1500 For the HORDE! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Neef's Flag is: USA

Default 1500 For the HORDE!

A basic Green Horde army. Nothing too fancy or flashy, but plenty killy. Mainly for friendly play

HQ - 310

01x Ghazghkull Thraka

01x Big Mek
* -> Kustom Force Field

Troops - 660

30x 'Ard Boyz
* -> Nob + PowerKlaw + Boss Pole

20x Ork Boyz

20x Ork Boyz

Elites - 300
06x Nobz
* -> 'Eavy Armor x5 + Painboy

Other - 230
I leave this open to be tailored to what I'm facing. Numbers do not necessarily reflect the mobs, just the total models.
This is where I probably need the most help.

-15x Tankbustas -or- Lootas vs. lots of Armor.
-15x Burna Boyz -or- some kind of Heavy Support vs. Hordes
-18x Stormboyz + Nob -or- 09x Warbikers vs. shooty forces
-??x Gretchin / Boyz vs. Just for Kicks

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Allons-Y!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 04:58 AM

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

Ghazghkull Thraka is an alright choice, however, he will slow the squad he joins down since he's slogging and he's Slow and purposeful. And he's a lot of points that could be used for more boyz.

Drop the armor on the ard boyz. It's a waste of points that may as well just be used on more boyz. Also, you need more boyz if you're running straight up horde. Base of 70 boyz in 1500 points? Swap Ghazghkull Thraka for another KFF, drop armor on that boyz squad, and take more boyz with those points. Then I would recommend getting lootas so you have some semblance of support for your army, since your boyz will just get mowed down by Eldar and Dark Eldar if you don't kill their tanks. Also, drop the Nobz, they're pretty much a waste of points with the way you've kitted them out, and you may as well get more boyz or lootas for their points.

USMC, Oorah!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Neef's Flag is: USA

A bit more along these lines?

HQ - 170
02x Big Mek + KFF

Elite - 450
10x Lootas
10x Lootas
10x TankBustas

Troop - 880
30x Gretchin + 3 Herders
30x Ork Boyz + Nob
30x Ork Boyz + Nob
30x Ork Boyz + Nob
30x Ork Boyz + Nob

Allons-Y!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 04:33 PM

ArchangelPaladin's Flag is: USA

If you drop a grot you only need 2 runts instead of 3, that will save a few points.

Tankbustas can be problematic, glory hogs makes them pretty useless, double so as they’re on foot.

The nobs in the boy squad need PK, at 30 large your boys will be fearless for a long time so boss poles aren’t so important but still something to consider.

To get some of the points for the above mentioned pk, you can scale back your lootas to 8 each and still be pretty effective, 10 strong loota squads can sometimes be over kill.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-12, 11:45 PM

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

I recommend just dropping tank bustas altogether and putting Klaws on your Nobz. I've never used the Tank Bustas and have gotten along fine, and I've heard nothing but bad stuff about them. Also, this is just my opinion, you don't have to do this: I like running my mobs in groups of 25. They're still scary and you get an extra squad for your opponent to fire at and an extra nob to attack with.

USMC, Oorah!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-12, 08:36 AM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

tank bustas aren't going to be much use. I also don't really like lootas but if they work for you that is good. I like to run Mad DOc grotsnik with 25 to 30 Ard boyz as my killer unit on foot. I also use Kannons to cover the boyz on their march up I place the cannons forward so that they are in range of almost everything they can shot at tanks or troops.
I also like to have a special weapon in each squad usually a big shoota to take pot shoots at troops as the lads run up. For me grots are usless so I would get rid of them for a smaller unit of boyz but that is totally my opinioin again if they work for you use them.
You may also want to try 2 Big Meks with SAGS mixed with kannons or lobbas this will keep the enemy pinned down and not shooting at the lads. The funny part is I have had lots of success with this set up against marines and tau but with my crappy dice rolling I usually kill next to nothing with the SAGS or the kannons.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode