their names are only whispered in hush tones by those living in civilisation. The players now play for a title and prize once out of reach.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 02:16 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minigiant View Post
Will need 5 of each type for each team so that is 200 cards
200 cards for each team? If that's the case you should definitely look into something other than cards for movement 'cuz that's a little absurd even if you don't have cards for anything else in the game at all (and you still need physical movement templates on top of all those cards..?). Maybe I like card games to have suits and face cards but this feels very clunky to me.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-10-15, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
200 cards for each team? If that's the case you should definitely look into something other than cards for movement 'cuz that's a little absurd even if you don't have cards for anything else in the game at all (and you still need physical movement templates on top of all those cards..?). Maybe I like card games to have suits and face cards but this feels very clunky to me.
No 100 per team. 5x20 per team and 2 teams. To further reduce this number i can make team specific movement cards
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

its been a bit slow recently as i am currently taking my final exams but i can share with you a sneak peak of some of the artwork, all art is being done by the very talented Paul Ridgon, go check him out

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-17, 12:00 PM

Shady ed's Flag is: Australia

Did you give up on this? It seems interesting but I don't see the point in a circle rink, the edges will almost never be used.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode