2000pt 6th ed tournimet Orks - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Default 2000pt 6th ed tournimet Orks

Ok, So I'm going to playing in a tourniment on the 28th of this month, and then again on the 11 of Aug. I want to try and win with 6th ed, dispite not haveing alot of practice. Gaurenteed to be faceing atleast 2 necrons, and 2 grey knights. There will also be Blood Angels and maybe 2 IG players. My list follows.

HQ

Gragskull

Warbos in mega armor
Boss pole/cybork body

Elites

8x Lootas

5x Meganobs
Battlewagon
Deff rolla red paint job

Troops

5x Meganobs
battle wagon
Deff Rolla red paint job

6x Nob bikers
Pain boy
4x Big choppa
Poweklaw

18 shoota boys
Nob with boss pole

Fast Attack

5x Deffkoptas
2 with buzz saw

Heavy support

6x Flash Gits
Shootier More dakka.

So what I am thinking is that this list should work well for the missions. Which will be Kill points, objectives, and then some sort of table quarters with objectives. My shootas and flash gits can objective sit, my lootas will be anti air and objective sitters. My bikers and koptas are for tieing up units, easy vehicle kills, and flex force. And my Meganobs with warbosses will be hunting down and killing units. Once my Meganobs get out of the wagons they will go on a ramming spree.

My concerns are as follows:

Flyers: With only the lootas to take care of flyers I feel like I am really lacking badly here. I know the necron players have the flyer unit, so there is that to worry about.

Hero death stars: Necrons again, I am worried about the warsythes and other wargear that I dont know about. 2+ armor is going to make me money against MEQs or less because most of them havent converted to powerfists yet. But against necrons I just expect some sort of awesome wargear of unit combo to push my shit in.

I am kind of set on the list, so any tips or warnings would be super helpful. Thank you all.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 06:28 PM

mynameisgrax's Flag is: USA

You'll need more lootas in order to deal with flyers, either that or a dakkajet or two. In either case, I'd take out the flash gitz for the points you'll need. Flash gitz still aren't that good.

The nob bikers need cybork and at least one more powerklaw. Drop the big choppas.

The nob with the shoota boyz needs a powerklaw and 'eavy armor. The unit would also be better at a full 30 in size.

I'd take out a buzzsaw out of the deffkoptas. One is plenty. You also might want to consider splitting them into smaller groups, but that's up to you.

Good luck!

The first casualty of war is neither innocence nor truth.

The first casualty of war is always subtlety.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 08:22 PM

Lash Machine's Flag is: England

Invest in a dakka jet and swap the flash gitz for lootas.

Slow and purposful is now transferable. Read the new universal specail rule. This means that if a warboss with Mega armour joins a unit of lootas they can move and shoot. Which also means that they can go inside a battle wagon and move and fire or move 12 inches and snap fire.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 04:47 PM

Vashtek's Flag is: Great Britain

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-12, 04:59 AM

cpt.Octavian's Flag is: USA

i agree with most of the people here drop the flash gitz grab a couple more lootas and maybe deff dread. i dont know about dakka jets they are ok but there is better. personally i dont like shoota boys i would have choppa boys but more of them fast elites like grey knight puriefiers will still tear thourgh megananoobs with no invul. beware basallisks and vindicators becuase they will nuke everything your deff koptas might take care of them but with no rockets meh i would drop gazculgh or the warboss and take a mek or wierd boy. mek with kustom force field weird boy for general destruction

"This is grey hawk calling derp control."
"Come in derp control." "fun times sighted ahead."

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 06:59 PM

BozlyLittle's Flag is: Germany

It may be because I'm a round numbers kind of guy but your army seems really wonky as far as numbers go. Also this may be because I don't like slow things or special characters but don't take the mega nobz and gragskull. They just have never done shit for me. And battle wagons. May as well paint a bullseye on it. Every las cannon or anti tank weapon will be thrown at that turn one and the problem is if they have to walk, they are just meat shields. I'm not saying don't take a battle wagon, I'm saying don't take one to transport meganobs.

I say two warbosses in heavy armor swap the meganobs for some regular nobs You might have enough points to keep the flash gits and take more lootas.

A great man once said... well i can't seem to remember what he said. I should remember it though I said it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 10:10 PM

Considering that a Battlewagon can now move 18 inches, 19 with red paint and won't get shredded by every str 6 or 7 gun out there, I would always favour the wagon over an AV10 trukk to move the prized assets.

Mega Armour is now fantastic due to power and force weapons being AP3. Ghaz's waa is now not as great but it is still nasty and he is the only Ork immune to instant death to pulverize the big nasties such as Dred Knights.

Flash Gitz are better now but still way too expensive when compared to Lootas or Tankbustas for what they do.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 06:59 AM

BozlyLittle's Flag is: Germany

I personally just feel that meganobz though are good in their own, are not worth what you could have. When you create a death unit like that, its a bullet magnet move 18 inches and have a 2+ save or not 50 wounds is 50 wounds. A unit of conscripts will rip them to pieces with 120 shots. I just think its more worth while in smaller point games to have as many models on the table (especially orks) that you can't deal with all of them. I've seen an ig player take no tanks in a 500 point game and have over 100 models on the field. I lost because I couldn't kill them all.

A great man once said... well i can't seem to remember what he said. I should remember it though I said it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-12, 01:00 PM

A unit of 50 conscripts is 200 points. With first rank second rank fire that is 150 shots at half range. BS 2 gives them 50 hits and with wounding on a 5+ is going to net around 17 wounds resulting on average 3 failed armour saves on the mega nobz unit, probably with a warboss in to boot.

It depends on how the army is built and how many threats you present the enemy with to deal with, but it is certainly harder to prise open a Battle wagon than a trukk.

In smaller games of 500 points then quantity to an extent is worth taking but once you start playing proper sized games you need balance and capability to deal with a variety of threats and problems and giving some units the maximum chance of getting there to do it is vital.

6th ed has now dealt a blow to a 30 boy unit with nob power claw dealing with monstrous creatures such as dredd knights as the monstrous creature can simply challenge the nob to remove it from the equation. The hidden fist days are gone so something like mega nobz with Ghaz gives a counter to this problem. Also the days of force weapons and power weapons shredding mega nobz has also gone, they just tickle now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode