Which list is the best basis? 2 FoW - 1000pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

View Poll Results: Which list is best
List 1 1 50.00%
List 2 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Which list is the best basis? 2 FoW - 1000pts

Hello everyone

I played German Lehr Panzergrenadier FoW army for a little bit a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it and then i moved on to other systems and most recently Bolt Action. Anyway my gaming club are planning a combined campaign involving both Flames of War and Bolt Action, we do not need to have both but we can do. This is really uniting the two halfs of the same coin and a lot of us are planning on making the other system of our armies and this has been encouraged my also making it a escalation campaign. (I know a lot of moving parts but, i am not running it ;))

So i play Russians in Bolt Action and now want to continue this into Flames of War and have been drawn to a late war Russian Motostrelkovy batalon. I want something that is competitive and that i can paint up to be historically accurate. My priorities are in that order and as my Bolt Action force has a nice mixture of both tanks and infantry so i want the same in my FoW army.

I will be writing up 1250, 1450, 1650, 1850, 2000 point lists after i have settled on a good 1000point list to build on and this is where i am stuck, i have 2 lists that i am weighing up, both are Motostrelkovy batalon (Red Army) from Desperate Measures at exactly 1000points each

Next are the two lists, i would appreciate you look over the both and then vote in the poll above

List 1:

List 2:

Thank you for taking the effort to read through all this

Leave any comments you have below
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 05:46 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Whilst I only played FoW the once, I would go for list 1

It should look pretty intimidating from across the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 08:32 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I assume you're using Red Bear? The assault guns in the second list have the benefit of volley fire, which is a great rule. You really need T34/85s to add some punch in the first list, but they could come in later when you up the points limit. Personally I'd try and squeeze in some Guards tanks that don't suffer from Hen and Chicks, which is a horrible rule. Or even the Hero companies from the latest Eastern Front book.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thank you for replying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
I assume you're using Red Bear? The assault guns in the second list have the benefit of volley fire, which is a great rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minigiant View Post
i have 2 lists that i am weighing up, both are Motostrelkovy batalon (Red Army) from Desperate Measures at exactly 1000points each
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 10:26 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Apologies, I just went straight to the lists.

I just looked at this on EasyArmy. On the whole because of the better FP I think the heavy mortars are a better arty option than the Zis-3s, and I just saw that the assault guns have semi-indirect fire instead of volley fire, which is even better. 10 AT12 shots that reroll at long range is always good. So list no.2 for me.

Personally I would try to upgrade to the Hero list for the Luckier, Smarter, Sharper rules, which mitigate some of the weaknesses of Russians in general, but I know they come at a premium.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode