1850pts Battlewagon Heavy - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Default 1850pts Battlewagon Heavy

So this is a list that I'm going to slowly start building. Slowly, because it's going to be expensive for all the battle wagons. I only have 1 of the 5. lol.

HQ

Big Mek w/ Cybork Armor and KFF x 2 = 190pts

Elites

2 Squads of 8 lootas = 240pts

Troops

19 Shoota boys w/ 2 big shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw = 124 pts

19 Slugga Boys w/ Nob w/ powerklaw = 114 pts

2 x 18 Slugga Boys w/ Nob w/ powerklaw = 216pts

Transports

4 x Battlewagons w/ 1 big shoota, deff rolla, grot riggas = 480 pts

Heavy

3 Killa Kans w/ grotzookas = 135pts

Battlewagon w/ killakannon, 2 big shootas, 'ard case, reinforced ram, and grot riggas = 185pts

Total = 1848 pts

Pretty straight forward. The 2 big meks will each go in 1 of the battlewagons with 18 boys plus the Nob and transfer the cover saves to the additional battlewagon. I can run them in a line or in groups of 2. Kans and lootas are there to cause havoc. I'm also thinking of expanding this into an 'Ard boys list for next year with more boys, battlewagons, and another squad of lootas. Comments welcome. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 03:07 PM

sickening's Flag is: USA

Sorry bro but only Nobz can take battle wagons as decided transports, the rest have to go into HS slots.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickening View Post
Sorry bro but only Nobz can take battle wagons as decided transports, the rest have to go into HS slots.
Damn. I missed that completely. Don't know why I thought 'Boys could take them. lol. Oh well. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-11, 02:38 AM

Well, you can still get 4 wagons in there.

Dump the Kanz & the killkannon wagon. Your looking to get in the opposition's face ASAP. The Kanz will be left behind. Never have run the Killkannon. Just seems like a lot of points for what it does.

Take those points and put together a squad of Nobz. Kit them out for wound allocation & don't forget the Waaagh Banner & Painboy.

My preferred Nob squad setup:
(All Cybork body)
PK - BP
PK - Waaaugh Banner
Painboy
(2) BC
(2) Shhota/Skorcha
(3) Regular nobz

370pts seems expensive, but man.... can they dish out some punishment!
Maybe drop a few lootaz to get the points needed. (groups of 5-6 lootaz are often viewed as less of a threat anyway.)

You could get away with 1 Big Mek to cover all the wagons if you stick together until you split out upon reaching enemy lines. When a Big Mek is in a vehicle, he projects his KFF 6" from the perimeter of the vehicle. This could allow you a Warboss w/PK, BP & Cybork. Add him to the Nobz for a deathstar, or add to a Boyz squad for some extra ooomph.

Looking for a few extra points? Big Mek can do the same job as Riggers. Drop riggers on the wagons containing a Big Mek.

This will allow 1 Wagon as Dedicated Transport for the nobz. 3 Wagons in the Heavy slots.

I've been running Mechanized Orks since I started 9-10 months ago. Love 'em.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-11, 07:15 AM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Groundhogg's right, five or six Lootas will do better than eight, but in this kind of a list I'd scrap them completely. If you're going for Trukkboyz, then you want three wagons full of boyz, as well as three trukks so you can max out on troops, while the Nobz are shokk troops. However I'd recommend a Warboss in place of one of the Meks if you are going with Trukkboyz.

Also, you need to look at the boyz mobs again as some of the point allocations you have listed are short of the actual cost.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode