30x Slugga boys/ 180
30x Slugga boys/ 180
30x Slugga boys/ 180
30x Slugga boys/ 180
30x Slugga boys/ 180
30x Slugga boys/ 180
Heavy Support
Deff dread/ 2X DCCW Grot Riggers-110

My idea is to put the Big Mek and the lootas in a good piece of cover and pick off anything that is really scary while my army runs down the field. the deff dread is more often then not seen as a big threat so it takes lots of shots that are not going in to my troops. the Nobz Hit Tanks units that my normal boys would have a hard times dealing with.

any ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 03:15 AM

Strange Dude's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice (lots of painting though!)

My only suggestion would be to stick some Nobs with Power Klaws in with the boyz just to mess up anything hard.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 03:17 AM
Tactless Tactician

Uh.... hope to Gork (or maybe Mork) that your SAG doesn't blow up and take the Lootas with it.

And where are your Squad Nobs? Where are your special weapons?

As things stand, only your Dred and Nob Mob have a prayer against most armor... and your Boyz will be worthless at anything greater than twelve inches range.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 03:30 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

While there's something to be said for a tide of Boyz, I agree... this isn't going to work. A single Predator Destructor will reap a truly absurd total against your army, and won't get so much as a scratch in return in all likelihood. The simple solution is to can the nobz as a unit, and distribute 'em through your squads. Give 'em klaws. Normally, I don't advocate using power fists specifically for going tank hunting, but honestly, you've got enough boyz that you'll get there. Besides, you need something to crack open power armour in close combat besides volume of dice.

I'd also strongly suggest distributing big shootas through the squads, and perhaps since you'll save a TON of points dropping the Nobz as a squad, you might have enough points to bring a zzap! gun or two. Not ideal, but it's something, and a zzap! gun can jack up armour pretty well when you roll decently.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode