2000 point Ork List. Comments please! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
OrkNob164's Flag is: England

Default 2000 point Ork List. Comments please!

I made this list for the mostly uncompetitive games I have. I mostly face grey knights, tyranids or eldar. Sometimes Dark Angles. I mostly play kill points. I'm not looking for it to be tournament winning, just a playable list that stands a chance of winning

HQ
Warboss + PK + ‘eavy armour + cybork body + TL shoota 105 pts
Big Mek + KFF +’eavy armour + cybork body 100pts

Elites
5 Nobz + ‘Eavy Armour + 3 big Choppas + Waaagh Banner + 2 PKs + Trukk w/ armour plates 235pts (warboss goes here)
10 Lootas including 1 Mek with Big Shoota 150pts
10 Burnas incuding 2 Meks with KMBs + Trukk w/armour plates 195pts (big mek goes here)

Troops
12 boys including Nob w/PK + Bosspole + 1 big shoota + Trukk w/armour plates 162pts
12 boys including Nob w/PK + Bosspole + 1 big shoota + Trukk w/armour plates 162pts

Fast Attack
3 Deffkoptas w/TL Rokkit Launchers 135pts
2 Deffkoptas w/TL Rokkit Launchers 90pts

Heavy Support
3 Killa Kans w/ 2 big shootas and 1 skorcha 120pts
3 Killa Kans w/ 2 big shootas and 1 skorcha 120pts
Looted Wagon + boomgun 105pts

2003pts

So i've got lots of trukks with the KFF mek in the middle to make them obscured targets and cover the advance of my army, whilst the lootas sit at the back providing covering fire, the deffkoptas whiz around and deal with tanks and the Looted Wagon deals with heavy infantry. The nobs with the warboss with provide the army with some brute force and the killa kans will advance and target things that can't do too much damage in return. If need be the PKs in the boys squads can tank hunt.

So what do you think? I'm trying to keep this army fun to play whilst still being quite competitive. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 04:40 PM

scottblaze91's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking at that list mate looks like a solid list very mobile aswell. Sadly i don't play orks but my friend does and he usually takes 30 ork boys unit including a mek w/kff and a painboy. Seriously a 5+cover and fnp you can't go wrong there takes a lot to kill. Hope this helps.
blaze
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 05:34 PM

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

I'd say drop the big shoota on the trukks, they really don't need it since they're going to be moving around a lot. Also, I'd drop the kans too, since they aren't scoring and they're slower than your trukks, which in turn makes your army strike in waves. Either turn one group into a dakka Dred which will be scoring and sit him on rear objectives, or lay down fire downrange with Big shootas. Drop the mek on the lootas, you may as well keep the regular loota for his S7 shots. Looted wagons are always fun in a non-competitive game. I would really recommend getting a couple battlewagons in this list. Make them cheap, with a deffrolla and just tank shock the crap out of everything. and even stick the burnas in one with the big mek and turn it into a behemoth of destruction. I promise your opponents will be terrified of it anytime they play it.

USMC, Oorah!

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
OrkNob164's Flag is: England

Thanks for the comments guys. Scottblaze91, you can't put a painboy in a boyz mob if that's what you mean? On the trukks Tanrel, big shootas come as standard and the big shootas were in the squad. Your advice sounds pretty solid though, thanks. And where should I get the points for taking the battlewagons? From the kans? Would the burnas all fire their templates from the vehicles hull? Sounds like a plan to me! Cheers
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 09:25 PM

scottblaze91's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrkNob164 View Post
you can't put a painboy in a boyz mob if that's what you mean?
damn didn't notice thanks for telling me. I gonna kill my friend next time i see him
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 10:00 PM

Oh, snap, thought you got the extra one, if it's in your squad, I would just drop it, you'll be running so much with them if their trukk gets blown out from under them, thats it's kind of a waste to take. And yes, burning doom comes from the hull, so you can fire all the burnas from the same spot. I tried this one time and dealt somewhere around 60 flamer hits in one round of shooting. Wiped the squad, but of course something like that draws quite a bit of attention. As for the battlewagon, I'd say take it in place of the Kans. the kans won't keep up to be really effective.

USMC, Oorah!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 10:38 PM

cranvill's Flag is: England

Looks a lot like a speed freak list an as Tranwel says id drop the Kans as they wont be of much use till later in game if at all.

Dont have coidex handy but can deff copters go a sqwad of two ? i thort it was three to five but carnt check at the moment.

Originally Posted by Jdwoogie
It just dawned on me that we turned a thread on a warhammer 40k site into a thread about vesectomies.... AWESOME!!! To bring it bit back on topic... Did the doctor use a frost blade to perform the precedure? i really hope he didn't use a thundar hammer.

Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT
Don't wanna read about some big breasted maid milking her dairy cows then milking the horse.

Who the feth milks a horse?

Yer i know my spelling and grammer suck but just so you know its not me being lazy just thick
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottblaze91 View Post
Looking at that list mate looks like a solid list very mobile aswell. Sadly i don't play orks but my friend does and he usually takes 30 ork boys unit including a mek w/kff and a painboy. Seriously a 5+cover and fnp you can't go wrong there takes a lot to kill. Hope this helps.
blaze
you cant take a painboy in a boyz squad, only in nobz squad. the only way to give boyz a fnp save is by attaching mad dok grotsnik to them but then they rage and must move to the closest unit, or chuck them in a transport. You honestly cannot beat Nob bikers with PK's and a Painboy, they are one of the best units in the game.

I would drop the kans as they are the slowest unit in your list and chuck in Nob bikers.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 10:56 PM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

KillaKanz are golden for their costs....and a mob of 6 running at the enemy is even better. The Trukks will distract the enemy long enough for the Kanz to get stuck in. Pretty solid list....I don't like Loota's but they are useful.

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 11:38 PM

AV11 and squadron rules makes them pretty fragile actually, most of them will not make it across the board before getting destroyed, especially since trukks have only AV10 regular space marines can destroy them.

USMC, Oorah!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode