Anti-Tyranid Ork Army List/s (1500 pts) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-13, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Waaagh_Skabfang's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodzee316 View Post
not sure what you meant had burnas in a "trukk"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaagh_Skabfang View Post
it was some of the first games i had
You brought back a funny memory with Burnas of Solar Flare proportions awesomeness

Quote:
it is a AV14 as opposed to AV11 of trukks that way it will take him alot longer to open it up
Trukks are AV 10 all round. If it is a Battlewagon and if I am ramming that MC then when it gets to his turn he'll easily be able to charge it and with melee will hit against the rear armour (Battlewagons having rear armour 10 of all things ) of any vehicle (except Walkers) as stated on page 76 of the Rulebook.

Sure it might take longer for him to kill it on the way there but then its only useful when it gets in melee range which is when it is at it's most vulnerable. The Deffrolla most likely popping along with the Battlewagon anyways. OH! and of course GW! It is ap2 (since it would have smash) as well so he will get +1 on the vehicle damage chart on top of that, then +1 on that same chart because it is open-topped.

Last edited by Waaagh_Skabfang; 03-28-13 at 12:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-13, 07:50 AM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

yeah but he needs to survive the 1d6 str 10 hits from the deffrolla first and not to mention all the burna templates
anyway just another idea for you to try as mine wasted a demon prince before it got to hit back
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-13, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
anyway just another idea for you to try as mine wasted a demon prince before it got to hit back
I could imagine it being good against them since they are now only T5, don't get eternal warrior and do not get +1 T unless they get it in a challenge or get iron arm. Then so long as they fail one armour/invuln save then it is bye bye demon prince. ^^

All nid MC's are T6 and the tervigon for instance has like 6 wounds. So I think I need something at least with ap3 in order to cut through that large wound count as well as a high enough strength, so those flamer templates are not going to cut it in my eyes.

Demon princes also have to pour some of their spells into their codex powers while nids can just put it all into Biomancy so they have a higher chance of getting their iron arm and other insane buffs.
So those are my reasons for thinking 1d6 str 10 hits are just not going to do if they are not able to cut through the armour to only die afterwards getting only a couple of wounds off in the process due to their high armour save.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-13, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Here is an amended list of the second one that I will try in future:

HQ

Big Mek w/SAG, Ammo runt, BP

Elites

9 Lootas

9 Lootas

Troops

30 shoota boys w/ Nob and BP
^
2 more squads of this mob

10 Gretchin w/ Runtherd

Fast Attack

Dakkajet w/ Extra Supa shoota and Flyboss

Dakkajet w/ same

Heavy Support

3 Kannons w/ 10 Crew and Runtherd

3 Kannons w/ same

3 Kannons w/ same

I did feel I might have went a little bit overboard with the amount of Lootaz so I reduced their body count to get another boy squad. I had realized before I had put 'Eavy Armour on the big mek which seems quite pointless so that has been removed now. I also removed the PKs on the Nobz though as Battman said the Nobz are possibly a bit of a waste themselves but I'll risk the 15 pts spent on them just encase he is able to help hold off an MC for a longer duration.

As I've still to test it, I might still run the 3 squads of 10 lootaz army list anyways as it would be funny to see how much he craps himself at the amount of dakka produced by that but I'll report back when I get the chance to fight him again.

I also decided to go for Shootas in this example as it seems to be quite a popular choice these days for any Ork army both from forum posts and with chatting at my local GW, so I think I will give it a shot and see how much the over-watch actually fares better than the extra attacks in CQC.

As far as the Battlewagon list is concerned which I attempted at making I cannot quite seem to get an amalgamation that works for it within this gun-line type of build, it might be just due to my bias against them in this match-up: I don't know for sure , any suggestions?

Last edited by Waaagh_Skabfang; 03-30-13 at 12:52 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Tags
army lists , ork , orks , tactica , warhammer 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode