New to 40K and Threads - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-13, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Welverin's Flag is: Canada

Default New to 40K and Threads

Good day everyone.

I am new to Warhammer and to the thread - and myself along with my 2 teens, are getting into the game, after attending a few games at a local Game Workshop event.

I have decided to go with Orks as my primary because I love the idea of running straight into the face of the enemy and smashing teeth as I go. I have decided to go with Speed Freaks, because like them - I know that Speed and aggrerssion is everything (hence I ride a 1000cc Ninja). The only thing I have right now, is the Battle Force box set, along with a Battlewagon. Can I get some input to build a BASIC Speed Freak army of 1500pts, cause right now - I"m building whats in the back of the Codex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 06:00 AM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

Hi Welverin and welcome to the hobby and good to see another greenskin join the battle against those stinkin' umies' an uva pretty boyz.

speed freaks are always a good start with the battleforce as you already get a trukk and some bikes. with the bikes you really want to use them as nob bikers as they are one of the toughest most versatile units we have. regular warbikers tend to get crushed pretty easily i find. in a 1500 point army you would look at maybe between 4-8 of these depending on how many points you want to spend on them 1-3 power klaws and some big choppas as their load out is pretty good. but make sure you got a warboss on a bike to ride with them.
trukks will be your main assault carrying your boyz into the fight i usually run between 3-5 trukks at 1500 points depending on whether i use nob bikers or nobz in a battlewagon
trukks are bare bones or at the most with a ram for terrain re-rolls don't worry about any other upgrades for them in my opinion . and your load out should consist of 11 boyz (i prefer sluggas and choppa's because my idea of trukks is to get the boyz in to close combat asap) and 1 Nob with a Power Klaw and a boss pole to keep them inline .
war buggies and defkoptas with twinlinked rokkits are always nice to have roaming around as anti tank. but are not essential.
some loota's are always good to have as they can deal with most armour and your best bet at flyers if you don't have flyers yourself.
burna boyz go well in battlewagon's as many people will attest too.
and also a bigmek with a Kustom Force Field will always help with a 5+ cover save for your vehicles.

to give you better idea of some speed freak lists, do a search in the forum search bar for 1500 speed freaks and you will see some variations on the lists to see how you want to go.

hope this helps
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 03:29 PM

brianlynchmob's Flag is: Canada

Also do a youtube search or google, for battle reports or "batreps" you can see some good speed freak armies and how others play them.

Here's a fun ork player to watch, and he can do a proper waaaaagh Welcome to the hobby and the horde. He's not using speed freaks, but it's still a fun watch.

Last edited by brianlynchmob; 03-14-13 at 03:32 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 06:38 AM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

brianlynchmob you didn't post the link in your post was wondering if you could add it in as i wouldn't mind seeing it. i'd like to watch how differently someone else uses the waaagh or whether they use it the same way as i do.

cheers
woodzee
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 09:32 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

he is probably talking about the guy from miniwargames that post ork army videos.

Anyway welcome to the waaagh always good to have another green skin around. A biker boss and nob bikers are good. YOu could also look at getting wazzdakka in your army but he is best at 2000 points. You could go with all trukks or all battlewagons for your army. I am going with an all biker army just for fun. so welcome aboard we are here to help you out.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 03:31 PM

brianlynchmob's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodzee316 View Post
brianlynchmob you didn't post the link in your post was wondering if you could add it in as i wouldn't mind seeing it. i'd like to watch how differently someone else uses the waaagh or whether they use it the same way as i do.

cheers
woodzee
weird I thought it had posted. but ya the guy from miniwargamming, he does orks right

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the idea guys. Am going to get started this weekend on building up what I need. Was thinking of posting a few pictures of my guys too, so I can get some input on paint schemes and such.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welverin View Post
Thanks for the idea guys. Am going to get started this weekend on building up what I need. Was thinking of posting a few pictures of my guys too, so I can get some input on paint schemes and such.
Pictures have been added to my profile ........ I think. Can't find the album I created, so assuming that Admin needs to approve first

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Tags
new army , new player , orks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode