Help with 750 point ork list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-08, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Icon Help with 750 point ork list

Hey, i'm new to the forums, i've been looking at other lists, but I decided to make one of my own.
These are the figures I have so far:
Assault on Black Reach - 20 ork boyz with choppas and sluggas (2 with big shootas), 3 deffkoptas, 1 ork warboss, and 5 nobs with choppas and sluggas.
10 ork boyz with shootas (1 with a rokkit launcha and 1 with a big shoota)

This is what i've been thinking:

HQ- Warboss with power klaw, twin linked shoota, 'eavy armour, and a bosspole - 100 points

Troops1- 20 ork boyz with shootas (1 with rokkit launcha, 1 with big shoota) - 135 points

Troops2- 20 ork boyz with sluggas and choppas (2 with big shootas) - 130 points

Troops3- (not sure)

Fast Attack1- 3 deffkoptas with a twin linked rokkit launcha - 135 points

Fast Attack2 - 3 warbikers - 100 points

Now I'm not sure if this is a good list or not, so if you guys could help me with nobz that would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-08, 02:54 AM

Lord_Murdock's Flag is: Canada

Don't mix big shootas and rokkit launchas in the same squad. You need 2 or 3 rokkits for them to be any good, and the more big shootas you have the better.

First, I'd recommend maxing out your boyz mobs to 30 orks each. Give the slugga/choppa mob 3 rokkits, and the shoota mob 3 big shootas. Both mobs are going to need a nob with a power klaw and a bosspole. Power klaws are a must, so don't waste any opportunities to take them!

Get rid of the 3 bikers. they aren't going to do you much good until you get a whooole lot more of them. As for the deff coptas, I'd drop them as well. That'll free up enough points to make another mob of boyz.

I really wouldn't use the nobz squad at all in a list of this size. Make the warboss join a mob of boyz instead.

For larger battles, maybe get another mob of boyz (you can never have enough!) and perhaps 10-15 lootas. Maybe a battlewagon as well, along with some powerklaw nobz and a painboy to go with the big choppa nobz you already have. That'll fill out your nobz squad pretty nicely.

Well, that's my opinion. Hope it helps!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-09, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Murdock View Post
Don't mix big shootas and rokkit launchas in the same squad. You need 2 or 3 rokkits for them to be any good, and the more big shootas you have the better.

First, I'd recommend maxing out your boyz mobs to 30 orks each. Give the slugga/choppa mob 3 rokkits, and the shoota mob 3 big shootas. Both mobs are going to need a nob with a power klaw and a bosspole. Power klaws are a must, so don't waste any opportunities to take them!

Get rid of the 3 bikers. they aren't going to do you much good until you get a whooole lot more of them. As for the deff coptas, I'd drop them as well. That'll free up enough points to make another mob of boyz.

I really wouldn't use the nobz squad at all in a list of this size. Make the warboss join a mob of boyz instead.

For larger battles, maybe get another mob of boyz (you can never have enough!) and perhaps 10-15 lootas. Maybe a battlewagon as well, along with some powerklaw nobz and a painboy to go with the big choppa nobz you already have. That'll fill out your nobz squad pretty nicely.

Well, that's my opinion. Hope it helps!

Thanks, im going to talk to the guys at my local GW store about that list

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-09, 07:16 PM

You need nobs in your squads. The boss pole is a must.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-09, 04:39 AM

I started with orks similar to this one and from experience, deffkoptas just doesn't cut it. Sadly, the 3 bikes, eventhough, cool-looking, is ineffective as well.

After seeing lootas in action,however, I was compelled to get a unit of them and been a staple in my lists ever since. They are that good.

Just by dropping the latter units, one can squeeze in 15 Lootas in the list.

Good luck!

Last edited by iron panda; 01-08-09 at 04:42 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-09, 12:02 PM

take koptas OR bikers, not both- you get a suprising amount of more orks for 100 point!
take a nob- it's funny seeing the amount of people who get angered by the fact that the basic leader of an ork squad gets 3 attacks, 2 wounds, isn't an independent character so can be singled out in combat and is surprisingly cheap. you don't even have to take a power klaw (unless you want an insurance policy for tanks)- just take a big choppa for some cheap extra strength.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-09, 01:50 PM
dakka on you's Flag is: Niue

instead of a warboss maby consider a big mek with a shokk atk gun.. its only 95 pts so i would say its worth it, its a very random gun so its up to u.. but it could raise hell troop wise against ur opponent. and u dont always have to get ur troop choices to a max of 30. i use 4 20 man squads in my 1500pt army and a squad of 10 ard boys.. in my openion it gives the other guy more targets to shoot at instead of him dumping a bunch of shots into say 1 of 3 30 man squads that u have and taking it dwn to 10 guys.. well good luck with ur orks man and i hope this maby helped a little bit

Word To Your Mother!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-09, 07:06 PM

Hellskullz's Flag is: USA

If you are taking a warboss try and give him an attack squig. +1A is awesome for what it costs, especially on a warboss. Also, like a lot of people have already said, you can't go wrong with more boyz. And something you can look into if you want, giving your squad of boyz shootas. While this reduces your attacks from 3 to 2 (and from 4 to 3 on charge) each of your boyz will get an extra shot in shooting, which means i squad of 30 boyz will get 60shots and 90attacks on the charge (assuming it is just a plain 30ork boyz shoota squad). I have tried using deffokaptas and personally, i don't find them worth their points. A squad of 3 couldn't even take down my friends normal dreadnaught when they had several rounds of clear shooting >.>

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode