Renegades 2 - The Flames of Belief. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-19-11, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Renegades 2 - The Flames of Belief.

Recap.

The Emperor has emerged from his self imposed exile a different being. He has gathered Rogal Dorn, Konrad Curze, Angron, Lorgar, Lion El'Johnnson, and Ferrus Mannus to him and revealed that all he has preached was wrong that there are gods.

Now the Emperor seeks to bring a new age of enlightenment, confident in his power to rule the gods of Chaos and bring them to his way of thinking.

With horror at what his father is doing, Magnus the Red seeks out Horus to warn him of what is happening. Horus sends Abaddon and Loken with Ahriman to the world of Venus IX to investigate Magnus's claims.

What they find does not bode well.

Sanguineous and Alpharius are disturbed to discover that the Emperors Children had a hand in the severe beating of three of the Alpha Legions Human Agents.

Vulkan has warred alongside Angron and given a hammer by his father but his mind is torn apart by the warped powers inside the hammer and in a shocking turn of events Salamander turns on Salamander, World Eater on World Eater.

The Emperor needs his sons and grandsons to be loyal to him and him alone.........

The Flames of Belief coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 04:07 AM

Adrian's Flag is: USA

Default yes!

I am looking forward to the unveiling.

A good reputation take a long time to build, but only a moment to destroy. Wow, that's deep! Check out the H.O.E.S. short story competition.
Other stories from Adrian.
Look up Adrian in the "Compendium" to find them. Thanks
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Renegades II

The Flames of Belief.

One.

The Emperors inner palace rang with the sound of metal crashing on metal. Out side the vast doors that prevented entrance to the forge stood two mighty giants of the Morlocks, the bodyguards of the Primarch himself.

They came to a swift attention as the footsteps of the first captain approached, their halberds coming to arms.

“How long has our father been in the forge?” The First Captain looked passively at the doors but his question was directed to Brother-Sergeant Lennox who stood to the left side of the great forge.

“Three days my lord” The great terminator replied respectfully.

Gabriel Santor nodded to himself and opened the doors; the heat of the forge hit him straight away. Temperatures that would cause a human to dehydrate in moments merely caused sheen of sweat to sit on the Captains brow.

He heard the ringing of the hammer on the forge and knew that his father was creating another perfect weapon or armour to aid the Emperor in his endeavours. Gabriel however had his concerns about just what was being placed into his fathers’ masterpieces.

He moved to the forge area and fluently went to one knee and waited. He would wait for as long as it would take for his father to attend him. One did not disturb The Gorgon unless there was a reason and that would be a summons from the Emperor.

After two hours the Primarch of the Iron Hands emerged, his silver hands flowing from their liquid mercury make up almost with a life of their own, almost as if something else lived in the hands of his father other then the life blood that was his.

“Speak my favoured son,” The deep voice of Ferrus Manus echoed around the Imperial Forge.

“The lord of the Word Bearers wishes to speak with you my lord” Gabriel explained “I would not allow his First Captain to come himself and disturb you”

Ferrus chuckled although it sounded more like the rumbling of one of the many volcanoes depths that covered the unstable world of their home, but then again the fire of Medusa was not only in them but also in the Primarch that crashed into their world as a baby.

Deep and sounding like it was ready to erupt at any time.

“Walk with me Gabriel,” Ferrus ordered “Let me see what my orator brother has to say to me before we resume our part of the Great Crusade”

Santor did not miss the irony that dripped on the last words his father spoke. Word had reached them of Vulkan joining the Emperors new crusade but when he had also heard that World Eater and Salamander had turned on those of their brothers that would not have followed the new law, he had made sure that all the Iron Hands were loyal to the Emperor and their father.

He had no wish to kill a brother Iron Hand and was relieved that all the Iron Hands took the new oath but then, he was also aware that the Iron Hands were loyal to Ferrus first and the Emperor next.

Not that anyone had told the Emperor that, what he had done to the Custode that had not agreed with the great change in direction and who had apparently tried to send word to the First Primarch had got around the Emperors circle.

Ferrus had suspected it was so his sons who were part of this new crusade would know what would happen to those who dared betray him or refuse him. Santor had not brought up what had happened with the Salamanders and the World Eaters. It probably was not the time or the place.

And a First Captain did not dare voice his disquiet over fratricide. If it had to be done it had to be done, all that he had to say was thank the ancient Medusans that it was not going to happen to his Legion.

He walked alongside his father and two of the Terminator Morlock bodyguards fell dutifully into place.

Loken and Abaddon moved swiftly through the Vengeful Spirit, Ahriman at their side. They ignored even their own brother Astartes as they made their way to the Warmasters stratagem.

All three Astartes had heavy hearts and it reflected in their footfalls. Against all that the two Lunar Wolves wanted to believe and what even the Thousand Son First Captain believed.

All three of the transhumans wanted to believe that against all the wisdom of the Crimson King, that for all his skills with the powers of the warp or the Great Ocean as the Thousand Sons preferred to call it, that he was wrong.

That he had been wrong and shown an alternative future that he had mistaken for their time.

The fact that he was not had not made them feel any better. They had expected Ahriman to crow a little about how correct the powers of the Crimson King had been, for they could be a proud bunch these Thousand Sons and in the eyes of their cousins they were aloof.

But not this time, not now when it was plain that a world had been lain to ruin at the hands of not just a fellow Legion but at the hands of The Praetorian himself, one of Horus’s closest brothers.

No, the Warmaster was not going to like this one little bit.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Lorgar waited until he was left alone with Ferrus and the two brothers walked to the ramparts of the Imperial Palace. Both took some time to take in the views that this afforded them.

Spanning half the world it seemed impossible to most humans to even walk the walls in one lifetime but to an Astartes who were used to crossing such vast distances in the time it took the Imperial Army to even move half a day it was nothing.

Below the newly formed Black Templars were constructing the mighty cathedral alongside the Word Bearers in dedication to the Emperor and Chaos Undivided. The Cathedral had been designed by Lorgar and fortified by Rogal Dorn.

It was indeed going to be a splendid place to worship the Emperor. Lorgar himself felt vindicated at his fathers’ words and that the sins of the Ultramarines against his Legion forgotten, well forgotten as much as Lorgar forgot any slight against his belief.

For now he was concentrating on becoming the spokesman of the gods and the channel between them and their father. He was concentrating on spreading the new religion throughout the crusade fleet and the Lectio Divinatius was even now as he stood looking at the world before him, finding its way into the fleets.

“The cleansing of the Salamanders and the World Eaters are complete” Lorgar told Ferrus “Did you need to take such measures?”

“I had no need to” Ferrus proudly stated, “The sons of Medusa are not afraid of change and would follow me wherever I lead them”

“There are those Ferrus who would say that your Legion will not follow the Emperor but more the ways of Mars” Lorgar carefully spoke.

It had long been suspected that the Iron Hands had more of an affinity towards Mars and their outlook that made them more like Astartes of Mars rather then the Emperors Astartes.

Lorgar however saw this not as something to be suspicious about, but something to be embraced. He leant forward and surveyed the lands before him. It was hard to believe that once upon a time a mighty ocean and a vast mountain range that was called the roof of the world had surrounded the very land that this mighty palace was built on.

“We hold a similar belief to the Mechanicum that is all Aurelian” Ferrus smiled a little and Lorgar nodded in thanks as his brother concluded, “As long as I breathe brother we will follow the Emperor.”

“Then my brother I have need of you”

“Speak and it shall be done, but be warned I am not a diplomat, although I am astounded that Angron managed to bring Vulkan into the fold”

Lorgar chuckled a little “Yes that was a surprise but then Vulkan is a warrior of fire and Angron respects that, as far as Angron respects anything, but it is good that the Salamander joins us,” He stood straighter “no brother I ask that you travel to Mars and convince the Fabricator General that the new direction of the Omnissiah is the one for them all to take”

“That might take some time brother” Ferrus warned “We both know what he is like and that he will expect something in return.”

Lorgar rested a hand on his brothers shoulder and leaned in close “The affinity the Iron Hands have with the Mechanicum is what will sway them to the new crusade but if they do not then ……”

His voice trailed off and Ferrus knew what that meant. He would have to take whatever means were nessercary to ensure that the Mechanicum followed in the new direction of the Crusade.

“Also my brother of the Forge” Lorgars voice seemed to change in cadence, like honey over silk “if they will not bow down to the master of Medusa and the Master of Mankind then the Iron Hands will have a new world to claim as their own for only the Iron Hands can do what the Mechanicum does”

Ferrus gave a half smile and bowed his head “It will be done brother”

He spoke into his vox bead and waited. Gabriel appeared a few moments later carrying a large case and held it as Ferrus opened it and reached into it, withdrawing a mighty Crozius Arcanum.

It writhed with energy, the same energy that had converted Vulkan to the new order now seemed to purr in the master forgers hands. The head was the symbol of Chaos Undivided, it was inevitable that at some point other legions would choose their own deities and it was already obvious that the World Eaters were heading in the direction of Khorne.

“For you brother, so that none can dispute the authority you wield as the voice of the Emperor.”

Lorgar was genuinely touched and hugged his brother. Lorgar had only ever believed the one brother he could count on in terms of confidence and closeness was Magnus and it had hurt him that the Crimson King had ignored their fathers’ summons.

He had not expected this but as he held the gold handled Crozius he could feel the power of the warp course through the grip and into him. He who was named as the Voice of the Emperor was also the channel of the gods.

He ran his hand over the metal and wanted to weep at the carvings in ancient Colchis that Ferrus had spent days intricately carving into the metal the name of the Crozius that he had called Faith Bringer.

“Faith Bringer” Lorgar repeated and tightened his grip on the handle “and she will be”
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 08:46 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Good to see this back. I expect more good writing from you.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-20-11, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

thank you stephen
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 11:55 PM

Adrian's Flag is: USA

Default Hi

Always at work you toil away. Great mind roams through the fire of imagination wielding thoughts like an angry sword. Always something new to boast, always something more to create. Keep up the good work.

A good reputation take a long time to build, but only a moment to destroy. Wow, that's deep! Check out the H.O.E.S. short story competition.
Other stories from Adrian.
Look up Adrian in the "Compendium" to find them. Thanks
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-22-11, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

thankyou adrian
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-22-11, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Chapter 2.

Horus roared his denial at first. This was inconceivable to him he would have expected word of this from Angron or Russ but not Dorn. Not the Praetorian himself who had guided Horus’s hand at times and who had stood by his side when he was named Warmaster.

His eyes glinted with the flint of anger and the three kneeling Astartes flinched visibly at the Warmasters anger. Only Magnus did not but he wisely kept his own council.

Horus paced up and down then stopped before the three Astartes Lords. “Rise, rise my sons and my nephew, my anger is not at you”

Slowly Abaddon, Loken, and Ahriman rose and stared at a fixed point beyond the Warmasters shoulder.

“Which of you will tell me what occurred and how it happened.”

Abaddon nudged Loken and the Captain of the Tenth stepped forward. He bowed his head to both Horus and Magnus and began his report using the map that Horus had brought up on the holo-projector.

Every now and then the Warmaster and the Crimson King would interrupt to get more details but mostly they let Loken finish his report and as a final nail in the coffin of the fists he set down the scouts Legion symbol.

There was no denying it, Rogal Dorn had committed genocide, and as Horus turned the Imperial Fist symbol over in his hand he wondered what else was going on. He turned to Magnus, the unasked question in his eyes.

“I am sorry Lupercal” Magnus quietly spoke “But there is only one man who can order the Praetorian like that and as close as you and Rogal are….” He let his voice trail.

Horus clenched his fists and closed his eyes “He’s gone mad, locking himself away from me. From us” he corrected quickly “he has gone mad”

Abaddon cast a wary glance at his brother and cousin, the winds of change were in the air, and it did not smell good.

The Khan strode across the field and clasped hands with the Great Wolf King. He laughed a little and to those around them it was indeed a sight to see.

Jughati Khan and Leman Russ striding across the field of battle together and laying waste to the xenos scum that had inhabited this world. It would be sung in the skalds songs forever, the Wolf King and the Great Khan side by side smiting the Dark Eldar scum.

“My thanks brother” Jughati stroked his beard and looked around him “When I realised you were in the area I could not let the opportunity of warring with my brother pass me by”

Leman clasped a giant hand on his brothers’ shoulder “It has been too long Jughati. Your sons are still lightning fast?”

“As ever brother”

“Good then we have one more goal to achieve, the blasted Eldar dark kin are holed up here” He scratched a crude map in the ground and Jughati knelt beside him. “I will bring The Rout through the mountains to cut off their escape here, here and here.”

“What about the gun emplacements that they have taken over, from what I recall Perturabo built those encampments and reducts”

“Who do you think told me the best way to take them down?” Russ smiled and his fangs glistened “When I told him that he had lost warriors here to the blasted Eldar I swore to him that the Khan and the Wolf King will destroy them “

Khan nodded once. To know that the garrison force of the 54th Grand Company Iron Warriors were dead had disturbed the Great Khan. As moody and sullen as the Iron Warriors were they were great siege masters and fortress builders.

He shared his thoughts with Russ “I will send Captain Sonsu and the 18th who we call the Sand Riders through this pass here and that should open the way into the underground passageways.”

He rested one arm over his knee “Leman, has it occurred to you that that Iron Warriors might have been betrayed?”

Russ looked around him as if to make certain that no other could hear him or his brothers’ conversation.

“Aye that thought had crossed my mind, as dour and humourless as the Olympians are they are not fools and would not have been taken so easily.”

“But how, it would have to be someone who was here and who saw how The Comrade built this, he built this himself” Khan gestured at the Bastion below them.

Russ was silent for a moment almost as if recalling the battle. The battle of Elysian had begun when giant mutants had come from the mountains slaughtering all in their wake,

They were xenos and they were mutants and therefore by the edicts of the Emperor they were to be killed. The Iron Warriors alongside the Dark Angels had valiantly fought to bring the populace of this world into compliance.

“The Dark Angels, it was one of the few times Perturabo and the Lion had fought together” Russ raised his head and arched a thick set eyebrow “You don’t think…oh come on I know the Lion is a bit of a egotist but selling his own brother out to the Eldar? What would that achieve?”

“Brother I have fought the Eldar on plenty of occasions including the Dark Kin they are opportunists, pirates but even they would not attack an entire garrison unless they had the odds stacked in their favour” Khan scratched his ear “The Lion has been acting strange of late”

”He is always acting strange” Russ snorted “but we will see, let us get our sons together and attack these xenos bastards, anything else can be dealt with later”

“See you there brother” The Khan smiled and called his warriors together leaving the Wolf King to do the same.

Elysian would not know what had hit it.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Constantine Valdor walked the former Himalayasian Peaks. He did this whenever he needed time to think. The commander of the Custodes, the Dread Guardians of the Emperor themselves and his most staunch protectors,

However, with the death of Hussar he had been hearing the disquiet amongst the other Custodes. As the Chief Custode he had served the Emperor far longer then any other of the Leigio Custodes.

With over 932 names to his honour he considered the Emperor his friend as well as his master. It was rare for him to be away from the Emperors side but just for moment he needed the air of the mountains to clear his confused mind.

Valdor was not a man to follow any man blindly but the actions over the last few months of not just the Emperor but also his chosen sons was cause for concern to him. Lorgar now spent more time in the company of the Emperor then even himself or the Sigilitte.

He had respected Lorgar as a learned man and a skilful Orator but damn Colchisan theological obsessions. The Emperor was never a god, a very long-lived and skilled man, but never a god.

He sat on the ground ignoring the awe struck looks of the people as they made their way under him and hurried off. It was humbling to see a Primarch but to see a lone Custode was a rare sight indeed and one that not many were keen on seeing.

Now Lorgar was his voice, proclaiming his religious doctrine with all the zeal of ancient Popes and the like. Rogal Dorn…now of all the Primarchs with perhaps the exceptions of Horus and Sanguineous, he respected Dorn.

He genuinely liked Dorn and he had thought that if any of them he would see that that this was turning everything upside down on its head. Like himself and his Leigio the Primarchs were independent of thought.

They had their own ways of doing things and thus their sons were modelled in the same way, however unlike the Custodes, the Astartes had a brotherhood and he would have thought that Dorn would have fallen on that brotherhood and not followed the others into this – road to ruin.

To kill an entire world for the sake of a relic that was not something of goodness but of degradation amongst other things. If The Praetorian had even thought twice about his fathers’ actions, with the creation of the Black Templars under the zealot Sigismund any doubt was long gone.

He removed his helm and ran his hand over his mohicaned hair, his blue eyes surveying the world around him.

Fulgrim, The Phoenician was always a bit – effeminate in his tastes but that made him no less a fighter, forever seeking his fathers approval and striving to reach the height of perfection in war and knowledge that he could never truly attain.

As perfect as the sons were crafted they would not and never could be on the same level as their father. Anyone who told the lord of Chemos that though was subjected to the petulant ranting of a spoilt child who had his favourite toy taken away.

He was a Primarch but he had his goals and his aspirations and it was always a source of pride to him that his legion was allowed to bear the Emperors standard on their armour.

Angron.... ah now there was one who Valdor truly believed was rage incarnate. Whenever the Red Angel warred it was bend over and kiss your arse goodbye. Valdor could always see the simmering rage that was sat deep behind the War Hounds eyes. It was a drug to him and the more blood he spilt the happier he was.

Sometimes Valdor wondered if Angron was as sane as he made out. The Emperor had told him once to not make anymore of his World Eaters enhanced through those damn psychological implants, before he went to war alongside Vulkan the Emperor told him to continue with it.
Never had Valdor seen Angron so pleased with his fathers’ choices and that had scarred the hell out of Valdor and not much in any lifetime did that.

The Lion, Valdor shifted his position a little causing some snow to dislodge and make its way down what was left of the ancient top of the world peaks. Lion El’Johnnson was indeed an enigma.

Several days ago he had sent the majority of his Terran born sons back to Caliban under the auspice of helping future recruits from Caliban but he had also had some of his Caliban sons sent back as well as his surrogate father Luther.

There was something not right there and Valdor could not put his finger on it but if any man was capable of keeping his cards close to his chest it was the Lord of Caliban. The Emperor had been a little bit annoyed when the Lion had returned with news that Perturabo would not be following any other direction other then that set out for him.

He was also a bit miffed that the Lion had stepped on Perturabos shoes on a battlefield, especially when he knew that this particular warfare, siege craft was Perturabos speciality.

The Gorgon had been a surprise, he had always done as was expected of him, but his close links with the Mechanicum had ensured that he would be chosen as one of the inner circle.

Even now Ferrus was on his way to Mars with his Legion under the words of Lorgar and the Emperor. Valdor shook his head and stroked his beard Mars would not like this new turn of events, essentially as it made the treaty null and void and by sending the Iron Hands, the Emperor was letting them know that he knew their secrets.

The there was Curze. Even Valdor shivered at the mention of the Master of Night, The chief Custode pitied Curze as much as felt uneasy around him, his debilitating visions made him Lorgars vision pool but his need to sow the seeds of terror wherever he struck made him unpredictable.

Valdor knew that as soon as Curze had been brought on board that the madmen had been let out of the asylum. Somehow, someway he had to let Horus know what was going on and indeed what had befallen Vulkan and the Salamanders.

Vulkan was like a dead man walking, whatever had taken his soul into the power of the warp entities had left him with no light in his eyes, just a darkness that seemed to encompass him and control him.

He had taken it upon himself to fight the Eldar, dark or otherwise wherever they may be and the Emperor had allowed it, for none knew their ways better then the scion of Nocturne and his sons.

Valdor looked back towards the palace walls. Once he had been able to be open with his old friend, now he had to guard even his own thoughts and against one that he once trusted and who was in the most powerful psyker in the human race, it was not an easy thing to accomplish.

The dream was over it was just none of the other sons knew it yet. With a heavy heart he got to his feet and began his long and lonely trek back to the palace. Unsure of what he was going to do or, even how he was going to achieve it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode