Warboss- powerklaw, shootaskorcha, eavy armor, cybork body

wierdboy- warphead

Elites
10 lootas

Troops
20 choppa boys- 1 bigshoota, nob with eavy armor and pk

15 choppa boys- 1 bigshoota, nob with eavy armor

heavy support

Battle wagon- killkannon, cannon, 2 bigshootas, deff rollas, ard case, grot riggers, extra armor

2 killakans- bigshootas

deffdread- 2 bigshootas

Win/tie/loss
4/0/0

Last edited by cpt.Octavian; 07-05-12 at 01:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 09:44 AM

crabpuff's Flag is: USA

Where do you put your HQs? and that is a lot of points in the one Battle wagon, does it get its points back? or at least do well?

Chaos- Black Legion & Steel Brethren
W:16 D:7 L:9 W:9 D:2 L:5

Eldar Dragon Claws Corsairs
W:16 D:4 L:2

Da Skull Krushaz
W:27 D:2 L:13

Space Wolves
W:14 D:0 L:3
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-11, 02:07 AM

i just finished a 1k tourney and came in 2nd with this list
10Xlootas+bigmek with shock attack gun X2
29shootaboys+nob with pk and bp X2
i table 3 of the 4 games against daemons,csm,grey knights
and i lost the last one to antoher grey knight
this list is very shooty but if u got alot of guard or armor at this tourney ur going to dont use this otherwise it did wnders for me

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-11, 05:59 PM

You'll struggle with this list, Octavian.

As most will say, not enough boyz, and I agree.

No KFF to protect your kans/dread/wagon.

No klaw or bosspole for Nobs in the boyz mobs??

You'll want rokkits on those kanz... they are your most reliable anti-tank (also the klaw on your boss, but you gotta get him there).

You have alot...... alot of extras on the wagon that won't be useful if you don't protect it with a KFF. (hint: this will be your opponent's first priority)

If you want to play competitively, a Warphead is more luxury than staple in Ork armies. Plus, it's taking a valuable HQ spot.

Lemme give it some thought & I can come up with a good cometitive list if you want....

Are those all the models you have?

Last edited by groundhogg; 10-25-11 at 06:01 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-11, 01:31 AM

At 1000 points orks have to start with their staples to create an effective, competitive army.

Boyz.

If I were to create a tourney army at this point level, here's what I'd do using mostly what you have started with.

Warboss PK, BP, Cybork

Big Mek KFF

(9) Lootaz

(19) Slugga Boyz Nob, BP, PK

(20) Shoota Boyz Nob, BP, PK, (2) BS

(11) Slugga Boyz Nob, BP, PK, Trukk (or shootas if you prefer)

Battlewagon BS, Deffrolla

(2) Killa Kanz Rokkits

1k on the nose.
Big Mek in the Wagon with 19 Sluggas. Boss in the Trukk with the boyz.
Move forward together first turn with all under your KFF bubble. 20 boyz on foot behind the Kanz/Wagon
Determine biggest threat & send Boss for it. With 2 klaws in that trukk, you should be able to handle most anything.

If you don't have a trukk...... go this direction.

Warboss PK, BP, Cybork

Big Mek KFF

(11) Lootaz

(18) Slugga Boyz Nob, BP, PK

(30) Shoota Boyz Nob, BP, PK, (3) BS

Battlewagon BS, Deffrolla

(3) Killa Kanz Rokkits

Mek, Boss, 18 Sluggaz in Wagon, Kanz by Wagon at start for KFF, 30 Boyz on foot behind Kanz.
Little harder to deal with multiple threats, (trukk gets you just about anywhere on board in turn 2)
but still a solid build.

At 1000 points, effective ork lists aren't sexy. It's really not until I get past 1250 that I start thinking about the fun options.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-11, 02:06 PM
*Chaos_Ate_My_Fingers*'s Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhogg View Post
At 1000 points, effective ork lists aren't sexy. It's really not until I get past 1250 that I start thinking about the fun options.
I have yet to see asexy Ork lol the list Groundhogg provided but be much more flexable.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-11, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

cpt.Octavian's Flag is: USA

for crabpuff non of the orks a riding in the with the battle wagon. the kill kannon makes all of my squads to large. the warboss and the weird boys sit with the 20 boy squad protecting the lootas until the weird boy teleports them to where i need to go.
For groundhogg so far the games i have played 35 boys has been by far enough. i did forget to mention on pk on the 20 boys squad nob. in all honesty i did not want to spring for the kff becuase my killa kans and too and extent the deff dread are a distraction. i assign the deff dread as the battle wagtons minder chopping to bits(hopefully) anything that gets in its way then it acts as an anvil. My army starts by weathering enemy fire by keeping my boys back. the lootas and the battle wagon return fire. after a turn or two advance my battle wagon with a screen of kans and the deff dread. the next phase kind of relys on the when the the wierd boy decides to teleport. in subsequent turns my warboss and 20 boys kill what ever they can by smashing the enmey army between the deff dread and them. mean while the battle wagon and lootas are still gunning down their big threats. i have the kans distract or kill what ever threats come at my flank. all of our games are objective based so i keep the other boy squad to hold the objective.
and seriously are you joking warp heads are necessities. plus i have the advatage along with every one else in the tuorney of knowing what our opponents armys are going to be so yes i do feel rather confident in this army. i do admit the fancy battle wagon is not going quite as well as i had hoped in the first game it got shot from 12 in by and avatar of khaine

Last edited by cpt.Octavian; 11-09-11 at 03:48 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode