1000pts Orks for local FLGS event - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-14, 07:35 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Lootas would be a good option as a replacement since dakkajets are pretty much flying lootas they work well.

Other things l like to do at these point levels is put a squad of burnaboyz in as the warbosses personal bodyguard. All those unexpected flamer attacks or powerweapon attacks are hard to deal with.

Buggies are another thing I love to add. Fast, mobil, cheap and they can kill stuff. A unit of two buggies with skocha upgrade to kill stuff in cover and a buggy with rokkits launchers gives you stuff to take on big stuff. And that would leave you 15 points to spend on other stuff. So for the price of one dakkajet you get three upgraded suicide buggies.

You could also make a small Ard boyz shoota squad to give you some 4+ shoota boyz that are good for objective holding or leading the attack when orks get a 4+ save this freaks people out.

Anyway just some of my oddball things I throw in my list a low point levels to mess with people and give them something that they are not use to seeing in a normal ork army.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-14, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

Alas, I have some pretty bad model constraints, and AS Levels means no hope of painting anything before the next one. However, I can probably paint up ten or fifteen Lootas during the half-term for the one in two weeks' time (they're running all through May):

AoBR Warboss
Mega-Armoured Warboss
10 Nobz, 7 Big Choppas, 2 Power Klaws, Painboy, Waaagh! Banner
102 Slugga Boyz (4 Nobz, 60 Slugga, 40 Shoota with 6 Big Shootas)
2 Planes (built as Dakkajets but could run them as Bommas)
Battlewagon with Deff Rolla, gunners, all the bells and whistles from the kit
3 Killa Kans with Big Shoota/Skorcha/Grotzooka, but wouldn't be too hard to proxy
Deff Dread with 4 DCCWs
3 Zzap Guns
Aegis Line with Quad-Gun
Stompa! (although I don't think we're playing Escalation )

Everything else is unpainted, unfortunately, so this is pretty much it for what I have to work with.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-14, 03:23 PM
Spored to be Wild

Your list is good for this event I would just add some lootas to replace the one dakkajet. I was just giving you ideas for future events at this point level of things to add to your army that just drive opponents crazy. Of course with 7th coming out and a rumored new ork codex all that may change but they are ideas to consider. Good luck and keep bashing and stomping them.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-14, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

Warboss with Power Klaw, Attack Squig and Cybork Body

7 Lootas

30 Slugga Boyz with Nob with Power Klaw
30 Shoota Boyz with 2 Big Shootas and Nob with Power Klaw

Dakkajet with 3 Twin-Linked Supa-Shootas and Flyboss

@morfangdakka

Got some last-minute painting done. In exam season, no less!

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-14, 04:53 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

at 1000 pts only template or blast heavy armies stand a chance. this list looks very good

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-14, 01:56 AM
Spored to be Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Warboss with Power Klaw, Attack Squig and Cybork Body

7 Lootas

30 Shoota Boyz with 2 Big Shootas and Nob with Power Klaw

Dakkajet with 3 Twin-Linked Supa-Shootas and Flyboss

@morfangdakka

Got some last-minute painting done. In exam season, no less!
7 loots will do very nicely. I think this is a good list as well and you should do really good.

Red Orc

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-14, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

For anyone interested -

This list performs well in 7th edition too. Being able to charge through cover with impunity, the more powerful Warlord Traits, and ability to dogpile objectives with Objective Secured makes bringing a load of Boyz a strong thing. The removal of area terrain seemed like it would be a big deal, but most of the things that used to be Area Terrain are now their own Datasheet in the rulebook with the same effect as Area Terrain (although you can't GtG for +2 to your save, Orks are Fearless, so I don't care ) - in addition, I often get 4+ cover anyway as the GW Ruins are so convenient as to be the main terrain piece around here, as well as it being a common sight to see both players bringing an Aegis Line. Psychic Powers are annoying, but not much more annoying than before, and you can occasionally push through a Deny on Catalyst or Fortune which is really sweet. Apart from that, I found that an incredibly effective way of dealing with Psykers was to kill the Psykers. Most psykers are either hugely expensive or very squishy, and if you have some way of getting to them (such as a Dakkajet or long range or simply having enough bodies to absorb casualties on the way in), you can deal with them in short order.

Oh, and I managed to win The Relic against a Space Marine list with a Knight Errant, which I was pretty chuffed about.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-14, 05:31 PM
Spored to be Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
For anyone interested -

This list performs well in 7th edition too. Being able to charge through cover with impunity, the more powerful Warlord Traits, and ability to dogpile objectives with Objective Secured makes bringing a load of Boyz a strong thing. The removal of area terrain seemed like it would be a big deal, but most of the things that used to be Area Terrain are now their own Datasheet in the rulebook with the same effect as Area Terrain (although you can't GtG for +2 to your save, Orks are Fearless, so I don't care ) - in addition, I often get 4+ cover anyway as the GW Ruins are so convenient as to be the main terrain piece around here, as well as it being a common sight to see both players bringing an Aegis Line. Psychic Powers are annoying, but not much more annoying than before, and you can occasionally push through a Deny on Catalyst or Fortune which is really sweet. Apart from that, I found that an incredibly effective way of dealing with Psykers was to kill the Psykers. Most psykers are either hugely expensive or very squishy, and if you have some way of getting to them (such as a Dakkajet or long range or simply having enough bodies to absorb casualties on the way in), you can deal with them in short order.

Oh, and I managed to win The Relic against a Space Marine list with a Knight Errant, which I was pretty chuffed about.

this is good to know as I play mainly footslooger armys with lots of boys and congrats on the win I would be chuffed about someone bringing a knight as well but you showed him orks stompa everything. Keep up the good work.

Red Orc

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode