1000 points - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Tau2007's Flag is: USA

Default 1000 points

Hi all,
I'm playing a 1,000-point, three-way game this Friday. Two of us have the 5th edition, but we don't know about the third player. So, it's basically going to be annihilation all around! LOL

I've only played Orks once before, so I'm still new to them. Here is my army list. Please let me know what you think.

HQ
Warboss w/ Power-Klaw, Twin-Linked Shoota, Bosspole, Heavy Armor, Cybork body

Troops
26 Boyz w/ sluggas and choppas
3 boyz w/ big shootas
Nob w/ slugga, Power-Klaw, Bosspole

Troops

6 Meganobz (count as Troops because of Warboss)
3 Kombi Shoota-Skorcha
2 Kombi Shoota-Rocket Launcha
1 Twin-Linked Shoota
Dedicated Truk w/ Wreckin' Ball, Reinforced Ram, and Boarding Plank

Fast Attack
5 Deffkoptas w/ Twin-Linked Big Shootas

Heavy Support

Battle Wagon w/ Killakannon, Deff Rolla, Zap Gun, 2 Big Shootas

Total: 1001 points

Normally, I'd take lots more Boyz, but I just love the Mega-Nobz miniatures! LOL They're up there with the Chaplain in Terminator Armor as my favorite.

Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Tau2007

Railguns: Str-10 + AP-1 = Life is Swell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 02:12 AM
Tactless Tactician

Quote:
HQ
Warboss w/ Power-Klaw, Twin-Linked Shoota, Bosspole, Heavy Armor, Cybork body
Not bad. Very AoBR, but that's quite all right.

Quote:
Troops
26 Boyz w/ sluggas and choppas
3 boyz w/ big shootas
Nob w/ slugga, Power-Klaw, Bosspole
Good.

Quote:
Troops
6 Meganobz (count as Troops because of Warboss)
3 Kombi Shoota-Skorcha
2 Kombi Shoota-Rocket Launcha
1 Twin-Linked Shoota
Dedicated Truk w/ Wreckin' Ball, Reinforced Ram, and Boarding Plank
Ugh.... Okay, you like the models, but... man, there are better ways to burn your points.

Quote:
Fast Attack
5 Deffkoptas w/ Twin-Linked Big Shootas
No Rokkit Launchers? At they very least, a Buzzsaw somewhere. And you might want to split them into smaller squads, so your opponents have to split their fire.

Quote:
Heavy Support
Battle Wagon w/ Killakannon, Deff Rolla, Zap Gun, 2 Big Shootas
This thing will only be able to fire one weapon if it moves at all, which limits it considerably. I'd suggest something else.

Damn near anything else.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 10:23 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

In a three way battle you will probably want more troops but hey its your army. I agree with Cole on his suggestions.

THe meganobs are a big point sink and the slow and purposful is going to kill you when they aren't in CC.

Also there trukk has way to many upgrades and you forgot the most important one the red paint job.

Deffkoptas should have twin linked rokkits and be split into two squads.

Battlewagon is another points sink just give it the regular kannon since the regular kannon is way cheaper has the same strength and AP plus it shoots further so you have more range if you need it or better yet drop it for two looted wagons with boom guns and get some more troops.

37 orks will see you dead, dead, dead fast in a three way battle.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 11:51 PM

Gannon's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
In a three way battle you will probably want more troops but hey its your army. I agree with Cole on his suggestions.

THe meganobs are a big point sink and the slow and purposful is going to kill you when they aren't in CC.

Also there trukk has way to many upgrades and you forgot the most important one the red paint job.

Deffkoptas should have twin linked rokkits and be split into two squads.

Battlewagon is another points sink just give it the regular kannon since the regular kannon is way cheaper has the same strength and AP plus it shoots further so you have more range if you need it or better yet drop it for two looted wagons with boom guns and get some more troops.

37 orks will see you dead, dead, dead fast in a three way battle.
Agreed, I'd definitely look at getting more troops in there. If this is a fun game then go for the list you have now, just don't plan on being in the action for more than 2-3 turns. If I was you I'd drop that BW and just throw your MegaNobs in a Trukk. That way you're not putting all of your eggs in one basketso to say. With the extra points you have, buy more boyz!

Always put RPJ on your vehicles. That extra inch really goes a long way when you need it.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Hi all,
Thanks for the input!

A few things -- I've dumped the Battle Wagon in favor of a troop of 30 Shoota Boyz with three rocket launchas.

I would LOVE to give the Deffkoptas Twin-Linked Rocket Launchas, but it shoots me way past the 1000-point maximum.

Also, we're not really playing just Annihilation; it's going to be a 3-way Capture & Control with Annihilation as a tie-breaker if necessary.

My plan with the Mega-Nobz, who have a Truk, is race them to my objective (if I can't start them there), dump them on it, and then send the Truk off to cause as much rammy trouble as it can. I'm going to charge the two mobs of Boyz at the nearest enemy objective, and race the Deffkoptas toward the second enemy objective and make life as miserable for him as possible.

I'm at 1002 points right now, so I can't add the RPJ or anything else, really. Also, not to be too fluffy, but I'm not running an Evil Sunz and/or Speed Freek army, so I'd hesitate to use the RPJ anyway.

Again, thanks for the insight; it is much appreciated!

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Cheers,
Tau2007

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 07:55 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

The RPJ has nothing to do with fluff. I don't play speed freaks/evil suns either. The main reason it is suggested is for the extra inch of movement that it will allow your truck to get. I would say drop the boarding plank and take the RPJ because once you drop off the Nobs there will be no need for the boarding plank. I'm not a big fan of the wrecking ball either but if you like it go for it.

An alternative list could go something like this.

Warboss with mega-armor and bosspole (rides with Mega-Nobs in trukk)
5 mega Nobs all with Kombi weapons
Trukk- Red Paint job and Ram

3- deffkoptas with twin link rokkits
2- deffkoptas with twin link rokkits

Slugga boyz mob 22 boys
2- with big shootas
1- Nob with PK and bosspole

Shoota boyz mob 22 boyz
2- with big shootas
1-Nob with PK and bosspole

Total=1000 points

I send the boss and Nobs to sit on your objective. This gives you a rock hard unit sitting on your objective. THen send 2 koptas and the shoota boyz at one opponent and 3 koptas and the slugga boyz at another. Once the trukk has dumped off the boss and nobs have it go after whatever you want. Remember it does have a big shoota as well. So shoot troops and then ram them.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 03:33 AM

I like the list but I must say that five TL Shoota Koptas are very good. They come in from the back and have excellent dakka, can join assaults and one loss does not require a morale test. By spitting them up you will be taking more tests. Not that there is anything wrong with Rokkits -each have their place. I prefer squads of either one ( generally ignored ) or five Koptas to prolong their survivability.

Nothing wrong with meganobs. I use them all the time. I do exactly as you plan - drive them at an objective and hold it. Too bad ypou have only the one trukk though - it will be the first thing targeted for sure and then if you do not get a good ramshackle you will be slogging it slow and steady down table. I gernerally have at least two vehicles if I run the Manz in a trukk.

when you are playing at 1000 points you will not need a lot of anti-tank. Your PKs should do fine. The boyz mobs are okay but as I said too bad you have just one trukk. See how it works though.

Good luck and go get 'em.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 03:37 AM
Tactless Tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe View Post
I like the list but I must say that five TL Shoota Koptas are very good. They come in from the back and have excellent dakka, can join assaults and one loss does not require a morale test.
With a squad Leadership that caps at seven... morale is not something you want to bank on. More, smaller squads, will assure that your enemy can't wax the whole unit with one good round of shooting.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Hi all,
Well, after all this, the game got postponed!

Again, though, thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I'll be sure to take it into account when the game does happen.

Bebe -- glad to see I'm not the only fan of the Mega Nobz!

Cheers,
Tau2007

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 11:54 PM

Quote:
With a squad Leadership that caps at seven... morale is not something you want to bank on. More, smaller squads, will assure that your enemy can't wax the whole unit with one good round of shooting.
That is my point. One loss to your Kopta squad and bye bye. With five Koptas at l;east you can sustain one loss ( they do have two wounds apiece ) and perhaps get that extra round of shooting in to let your boys get closer. But hey, each player has his way - I can only go by what my results have been with Koptas.

Quote:
Bebe -- glad to see I'm not the only fan of the Mega Nobz!
Oh there are lots of fans of Manz. It is tricky using them though at 1000 points. You need to take off the wreakin ball and plank and use those points to get a trukk for a mob of boys to support your Manz. Just downgrade your BW to Big Shootas and Deffrolla and drop the Killkannon and zzapp gun and put twenty boys in it. Then get a mob of trukk boys. Not sure on points but yoyu only need to kombi-scorchas in your Manz squad anyway so drop the kombi-rokkit ( PKs kill vehicles and MCs).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode