1500 pts Boys and Kans - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-11, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

1500 pts Boys and Kans

This is a list I plan on using for a tournament in a couple of weeks. Please give me feedback. Thank you.

HQ

Big Mek w/ KFF 85pts

Big Mek w/ KFF 85pts

Elites

8 Lootas 120pts

Troops

1 20 Boys Squad w/ shootas, 2 big shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw 165pts

1 20 Boys Squad w/ shootas, 2 big shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw 165pts

1 30 Boys Squad w/ sluggas and choopas, Nob w/ powerklaw and 'eavy armor 220pts

1 30 Boys Swuad w/ sluggas and choopas, Nob w/ powerklaw and 'eavy armor 220pts

Heavy Support

3 Killa Kans w/ rokkits 150pts

3 Killa Kans w/ rokkits 150pts

3 Killa Kans w/ grotzookas 135pts

Should total 1495pts. I'm a little leary of walking everything, but I thought using this many boys in a 1500pts list might give me an advantage. As far as I know, I'm the only ork player. The two shoota boys squads are for holding objectives. The two CC squads are for kickin' @SS. Depending on the deployment scenerio, I will use a Kan wall. I'm not sure were to put my Big Meks. Any advice is apprecaited. I'm pretty set on this list, but I need tactical advice for sure, and I'm still open to some changes. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-11, 04:51 PM

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

looks good, I'd recommend swapping one shoota squad for cc boyz and drop the eavy armor on the nobs to give the mechs cybork bodies. Rokkits are ok, but I'd also recommend swapping to all grotzookas to get 2 more lootas.

USMC, Oorah!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-11, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanrel View Post
looks good, I'd recommend swapping one shoota squad for cc boyz and drop the eavy armor on the nobs to give the mechs cybork bodies. Rokkits are ok, but I'd also recommend swapping to all grotzookas to get 2 more lootas.
I'm just worried that if I drop the rokkits, I'll have no ranged hits stronger thanqStr 7, and I usually go up at least 2-3 land raiders in these tournaments. I may drop one of the shoota squads for a CC squad and split the remaining shoota squad into two 10 man squads to sit on objectives. Thanks for the advice.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-11, 07:35 PM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Keep the Rokkits, they're a good choice on Killa Kans, plus ten Lootas aren't any better than eight. Beyond that it's a good solid list that should do pretty well in the tournament.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-11, 05:21 AM

Culler's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyolddragon View Post
I'm just worried that if I drop the rokkits, I'll have no ranged hits stronger thanqStr 7, and I usually go up at least 2-3 land raiders in these tournaments.
The good news is that strength 8 is not meaningfully more effective than strength 7 against land raiders. A squad of 3 kans with rokkits has an almost no chance to get an immobilized or weapon destroyed result against a land raider. As an Ork player, you just aren't going to kill land raiders at range, and rokkits aren't gonna change that. Rokkits are meaningfully better against AV13, but they're still pretty ineffective due to low volume of shots, and AV13 is pretty rare. What you need to worry about is AV10-12 spam, which lootas handle much better, and even grotzookas do a reasonable job against AV10 and 11.

Last edited by Culler; 06-04-11 at 05:54 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-11, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culler View Post
The good news is that strength 8 is not meaningfully more effective than strength 7 against land raiders. A squad of 3 kans with rokkits has an almost no chance to get an immobilized or weapon destroyed result against a land raider. As an Ork player, you just aren't going to kill land raiders at range, and rokkits aren't gonna change that. Rokkits are meaningfully better against AV13, but they're still pretty ineffective due to low volume of shots, and AV13 is pretty rare. What you need to worry about is AV10-12 spam, which lootas handle much better, and even grotzookas do a reasonable job against AV10 and 11.
Hmmm...I never thought of it that way before. I may drop a squad of kans w/ rokkits for more lootas. I don't have the 3rd set of Kans yet, so there's still time to change something if I want.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-11, 09:32 PM

ArchangelPaladin's Flag is: USA

Interesting view point on the rokkits culler.

@OP List looks good, you don’t really need the big shootas, and you deffinitly don’t need the ‘eavy armor, though the point saving won’t get you anything more than two lootas, and as the sullen has said you won’t gain much from that unless you move things around so that you get a second 8 man loota squad. So… I say run with what you have posted and good luck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode