Wizzkids: Star Trek Attack Wing - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Other Systems For the discussion of non GW games such as Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Flames of War, AT43 and Secrets of the Third Reich.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderlegion View Post
I've wondered about X-Wing; does the Y-Wing's Turreted Ion Cannon's get a full 360 field of fire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
Yup. Both the Ion Cannon Turret and the Blaster Turret have a 360 degree fire arc.
Beat me to it. Yeah, the 360 arc on an ion turret has been a great help every time I've used it.

Anybody got a breakdown of the gubbins you get with each ship? I fancy getting hold of the original Enterprise and the Reliant to start off my Federation fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Beat me to it. Yeah, the 360 arc on an ion turret has been a great help every time I've used it.

Anybody got a breakdown of the gubbins you get with each ship? I fancy getting hold of the original Enterprise and the Reliant to start off my Federation fleet.
Well that's the trick in STAW. right out the box, both ships are playable and competitive.

A lot of people are turns off the indifferent moulding, paint jobs and scale issues. I just wanna play so DGAF.

The Reliant even comes with the Wrath of Khan Scenario so there is that too.

One thing which is clever/assholish of WK to do is that every ships comes with some good, some bad and a lot in the middle. The best upgrades in crew, captains and weapons for every ship are in other ship packs. Likewise, you will need the starter pack to play. But it is basically a good (75%) simulation of Trek ship combat.

You also do not need all the perfect crew and captains, especially the big names to be competitive. With the gentle slope in power those two ships will still be reasonably competitive pound for pound in almost any game and right out of the pack.

Now; how I play is basically to go with cheap captains and the best PhoTorps I can get. the better secondary weapons (photon Torpedoes) do A LOT to level the playing field in any game. I've been playing and trouncing my buddy regularly since I started with a Reliant, Excelsior and Nova.

The key factor is to be able to hit the enemy for that you need a wide field of fire. Maneuverability will help this and better weapons help you do more damage.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderlegion View Post
One thing which is clever/assholish of WK to do is that every ships comes with some good, some bad and a lot in the middle. The best upgrades in crew, captains and weapons for every ship are in other ship packs.
Sounds like a crafty move lifted from FFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Other Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode