1500 Ork Mech with Kommandos - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-10, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

sickening's Flag is: USA

oh. thought he was a upgraded to a unit so you could not take him alone.
lol i just run AoBR boyz as kommandos because they are really just slugga boyz.
now i have yet to have his unit make it past one assalut. most of the time i will do a multi attack on a tank and what ever unit thats around them but the problem is they will most of the time wipe out the other unit. if i could get thim locked in CC during my opponets shooting phase i could have them live longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-10, 02:32 PM
dakka on you's Flag is: Niue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipding View Post
Snikrot is pretty good. On the GW website one of the tactics they had for Snikrot is for him to come in from behind and take out the tanks hugging their deployment line. The other tactic is to use a pair of burnas.

I have Snikrot, unfortunatly, no kommandos so far. He is capable of taking out a squad of guardsmen by himself though, which is pretty helpful.

And once you take out a squad of 10 guardsmen your going to be open to get shot the hell out of haha.

Heres my Ork solution to tanks. 3-5 deffkoptas with at least 1 buzzsaw. Take first turn and turbo boost during your scout movement. Move 12in towards whatever tank you want then assault it. You have first turn so you hit automatically on rear armor. Outflanking deffkoptas with rokkits is a waste of time. I've played several people with my guard list that do that and they waste there units. Why take all of those rokkits when you can take one buzzsaw and almost guarantee you kill a tank. Ork shooting isn't great so just skip shooting and look at what they are good at. Assault. Hope this helps

Word To Your Mother!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 10:19 PM

What dakka says is the truth

I played Space Marines when the New ork codex came out and when someone pulled that on my Predator with all lascannons i was like WTF!!!! there is no F$%%ing way those can do it. After looking at the codex it's true.

Now that i have embraced the WAGGGGH! i always take at least one squad at barely over one hundred points you have to take these.

In my army of 1500 i have two squads its beautiful Mayhem and destruction that only Orks can pull off

CHEERS!

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-10, 11:05 PM

By outflanking with the deffkoptas on the charge they are str 7 with the buzzsaw and only 3 attacks, however you get the additional movement. However with Snikrot you are str 6 on the charge with 6 attacks and you can re-roll your misses, you also can come in from any side of the board you wish. Not to mention you need atleast 2-3 deffkopta's with a buzz saw to hit the tank with as much of a chance as snikrot costing way more than snikrot's point value.
Nothing in the ork codex can pull off what Snikrot can do, that is why he is there! Seriously... you gotta love Snikrot.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

lol you both make very very good points. my komandos never live past the next turn after they come out. just like dakka was saying after i assault they just get shot to death but on the other hand they always take out 1 tank and another unit in a multi combat. if i can just keep them locked in combat so so they kill finish off the unit if the other players assault phase they will make at least another turn.

i do like the deffkopta's so i will give it a test run some time.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 01:38 PM

Plus with deffkoptas your enemy is going to be "revenge killing" therefor Its less shooting at your mobs, trukks, Wagons, or whatever else you may have charging up the field. Every time I use this my enemy shoots at the deffkoptas with half of his army and I just laugh to myself.

Word To Your Mother!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

yeah i have that happen to me also, but they make for easy kill points.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

this list got me first place in a small tournament! lol 40 bucks in store credit.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 08:10 PM

Was it the exact list thats posted or did you make any changes?

Word To Your Mother!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-10, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

yeah i made room for 2 burnas and planks on the turkks but the same for the most part

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode