Casogal - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-11, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Default Casogal,War of the Wit Trolz

"War is hell. There is absolutely no way around that time tested phrase. It is a thing that only idiots, barbarians, or Trols would ask for. In fact I'm sure that Trols pray for war like little children. I can see it now: a Trol kneeling near a neatly made bed with his hands clasped together and saying,'...and bless me mummie and dadie and me sista and me brotha. Alsa, pleas 'ave a maja wer start tomorrow cause I'm relly borred and want ta kill sumfin. Amun'
But they aren't stupid enough to pray for war without cause. Each one of those bastards is at least seven feet tall and they may look lean but they are fast and can pack a deadly punch.Their 3 tusks and huge fists make them deadly even when unarmed so don't assume that a Trol with no weapons means you're safe. Hell I've even seen a Trol kill someone with a toothpick just for the challenge of it.
So that's why I want you to pray to whatever god you want to pray to every night. Give thanks to that god that you lived to see another day, pray to that god that you live to pray to him tomorrow, PLEA to him that you have enough ammo and skill to live another day, but above all pray for this:that those Trols never stop praying. For if they did then we'd all be out of the job."
-High Marshal Felgrove Sestein, attached to the 43rd Taltec heavy infantry regiment addressing the regiment commanders and overcommander of opperation:Casogal freedom

Last edited by jaggedjaw; 08-29-11 at 10:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-11, 11:21 PM

Adrian's Flag is: USA

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedjaw View Post
"War is hell. There is absolutely no way around that time tested phrase. It is a thing that only idiots, barbarians, or Trolls would ask for. In fact I'm sure that Trolls pray for war like little children.

I can see it now: a Troll kneeling near a neatly made bed with his hands clasped together and saying,'...and bless me mummie and dadie and me sista and me brotha. Alsa, pleas 'ave a maja wer start tomorrow cause I'm relly borred and want ta kill sumfin. Amun'

But they aren't stupid enough to pray for war without cause. Each one of those bastards is at least seven feet tall and they may look lean but they are fast and can pack a deadly punch.

Their 3 tusks and huge fists make them deadly even when unarmed so don't assume that a Troll with no weapons means you're safe. Hell, I've even seen a Troll kill someone with a toothpick just for the challenge of it.

So that's why I want you to pray to whatever god you want to pray to every night. Give thanks to that god that you lived to see another day, pray to that god that you live to pray to him tomorrow, PLEA to him that you have enough ammo and skill to live another day, but above all pray for this:that those Trolls never stop praying. For if they did then we'd all be out of the job."

-High Marshal Felgrove Sestein, attached to the 43rd Taltec heavy infantry regiment addressing the regiment commanders and over-commander of operation:Casogal freedom
Funny. I liked it. Break up the paragraphs something like this as it helps with the reading process. All in all, good post. Welcome to the site.

A good reputation take a long time to build, but only a moment to destroy. Wow, that's deep! Check out the H.O.E.S. short story competition.
Other stories from Adrian.
Look up Adrian in the "Compendium" to find them. Thanks
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-11, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

thanks adrian, but I've been here for a while. anyway this part isn't funny but so much as what's going on:
The armory planet of Casogal.
An obscure but priceless world.
From it's forges spew the ammo, rifles, and bayonets which fuel the Empirical Army. It's sand is a story within itself. It's sand is unique as it acts as if it were snow, but it also acts as sand. From it's sand is crafted the strange but deadly glass blade swords, capable of sliceing steel as if it were paper.
This world is important, but obscure.
It lies to close to wild space to have any real military presence. It lays to far from any civilized system to call for aid. It's population to small to raise regiments. It's survival itself a miracle of machine and agriculture. The planet is like a priceless jewel lost amongst rocks.
And that's why it fell.
In the year 3562 E.T. a meteor shower covered the planet and cut off communications. This had happened from time to time but when the planet failed to pay it's tithes a force was sent to investigate and discovered that the planet was almost overrun by Trol forces and that only the capital city of Bezelgalf remained. Immediately an army of 40 regiments of troopers, 4 million in total, were sent to the planet to take it back in the name of the empire.
Those 4 million souls(there have been reinforcements totaling to around 3 regiments of men) have been trapped there for almost 7 years.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-11, 12:38 AM

Adrian's Flag is: USA

Default OOOkay?

What was funny was the idea of a troll praying. Was this story a part of some earlier works that you posted some time past? If so, p.m the name of the stories to me and I will look them up.

A good reputation take a long time to build, but only a moment to destroy. Wow, that's deep! Check out the H.O.E.S. short story competition.
Other stories from Adrian.
Look up Adrian in the "Compendium" to find them. Thanks
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-11, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

The desert stretched on for miles around in every direction. Of course to call it a desert would be a insult as it contained no sand and was a very mild temperature. Come to think of it, the natives didn't even have a definite name for what it was. The most fitting one was a long word that roughly translated to "great sea of eternal snow" and given have vast and white this stuff was it seemed to fit. Not that the name mattered this stuff was harder was a bastard's son to dig in and impossible to go on without sinking.

Ltc. Lepwiz shook the thoughts from his head and went back to surveying the battle lines. It took some effort to see the trenches and to discern the actual trenches from the death pits but eventual he did it and saw that every man was at their posts. The trenches zigzagged for miles to the sunset and back and were formidable. Even if you managed to reach them through the withering fire you would come across a false section of trenches bobby trapped to kill and hold back as many of those freaks as possible. Then they would have to climb out of those trenches and wither another 50 yards worth of fire before meeting the grim determination and sharp bayonets of the Empire's troopers. He then pulled out his Bi-eyes and went to survey the Trol's lines.

The Trol's "trenches" were easier to find then a starship on your hovel. It was a crudely made palisade that dominated the dunes and were doted with watch towers every 3-3000 feet or so(it probably deepened on the Trol's boredom levels at the time). One watch tower in particular stood out as the Trol posted there only ever carried a banner and was never seen leaving his post. They had tried shooting him down with snipers before but then, just as right now, when you look at him he is ALWAYS looking back at you and it seems like he knows exactly what you're doing. Despite never actually killing anyone Lepwiz had lost 60, or was it 70, of his best snipers to that Trol simply because they went crazy and had to be brought before the Marshall.

Fortunately for all existence, no other Trols were that focused or scary. One day the Trols could launch unrelenting assaults from sun up to moon down, and the next day they'd be trying to play human size blitzkrieg in the no-man's land while never actually agreeing who was what piece. Even now there were Trols mooning him and throwing Halflans at the Empiracl trenches. The most humorous thing Lepwiz remembered a single Trol doing was one day he waltzed right over to the Empiracal front lines with an empty mug in had, asked the troopers on duty if he could borrow some "suga'", and then laughed like a madman, dropped the mug, and ran back to his own lines(That Trol was seen leading the next assault with the warcry "GIVE ME BAK MY CUP O' SUGA'!") The most humorous thing the whole Trol army did was when they all decided to go to the beach(seeing as the nearest coast was 500miles away and the trolls managed to get their and back within an hour the Maguses have set aside a whole division to figure out how they did that.) and came back throwing seashells at the Empiracl troops.

Still, these Trols had earned every rite to act as madmen outside of combat. Lepwiz had to remind himself that all of the regiments posted on this world had lost an average o 43% of their forces, with The 43rd Toltec being hit the hardest with 57% casualties. Including BG Halmsed.

"Colonel!", a voice called out from behind him.

Snapping back to reality Lepwiz turned around to see his new assistant, by Zanbar's bolt pistol what is that boy's name again?

"Cpl. Selven. Also I'm only a LIEUTENANT Colonel." Lepwiz said. Then he quickly added, "so what is it?"

"We believe that the Trols are going to launch an attack soon."

Some flying Trol shit caught Lepwiz in the back of the head quickly followed by a confused Halflan who began running back towards his own lines.

"I HADN'T noticed", Lepwiz said while trying to get the brown stuff of his shako before it stuck.

"That's why I told you sir." Selven replied.

Great ANOTHER one. Even if Lepwiz hadn't noticed to the flying shit and Halflans he would have noticed the steadily rising beat coming up from the Trol's lines. Or maybe he would have noticed the huge sign the Trols had erected saying "We'z gona atak son, O.K?" Still the they hadn't attacked yet meaning there was still time for them to get bored with it and wander off. Lepwiz was about to reprimand Selven when the speech horn at his ear screamed out,"INCOMING!"

Lepwiz barely turned around in time to see a terrpeda slam into the death pits and was followed by some enemy artillery. The bombardment didn't last long but it had filled up almost all of the death pits. Lepwiz shuddered, this wasn't going to go well for them. Drums sounded and men rushed to the trenches, bolt rifles in hand, and waited for orders from their sergeants. Lepwiz unslung his own bolt rifle and waited near the support trench for the Trols to attack.

He didn't have to wait long. The Trols fired a single flaming trebuchet shot, an odd tradition that Lepwiz hadn't seen any other Trols use, and then they let out a fierce war cry and lept over their palisade. They were hideous creatures, around 7feet tall with a sharp, almost fox like, features with pointed ears and noses and 3 tusks(2 going up on the sides and one going down in the middle). They waved poorly made axes, pistols, and led belcha's and began shooting wildly at the Empiracl lines. Lepwiz calmly lowered the stealer horn over his mouth and the moment the Trols were in range he screamed, "ALL UNITS OPEN FIRE!"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-11, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

The first wave of Trols was scythed down under the sheer weight of bolt fire. Machine bolters and Machine cannons added to the weight of fire while boomstick throwers, mega-ton guns, and pounders gouged huge holes in the Trol ranks. Had the terrain not been likely to suck up outriders, jackles, and sharks the number of dead would be thrice what it was, but then again, that's why they they were in this situation. Lepwiz knew that his own bolt rifle counted for at least 2 dozen dead Trols. However, they could absorb the loss they were given a hundred times over.

The troopers were also taking casualties as well. Trol crez bowz fired there explosives into trenches taking out whole squads at a time. He-jeka's had Haflans dig fox holes for them so the could use their fia werks to full effect. Lucky Trol shots managed to claim several men including Marshal Volderch, which almost caused the troops near him to panic. Iorn Trols, a form of Trol walker about 12' tall, were unleashing devastating hail storms of bullets and boomsticks while ,amazingly given their size and construction, were not sinking in the sand.

The sky wasn't quite either. Dog fights between Falcon fighter jets and ske belcha's were filling the sky with dozens of explosions. 'elly chopyas were floating in the sky with their crew leaning out of it's basket to drop boomsticks and infernorods on Empirical(and Trol) forces. In addition the sky was filled with the whistling of pounder shells, iorn shells, and the occasional terrpeda. But none of this could stop the Trols.

Lepwiz activated his speech horn and screamed, "LIGHT THEM UP!"

Immediately a battle between fire spewers and flam belchas erupted. None of the Trols could stand the heat for very long and they broke. Lepwiz swore that the Trols suffered more casualties running away then they did running towards the line.

"Sir the Trols broke", Selven stated.

"Really?", Lepwiz irked, "I hadn't noticed."

Selven smiled and said, "Glad you know now sir. But should we charge their lines?"

Lepwiz was about to give the order when the trebuchet fired again. This time, however, it must have landed on an ammo store because when it broke through the ground it created a massive explosion. Lepwiz barely had enough time to duck. When he got up he saw that a cannon round had tore of Selven's arm, but that was the least of his worries. A massive gap about 200 yards wide was now completely devoid of troops and the Trols were about to charge again.

Gor took a good look through his stolen long eye. No matter where he looked he came to the same exact conclusion: the Trols were going in for the kill. They didn't seem very serious about it either. After all their werbiks could have crossed the sand in less time then it took for him to kill. On top of that they didn't seem to have any iorn belcha's left. Perfect.

Gor rested the long eye near the hatchet of his merder klas 'eavy tenk with a satisfied smile on his lips.

"Lutenant Rip", Gor said to the Trol standing near the front of the tenk.

"Yes Kurnel?" was his quick and precise reply.

"Tell da solja's dat da weenies 'ave left dere trenches."

Rip cracked a wide smile and took in a long and deep breath.

Last edited by jaggedjaw; 09-10-11 at 03:43 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

"THIS IS LTC. MADEL LEPWIZ IN SECTOR 5 TRENCHES", Lepwiz screamed into a stealer box's horn, while the operator was trying to adjust the volume so that high command wouldn't want to shoot any of them, "WE NEED REINFORCEMENTS NOW! I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE TROOPERS, HONOR GUARD, L.O.E.D.ERS, OR EVEN JUST PLEBEIANS WITH POINTY STICKS WE NEED THEM NOW OR ELSE WE'LL LOSE THE TRENCH!"

"Ltc. Lepwiz", a voice said, with a notable air of "I hate my job right now","this is Op. Prvt. Dylan at high command. I will put your request in immediately."

Lepwiz was about to put the box's horn down when Dylan added,"However."

"What is it?", the opperator, Frenered if he remembered right, asked, beating Lepwiz to the chase.

"Well...", Dylan said,"We've been getting requests for reinforcements from all 29 sectors. Seems the Trols finally found the sense to co-ordinate large scale attacks. From what I've heard, We've barely beet off all of their other ones. So on your reinforcements may be civs with sticks and even then you'll have to wait at least 3 hours before you find out. that is supposing that the roads in your sector are in good condition."

"LISTEN", Lepwiz screamed, "WE'VE GOT A GAP AT LEAST A HUNDRED MAYBE EVEN TWO HUNDRED YARDS ACROSS WHICH, IF WE'RE ABLE TO PLUG IT UP AT ALL, WE'LL BE UNDER STRENGTH EVERYWHERE ELSE!"

After a pause Dylan said,"Well then, make peace with you gods and hope the rest of the lines don't fall. Over and out."

Lepwiz slammed the box's horn on the nearby table while trying to go over the stats. 50,000, maybe 51,000 if they were lucky, men against who knows how many Trols. Perfect.

Luckly, the Trols left plenty of time between the conversation and their attack for the gap to be partially retrenched. when the Trols finally did launch their attacks it quickly became apparent why it had taken so long: the Trols had hired mercenaries and had to convince them the pay was worth it. Ohgores, the larger, fatter, thicker Tols sub-species, smashed through their palisade with Trols following in their wake. From each of the watch towers snipers, most likely Heb Gablens given the range and accuracy, began to extract a noticeable toll among Empirical troops. He-jeka's settled into the foxholes they had made earlier and began to bombard the troopers with volleys of, highly inaccurate, fia' werks with a lucky few managing to slam into a pounder battery or two.

The Empiracl forces managed to reply in force. Once again machine bolters and machine cannons took out scores of Trolls while normal bolter fire did in nearly as many of them. What pounders were left began barraging Trols while boomstick throwers laid down more accurate fire. When the range closed the fire spewers managed to fry dozens upon dozens of Trols before their fuel was exhausted. Even Lepwiz joined in with his antiqued bolt rifle, which had superior rifling, and fell almost 200 Trolls.

However, even if they had done the same 50 times over, the weight of the Troll forces was too much. When the Ohgores finally slammed into the trenches there was only so much an over glorified spear could do against 500 pounds of fat and muscle. Troopers died in droves with the casualty rate being around 1 ohgore for every 20 troopers. And when the rest of the trolls got stuck in the number of dead exploded. Lepwiz was about to rush in to help when he heard a giant scream. He looked up just in time to see a jumpa coming at him.

Lepwiz rolled out of the way as the Trol slammed into the ground. Lepwiz pulled out his sword before the jumpa stood back up and charged at him. The Trol attacked first, swinging his hatet down at Lapwiz, and giving him no choice but to block. Fortunately, unlike all the rest of his equipment, his sword was home. Staring at the thing that had once been his weapon, the Trol was distracted long enough for Lepwiz to run it through the iron armor it had donned.

Instead of dying, the Trol looked down at the man with the sword in his chest. If it had noticed anything it was that his opponent looked too old to be doing this, had a black bolt rifle dangling at his side, and had a glass like saber sticking out of it. However long it may have had those thought Lepwiz didn't give it the chance to comment and ripped his sword downward. Turning around he saw another Troll was heading towards him with a buzz sword. He never did get to see it's face though, as it exploded as a trio of bolt shells hit home.

Then, before the Trol even fell to it's knees Marshal Sestein run up to it, smoking bolt pistol in hand, and decapitated it.

"Good to see you", Lepwiz managed, while hipshooting an ohgore in the back.

"Oh I'm doing great", Sestein said, before gutting a couple of Haflans.

"I didn't ask", Lepwiz stated, while parrying a Trol attack

"I know!", Sestein yelled, while shooting a Trol in the head and reversing his power sword through it on the way down. "And before you ask", he added," if you attempt to even order a retreat your day will get much worse."

Lepwiz was about to say something when suddenly a horn sounded. In an instant all of the fighting stopped as the Trols turned to look at their palisades and as the Troopers caught their breath. The trebuchet fired again but, instead of aiming for the Empire's lines, it went in the complete opposite direction.

"DA FERT!", one of the Trols yelled, "BAK TO DA FERT!"

And in one accord all of the Trols, Ohgores, and Haflans ran back to their lines and joined the distant sounds of battle. Had the Empirical troops not been so surprised by what had just happened they may have shot some of them.

After a long silence Lepwiz finally asked, "what was that?"

"Who knows", a trooper, who turned out to be Frenered, "maybe it's tea time?"

Last edited by jaggedjaw; 09-16-11 at 09:17 PM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-11, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

The sounds of battle never did completely subside. Every now and then it sounded like guns firing, people shouting, artillery crashing, and a hundred other things. Many people would have blamed the sound on the clean up, but there were to many bodies for patrols to be sent out. Some people even claimed that it was the sand, that it somehow echoed back things you said or did to disorient you, but that's just superstition. The real cause of it was much more real and annoying: the Trols never stopped firing their guns.

Sestein just shook his head, "at least they aren't shooting at us."

Sestein was walking, almost strolling, along the trenches watching the post-battle drills take place. Here some men were re-stocking their ammo supplies, there some trying to clean up the dead, and farther back some men trying to catch/kill a Haflan who keeps throwing stuff at people. Sestein was going to level a bolt off at it but the Haflan knocked over a crate and didn't need the bolt. Some what saddened by being something to do, Sestein, continued his walk, making silent notes about things he saw. One thing in particular caused him to stop and stare.

In front of Sestein was a fire squad worth of troopers, who were trying desperately to move a Trol. It was legless and one of it's tusk was gore covered and it was trying to crawl back to it's own trenches while shouting, "LEGO O' ME YA SQUISHY FREAKS! I'M MISSIN' TEA TIME RITE NOWZ! Wez was gona 'ave crumpeds an' evera fing."

Laughing to himself Sestein was about to turn away when the firing squad recognized his pressence.

"GRAND MARSHAL SESTEIN!", they all yelled, before doing the Empirical salute.

"Troopers", Sestein shouted, mainly do to the Trol blabbering on about buttering stuff, "at ease."

He then quickly added, "what squad are you?"

"SIR", a trooper, bearing the rank of staff sergeant, responded , "S.S. DEVLON METKES SIR! SQUAD TAL51-6-4-1-1-1 SIR!"

"If your a company commander", Sestein said, "then drop the parade ground formalities. Remember, this isn't the Syber, so I'm not in the Hierarchy."

"SIR YES SIR!," Devlon responded, before a glare from Sestein caused him to say, "Of course sir."

"Good, now then can you tell me what's going on?" Sestein asked.

"I ALRADA TOLDA YA DAT IS WAS MISSIN' TEA TIME!" the Trol's bauble produced.

"Aside from trying to shut him up", Devlon said, indicating a man who had pipe bandages, "we were going to move it and then kill it so the smell doesn't stay."

"If you're going to all that trouble then why bother killing it?"

"Sir?"

"Listen", Sestein explained, while his hand went to rest on his pistol, "If you go to all the trouble of moveing it then we can interrogate it. After all, a legless Trol doesn't pose much of a threat to anyone and, if we keep him away from other Trols, he could provide us with some useful information."

"Of course this is merely a suggestion. After all", Sestein said, while fixing his Marshall's cap, "I'm not in the hierarchy."

"SIR YEs... of course sir", Devlon fumbled.

After that he barked new orders to his squad(the rest had showed up with some rations). Many of them groaned, and a few of them produced ear plugs. Sestein didn't see any of that as he was already heading back to his room. When he reached it he punched in the entrance code and, after a few hisses, the door opened. Inside his room he had a million things he could be doing like read after action memos, contacting High Command, writing reports on how tropers did, even filling out papers for the captured Trols.

But at the moment he only had one thing on his mind.

"I can't believe I'm missing tea time", Sestein muttered to himself.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-02-11, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

A hundred or so yards away, Lepwiz was standing in the forward command center. It was a dingy little place, eventually it had once been a weapon nest (more then likely a pounder) and it was now cluttered with data-looms, adders, stealer boxes, and a single tele-typer all covered by a poorly made tarp and severely under manned by Lepwiz's command squad and about half a dozen other men seconded from other squads. Had his squad not been just reduced (yet again) to only him and a couple other people this wouldn't have happened. And yet her he was with about 8 other people he didn't know and some cafinade, that tasted like watered shit, working on the post action report.

The figures weren't all in yet but already they weren't pretty. So far the companies had called in at least 20,000 men dead, the highest casualties ever! The number of dead Trols, Haflans excluded, was at almost 50,000 with only around 500 of them being captured. Still the trolls had at least 30 times that counted on the field with an estimated 170,000 not even committed to battle which begged the question: "Why did the Trols retreat?" By all accounts if they had stayed on even another minute they would have forced the Empirical forces out of the trenches and then slaughtered them. Even if Trols were the most unpredictable creatures in all existence, running away when you're winning is just something they never do.

Lepwiz was brooding over this when suddenly his stealer horn barked to life.

"Omega-4-7?"

Lepwiz recognized the code and put his hand on the "steal" switch and responded, "Toltec-4-3. Empire or L.O.E.D.?"

"LO.E.D.ers reinforcements. Southwind?"

"Devils be dammed. Change frequency to 16-7.8."

"Understood."

A few moments later one of the ops started talking to his box. After a while he turns to Lepwiz and says, "Col. we got militia inbound."

"It's LT. Col.", Lepwiz corrected, "and I know. How many?"

"About one legion worth."

Lepwiz shook his head. Only one legion? And on top of that, only L.O.E.D.ers? In any other warzone ten-thousand men might be helpful, but here, and against Trols? Lepwiz had no doubt at all that he was going to die here.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Wesly had to take in a deep breath. It wasn't for any particular reason, but just because he couldn't stand being coped up in a riot tank for much longer. However, he didn't realize he was facing the wrong direction, so all he was rewarded with was a mouth full of himavarsa. He pulled back into the tank choking until it had either all melted or he had coughed it up. There were some snickers and only one genuine concern.

"Lord Alkor, have you ingested foreign particles against your will?" it asked.

Wesly didn't need to look up to know exactly who it was. Years of mutual relationship had seen to that.

"Pel-10", Wesly managed,between coughing fits, "yes I have been forced to eat something. It's called, 'My stupidity'."

It took a few minutes and worried chimes before Pel-10, "Lord Alkor, this substance is not in the data-registry and should be treated as a poisonous substance. I suggest beginning by contacting the nearest apothecary and then waiting for him."

Despite the pain Wesly laughed and corrected, "Pel-10 I love your head for tactics but you need to get that head of yours looked at. I faced the front of the tank when we were moving and got a face full of himavarsa."

Pel-10 sat dazed for a few moments before nagging, "Lord Alkor if you know very well that my main objective is to see over your well being. I cannot do this if you tell me the wrong facts. Now I have to reconnect with the apothecary and explain to him that..."

Pel-10 continued this rant for several minutes (perhaps even an hour) but Wesly knew how to tune him out. Besides he had more important things to deal with.

"Sheldon." Wesly yelled and one of the men on the bench responded.

"What is it Lord?" Sheldon asked.

"Stick your head out of the hatchet."

"Lord?"

"Just do it."

Wesly then added, "But face port side, the wind is acting up today."

Sheldon, rather reluctant to leave his seat, moved slowly to the hatch and stuck his head out. It took about a minute before he pulled it down with a very grim look on his face.

"Well?" Wesly asked, "what did you hear?"

"Battle Lord." Sheldon said.

"I thought as much. Hand me the stealer box."

Sheldon went to were the stealer box was and, after only the gods know what, he handed it to Wesly who had, in his impatience, moved up next to Sheldon. Wesly fiddled with some dials before he finally brought the box to his mouth.

"Omega-4-7." Wesly barked.

"Affirmative."

"Understood."

"Order received."

"Acknowledged."

"Understood."

"Toltec-4-3."

Wesly stopped at this one for a few moments but Sheldon was much quicker in responding.

"Empire or L.O.E.D.?" The voice continued.

"LO.E.D.ers reinforcements. Southwind?"

"Devils be dammed. Change frequency to 16-7.8."

"Understood."

Changing to that frequency they came across another man and, after a few minutes, they relayed all the necessary info and the box went silent. So was the compartment. Finally Wesly asked the question on every ones mind.

"Why are they relaying post action codes during a battle?"

The only answer was, "They probably aren't fighting. But more importantly, If the Empire isn't fighting the Trols, then who is fighting?"

There was more silence as everyone thought hard. Finlay it was broken by a single question.

"Lord Alkor are you listening to me?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode