KRUSH!STOMP!SHOOT! Riandros 1500 Fun ork army - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-09, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Must Paint MOAR!

Riandro's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default KRUSH!STOMP!SHOOT! Riandros 1500 Fun ork army

Just to stress, this list is just for fun. Nothing competative. And yes, it does follow the FOC chart too. The 2 Big Meks make the Deff Dreads Troops choice.

3 Battle Wagons
Kill Kannon
Deff rolla
Red Paint
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates
ZappGun
4 Big shootas

Each carry 6 Tank Busterz. (shooting at every opportunity :D)

Big mek
Kustom Force Feild
Cybork
Eavy Armour

Big Mek
Shokk Attack Gun
Ammo Runt
Cybork
Eavy Armour

2 Deff Dreads
2 Kustom Mega Blastas
Grot Riggers
Armour Plates

20 Gretchin
2 Runtherds
Grot Prods

Enjoy!

Tea drinkers of the world - UNITE - The wise words of Red Orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:27 AM

Ghengis Vaughn's Flag is: USA

I think it will be kooky fun, also, a great treat in case you have to capture points too.
People wont think to look to your dreads as potential threats for a tactical victory ( at least in my head they won't )

How do your Kustom Blastas work for you on your Dreads? I just got one and based on their WS stat line I am going to go with Skorchas just because I want them to hit something when they shoot

The Emperor Protects
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Must Paint MOAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis Vaughn View Post
How do your Kustom Blastas work for you on your Dreads? I just got one and based on their WS stat line I am going to go with Skorchas just because I want them to hit something when they shoot
I like skorchas. Nothing wrong with them.
But i figured, As my dreads are walking up towards the enemy, i might as well pop a few shots at the tough nasty things. A mighty strength of 8 is going to do wonders on most tanks, and AP 2 is gonna do wonders on Oblit's, termies, Hell. Anything. Problem with it though, is hitting them LOL
2 each is going to improve the chance's of hitting them. then whatever survives, get KRUMPED in CC.

Quote:
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 03:12 PM

edd_thereaper's Flag is: England

nice list riandro, armies with not much anti tank fire might struggle against it, however it may suffer against horde armies but overall a funny list

and for the record ghengis, when i played against riandro with orks, he failed to miss more than once for every 5 dice thrown against me, his luck with ork shooting is unreal
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Must Paint MOAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd_thereaper View Post
when i played against riandro with orks, he failed to miss more than once for every 5 dice thrown against me, his luck with ork shooting is unreal
You better belive it, Gotta love kustom mega blasterz!

Also, horde armies wouldnt be THAT much of a problem. Your forgetting the deff rollers, kill kannons, A mighty total of 12 big shootaz, totaling at 36 shots
And a shokk gun ;)

Horde armies tend to struggle with any sort of veicle TBH anyways, Tyranids for example. Gaunts and hormo's, cant wound any sort of vehicle. Genestealers could, but they have horrible saves and would get blasted about in the first turn (or held up with gretchin, after 20 shots from a grot squad, i supposed they would have chances). Carnifex's can be counterd with the dreads, and hive tyrants will be delt with the same way. Zoanthropes will just feel the wrath of shooting again.

So yeah. im acctually pretty confident about this list

Quote:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 03:21 PM

edd_thereaper's Flag is: England

i never said anything about nids, how about other ork armies?
tons of boys, anti tank stuff and plenty of other nastyness, you might have to tread carefully . . .
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Must Paint MOAR!

Still, ork boys have no save against big shooters. Or anything else i can shoot at them :D

Granted there is the annoyance of the force feild, but with enough shots, anything will go down :D

Quote:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 08:27 PM

Culler's Flag is: USA

Should be a decent list against marines. Lots of AP 3 there. Probably fun to play too. Not all that tactically sound though.

For instance, your only unit that can capture objectives is a single 20-man grot mob (vehicles can't capture objectives no matter what FOC slot they are so the dreads don't count). Also, your battlewagons can fire no other shots if they fire their killkannons because they're ordnance, making those zzap guns and big shootas pretty useless til you get a weapon destroyed result.

Tyranids would make quick work of this list though. Fexes with venom cannons will make quick work of your tanks because they're open-topped as well as your dreads, you have no way to deal with MCs effectively (all your high str weapons are ap 3 vs. tyranid MCs typical 2+ save except your 3 bs 2 zzap guns which may or may not have a decent str and a CC hive tyrant will tear through your dreads like paper since it strikes before they do and rolls 2d6+str for pen and has more attacks). An ork horde list would similarly tear right on through with powerklaws hidden in mobs. Anyone else would be a tossup depending on what they were fielding, mostly in the other army's favor if they've got a decent list though.

Suggestions for improvement: Combine the 3 tankbusta squads into 2 and put the big mek with shokk attack gun in a battlewagon and give it a 'ard case. Then that wagon is pretty much for fire support but will do it fairly well. It's not really an optimal unit at around 300 points for 2 blast templates, but it's better than leaving the mek alone. I'd toss him out entirely and get either another KFF or drop the 3rd battlewagon for a unit of Kans with grotzookas for hilarious awesome anti-infantry that's also tougher and more killy in CC than a dread for the same points. If you want to keep the 3rd battlewagon (which is a good idea), get some nobs and give it to them as a transport. Or you could get a warboss, take the nobs as a troops choice, then put them all in the battlewagon. Mega-armor warboss + meganobz in a transport is a pretty solid option. 'Eavy armor Nobz and a 'eavy armor warboss in a battlewagon works well too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode