2K point Ork Kan wall - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-12, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

2K point Ork Kan wall

Just for shits and giggles. I really like the Mek fluff, so my BA buddy agreed to fight the following list.

Big mek with KFF

Big Mek with SAG

8 lootas

2 deff dreads w/ CCwep Skorcha and grot riggers

3x Killa Kans with Grot zookas

3x Killa Kans with a rokkit launcha and 2 KMBs (two units like this)

6 biker nobs, pain boy, 4 huge choppas and 1 power klaw and bosspole

12 ard boys on truck
nob with power klaw and boss pole

20 strom boys
nob with power klaw and boss pole

30 boys with sluggas and choppas
3 big shootas
nob with boss pole and power klaw

10 shoota boys
nob with boss pole.

I know I'm going to be up against 2 land raiders, maybe the storm raven, jump troops and death company. one dread will drop pod in and its most likely going to be the librarian with blood lance. We'll see how this works out for me lol.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-12, 11:02 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Two meks and a bunch of walkers going to battle. Yes more please. *Happy Dance*

Okay even though this is for giggles at 2K that is not a whole lot of green skins compared to the amount of BA you will be facing.

First the one trukk is pointless and if you are going to do hard boyz do 20 or more.

I would go for a second Big Mek with a SAG just for pure fun and chaos that it would add.
20 stormboyz is a lot of points into a squad that is not going to do much against BA.

I would add some meks to the lootas with KMB's and try to get some KMB's on the kans instead of the grotzukkas.

Let us know how the fight went.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-12, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Obinhi's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
Two meks and a bunch of walkers going to battle. Yes more please. *Happy Dance*

Okay even though this is for giggles at 2K that is not a whole lot of green skins compared to the amount of BA you will be facing.

First the one trukk is pointless and if you are going to do hard boyz do 20 or more.

I would go for a second Big Mek with a SAG just for pure fun and chaos that it would add.
20 stormboyz is a lot of points into a squad that is not going to do much against BA.

I would add some meks to the lootas with KMB's and try to get some KMB's on the kans instead of the grotzukkas.

Let us know how the fight went.
Well victory for the green tide!

It was annialation, pitched battle.

He got 3 kill points, I got 12. The only thing left on his side was a land raider, and I only lost the storm boys, a deff dred and the shootas.

His death company killed the storm boys and shootas.

So he got first turn and dropped a furioso in my storm boys. He poped two killa kans with various fire from some tanks. It went down hill from there. Nothing he did was too bad, but he rolled aweful.

Sorry about the post, but Sailor Jerry has been by wing man for this battle.

I am not at all sure how he could have won really.

As for my lootas, they did next to nothing. I put the ard boys in the truck just to give them an assult range of about 20 inches (12 for the truck move, 2 in disembark, and then 6 assult.) The storm boys charged the lone land speeder, and in my drunken state, I failed to see the fucking land raider full of death company not more then 6 inches away...The storm boys will be missed. lol.

The IG are proof that good things come to us who wait. I've been Guard since 3rd ed. I been in the store and remember getting 5 boxes of men (when they came in 20 man boxes) 3 Commissars and praying that I might survive til turn 4. I've stuck it out, and you know what I have to say? WHO'S DYING NOW HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Ork Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode