1500 point Mobile Ork list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-11, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Psycho_Tyco's Flag is: England

1500 point Mobile Ork list

Hello again, i have made a revised list and i am short by about 240 points or so (haven't got the ork Dex yet)

HQ:

Ghazkull Thraka.

Big Mek, KFF, KMB.

Troops:

20 Boyz, 2 Rokkit Launcha's, Nob PK/Bosspole (to go in Battlewagon)

19 Boyz, 1 Rokkit Launcha, Nob PK/Bosspole (to go in Battlewagon with Big Mek)

6 Nobz, 2 PK, 2 BC, Painboy, WAAAAAGH Banner, Combi Skorcha) (to go in Battlewagon with Thraka)

Transport:

Battlewagon, Deff Rolla, 2 Big Shootas, RPJ. X 3

this is the diemma i now face, as this is my first ork army, i am unsure on what to get with the left over points... off the top of my head i reckon i haveabout 240 left or so?

for tactics, i was thinking of rushing the 3 wagons up the board with the Big Mek Wagon in the middle for the cover save, unload the nastiness within and destroy everthing

so i was thinking, would i have enough points for 3 deff koptas and some lootas perhaps? also i am no 100% on what units go well together, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated guys and girls.

Peace out.

Please Help lvl up my Nid's, they need to grow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-11, 06:54 PM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Would definitely invest in some lootas.
Perhaps consider some RokkitBuggies to spam more AV with cover saves (i run 9 in 1500 with 3 BW's)

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-11, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Psycho_Tyco's Flag is: England

Hmmm, can rokkit buggies cause havoc like that? with the left over points i was thinking along the lines of:

Deffkopta T/L Rokkit launcha X 3

7 Lootas

7 Lootas

what do you think?

Please Help lvl up my Nid's, they need to grow!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 04:14 AM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Sounds good mate.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 04:45 AM

Uber Ork's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
Would definitely invest in some lootas.
Perhaps consider some RokkitBuggies to spam more AV with cover saves (i run 9 in 1500 with 3 BW's)
I do as well. Personally I love them and they work very well in a mobile force. You can tailor them to fight specific armies and they can take one of the most amazing weapons in the ork arsenal, the Scorcha. Want to watch GEQ armies wet themselves? Fast, move 12" and fire heavy flamer units do just that. Against MEQ armies take T.L. Rokkits. The T.L. makes the rokkits very feasible (considering the BS we have to work with). Pop rhinos so your boyz can assault the squishy things inside, look for opportunities to catch MEQ's out in the open and bring the AP3 hurt, etc. and all for insanely cheap!

You can read my thoughts here https://heresy-online.net/forums/show...t=70270&page=2 on why I feel buggies edge out deathkoptas as the better unit overall.

Lootas are great. Place them in cover and they'll do great at dishing out an amazing amount of high strength fire. Personally I go with buggies as they're insanely cheap, their +1 strength of their weapon gives you a chance at heavily armored vehicles, and their mobility gives you the chance to get a side/rear shots verses the lootas who will most likely have to blast through the front armor facing with 1 less strength.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode