GrotMuncha's Horde! (My 2k List) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-10, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

xClampy's Flag is: England

GrotMuncha's Horde! (My 2k List)

So, this is my first ever 2k list. I have had Orks since I first started playing 40k, back in October, but I have been guadually building my list from the AoBR boxset, up to what you can read now. I have no idea how this list compares to anyone elses lists, but here it is.

Warboss
- Power Klaw
- Twin Linked Shoota
- Attack Squig
- Cybork Body
- Bosspole

Nobz x 10
- Painboy Upgrade
- Cybork Bodies
- Power Klaw x 2
- Shoota-Rokkit Kombi
- Shoota-Skorcha Kombi

Nobz x 10
- Painboy Upgrade
- Cybork Bodies
- Power Klaw x 2
- Shoota-Rokkit Kombi
- Shoota-Skorcha Kombi

Ork Boyz x 20
- Shoota Upgrade
- Rokit Launcha x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw

Ork Boyz x 20
- Big Shoota x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw

Ork Boyz x 20
- Big Shoota x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw

Stormboyz x 10
- Nob Upgrade
- Power Klaw

Deffkoptas x 3
- Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

Warbikers x 3
- Nob Upgrade
- Big Choppa
- Bosspole

Battlewagon
- Killkannon
- Deff Rolla
- Grabbing Klaw
- Big Shoota x 2

Killa Kans x 3
- Kustom Mega Blaster

Total points - 1990 points.

Please let me know what you guys, think. Cheers!

Dan

EDIT: Question, does my team lack in distance fighting? I was thinking of using Loota's but I dont know.

Last edited by xClampy; 02-06-10 at 07:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-10, 12:36 AM

Culler's Flag is: USA

I would highly recommend lootas. They're pretty much mandatory in horde lists IMO. Another battlewagon for your other nobs would also be a really good idea.

Units that you can probably toss: stormboyz, warbikers, and kans. The stormboyz and warbikers are too small to have much staying power (especially the warbikers) while the kans are too slow to really help much.

However, using the kans and deffkoptas as your ranged anti-tank isn't terrible. You can probably get by without adding lootas, but lootas are better than both of those units for killing things because they can hit targets across the board without putting themselves in harm's way.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-10, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

I find my stormboyz always get paggered in the first two rounds. They arent the best unit, but I think they look pretty sweet. Perhaps, I'll drop the ten stormboyz, and take up 10 Lootas. Points shouldnt be too much affected. My opposition will expect me to use them, as he had watched me play the last few games, so it might make a suprise or two.

Cheers, Ill look into that. I have a match vs Chaos Space Marines on Tuesday, and I feel it could go tits up for me, but through Inexperience, more than army selection, as Im only new.

Ill look into Lootas definitely as a relacement option. It would help me against Tau units, as I can shoot them at range, and not have to worry about running the distance to them, getting broadsided, and railguned to pieces.

Dan Clamp - Aspiring Author

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-10, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Update: I have dropped the Stormboyz, and taken the Lootas. I have 8 Lootas now and 2 meks in my squad. Which gives me decent ranged attacks, and also attacks if Im am forced to move, as the KMB's on the Meks are assault weapons.

I feel that my list is pretty awesome. Also I am gutted I spent money on Killa Kans, and the new ones (Plastic I might add) are out in 4 weeks. Oh well. At least I can use them for 4 weeks, and then swap them, for the awesome looking new ones.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-10, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Update: Lost to a Chaos Space Marine Army last night. I tried out the Lootas for the very first time last night, and I must say that they were pretty awesome wiping out 2 defilers and an obliterator squad.

Bikes didnt really do anything tell you the truth, maybe because they are a unit of 3, and its probably just not enough, to justify using them at all. My Nobs units however saved me frm being annihilated. One squad took down a terminator squad, without taking a hit in close combat, the other killling Abaddon and a unit of Plague Marines.

The only reason I lost was as I couldnt get to the fnal objective, missing out by 1/2"

Anyways, can anyone think of anything to bring in to help my army? I was think dropping the bike and taking a KFF?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode