Wizzkids: Star Trek Attack Wing - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-14, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Default Wizzkids: Star Trek Attack Wing

So, I ordered this on Sunday and it plopped through the door this morning.

It's the same flight mechanics as X-Wing, just flavoured for Star Trek instead. I've rummaged through the starter set and it looks pretty good. The paintjob on the Enterprise-D is a little iffy but I'll fix that up myself. The Romulan and Klingon ships are fine.

One slight difference to X-Wing that I quite like is that when you purchase a ship - which can be upgraded with crew and weapons cards - is that you then purchase a Captain. The Captain can then take upgrades as well.
I knocked up an Enterprise-D with Picard and gang and I quickly racked up over fifty points so you can't really go overboard in a 100pt game.
Not had a game as of yet, but I like the look of it so far

Anybody play this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-15, 01:16 PM

I play it. I`ve played a lot of games and not lost many.

I go it "Idiot's Crusade" style as my buddy calls it; cheap captains; best PhoTorps i can get for all my ships and mass cheaper hulls. In all but one case I have beaten his better ships with better captains and more upgrades.

The key element to the game is field of fire. Everything else is in service to that.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-15, 02:00 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-15, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Still yet to have a bash at this, as X-Wing is currently my main focus.

Although I do intend to grab a few ships for the three core set factions so myself and Mrs T can get playing. She's a big Trekkie so I figured it's a sneaky way to get her gaming.....

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-15, 03:48 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post

Although I do intend to grab a few ships for the three core set factions so myself and Mrs T can get playing. She's a big Trekkie so I figured it's a sneaky way to get her gaming.....
this world lacks good Trek Video and boardgames, its a shame realy xd this could realy be something!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-15, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Apparently one of the captain cards in the USS Reliant pack is KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

Quote:
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-15, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post

I've wondered about X-Wing; does the Y-Wing's Turreted Ion Cannon's get a full 360 field of fire?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-15, 11:31 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderlegion View Post
I've wondered about X-Wing; does the Y-Wing's Turreted Ion Cannon's get a full 360 field of fire?
Yup. Both the Ion Cannon Turret and the Blaster Turret have a 360 degree fire arc.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 10:57 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Played alot X-wing and watched beside table Star trek attack wing too. But mostly interested in D&D attack wing. First it sounded ridicuous idea, but more and more people who have played it and these other games give it high rate aswell. And it got ground troops aswell.

Main problem was that those capital size ships in Star trek attack wing would be dogfighting like those small Star wars ships. Seems little wrong, but otherwise fine game.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
Yup. Both the Ion Cannon Turret and the Blaster Turret have a 360 degree fire arc.
Cool! I am used to seeing that get nerfed in various different games and media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninman View Post
Played alot X-wing and watched beside table Star trek attack wing too. But mostly interested in D&D attack wing. First it sounded ridicuous idea, but more and more people who have played it and these other games give it high rate aswell. And it got ground troops aswell.

Main problem was that those capital size ships in Star trek attack wing would be dogfighting like those small Star wars ships. Seems little wrong, but otherwise fine game.
Well, not much of a trekker myself, but it always looked to me as if Star Trek ships did fight more that way. The rule of always having to move seems odd to me, but there you go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode