1500 pt turny list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Default 1500 pt turny list

So I really like the mek fluff and all of the orks stuff that is stompy, so what do you think of this

HQ

2x Big Mek with KFF

Elites

6x Nob Bikers
pain boy, power klaw, 4x big choppa

they are loaded out for wound allocation bull shit.

Troops

10 shoota Boys
Nob w/powerklaw boss pole
Truck w/ reinforced ram

2x Deff Dreds same load out
3x dread CC weapons and skorcha

Fast Attack
3x Deffcoptas
3x buzzsaws and one with bigbombs
one with rokkit launcha.

Heavy Support
3x Killa kans
all with grotzooka

3x Killa Kans
all with rokkit launcha

3x Killa Kans
all with big shoota.

So the way I see it, that is 12 vehicles, 9 bikes, 2 meks and a partrage in a pear tree.

If I wanted to go for the real easy win, I would spam boys and put a unit of burnas with a mek in a battle wagon with a boomgun (You know for when you like your necron death star units extra crispy)

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Last edited by Obinhi; 05-30-12 at 02:15 AM. Reason: I'm a dummy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-12, 01:40 AM

Are you attempting to put together a competitive list?

Assuming the 2 Kans you have listed in the Troops section, are actually Deff Dreads..... your list is legal, at least.

All I'd have to do is kill your 10 man unit of boyz and you will not be able to win an objective game. (2 of the 3 game types)

Also might want to run those koptaz as solos. Lose one, and your taking a Ld7 check.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-12, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhogg View Post
Are you attempting to put together a competitive list?

Assuming the 2 Kans you have listed in the Troops section, are actually Deff Dreads..... your list is legal, at least.

All I'd have to do is kill your 10 man unit of boyz and you will not be able to win an objective game. (2 of the 3 game types)

Also might want to run those koptaz as solos. Lose one, and your taking a Ld7 check.
Ya, man sorry about that. It is deff dreds not kans in the troops. And I do run my koptas as solo units.

I did a practice game against my friend and lost the nob bikers, and the troops. I just dont know what else to take rather then the troops, because to be honest, there useless. I dont have the room for the blob, and cant figure what to replace them. I was thinking a battle wagon some how, maybe some cheap-o nobs some how.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-12, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Ok so looks like planet strike is the order of the day, so I have had to come up with two lists. See Below.

Attacker List or I see seas of Green... - 1252 Total

HQ
Big Mek with Kustom Force Field
Big Mek with Kustom Force Field

Troops

30x Boys
Nob w/ powerklaw boss pole

30x Boys

30x Boys

11x Boys
Nob w/ Powerklaw boss pole
Truck with ram

11x Boys
Nob w/ Powerklaw boss pole
Truck with ram

Fast Attack

Deff Kopta w/ twin bigshoota buzz saw

Deff Kopta w/ twin bigshoota

Deff Kopta w/ twin bigshoota

Defender list or the best defense is a killer Offense - 1498 Total

HQ
Big Mek with Kustom Force Field - 85pts
Big Mek with Kustom Force Field 85pts

Elites

Nob Bikers x 6
B1 - Pain boy
B2 - Power klaw boss pole
B3 - Big Choppa
B4 - Big Choppa shoota/skorcha
B5 - Big Choppa twin-shoota
B6 - Big Choppa ammo runt

Nobs x 3
N1 - Big Choppa Twin Linked shoota
N2 - Big Choppa Shoota Skorcha
N3 - Big Choppa Boss Pole
Battle Wagon
Deff Rolla
4x Big Shootas
Kannon
Red Paint Job

Troops

Deff Dred
Dred CCW Skorcha

Deff Dred
Dred CCW Skorcha

Fast Attack

Deff Kopta w/ twin Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support

3x Killa Kans w/ Rokkit Launchas

3x Killa Kans w/ Grotzookas

3x Killa Kans W/ Big Shootas

SO! What do we think?

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-12, 02:56 PM

brianlynchmob's Flag is: Canada

For your second list you don't need that many guns on your battle wagon. If you're using it right you'll usually just get the 1 shot off, or none. So you really just need 1 or 2 weapons for the weapon destroyed results.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-12, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Ya I thought about that, but I dont really have any better place to put the points, and for the first turn or two the wagon is just there to protect the mek from fire. After the wall gets close enough I dump the mek and ram the nearest tank with it! lol

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-12, 05:22 PM

With the second list, (and the OP) there is no unit for the Big Mek's to join. They'll quickly get picked off by the opponent. You'd want at least one large unit of boyz on foot to offer those Meks some protection. Also, there are no objective holders. Not sure what Planetstrike games involve.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-12, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Ya that list with the lone big mek hanging out is the defender list for the tourny and that big mek is what we call 'bait'. lol. I honestly only have them to take the Deff Dreads, this army is theamed more then anything because I like walkers and I wanted to take as meny as I could with in the rules. Everything eles is all about being silly. The attack list with the hundred and some odd boys is the actual 'I want to win' list.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode