Warhammer 40k Story Hall - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-10, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Warhammer 40k Story Hall

Hey Anyone who likes to write and likes 40k, then combine them here. post your stories here for all to read. i will start it off with a prolouge from the stroy i am writing now. ENJOY

Prologue
False Hope: Ultramarine Outpost
“Corporal, can you hear me,” came Sergeant Alkove’s voice came through Corporal Kilmar’s earpiece radio.
“Loud and clear brother,” Kilmar replied.
“Good,” continued Alkove, “I don’t like it out here tonight… It’s so quiet.”
“I know…” Kilmar did not know what else to say. It was dark, misty, cold and very quiet. He was on guard duty tonight, and all seemed well, but it was too silent. Not a bird in the sky, nor an animal in the bush. Suddenly, a great shaft of moonlight broke through the dense fog, illuminating Kilmar’s blue power armour and the horrible scene below him.
“Corporal?” came Alkove’s nervous voice.
About ten vast, hulking shapes were creeping up towards the outposts. Orks. There was no mistaking them. But they were not like any orks Kilmar had seen. They were covered in camouflage, and were now proceeding to silently scale the wall.
“Raise the alarm! ORKS!” cried Kilmar. Then he heard a terrible gurgling cry from behind him. Spinning round, Kilmar saw Alkove sinking to the ground, an ork’s knife embedded in his throat. With a howl of rage, Kilmar leapt at the ork, his chainsaw revving. He split the ork down from the head and its mangled corpse thumped to the ground. Before he had a chance to grieve for his fallen battle brother, a large knife erupted from his chest. Kilmar was lifted of the ground as the ork who had sneaked up behind him wrenched its weapon free. Kilmar fell to the ground with a sickening crunch.
“Emperor, I have failed you.” And he breathed his last.

I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-10, 10:03 AM
Feed

Wrong section. You want Original Works, a bit lower on the forum page.

Also, your story is off to a promising start.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-10, 10:25 AM

Good start, only critique I have on it is to change "Chainsaw" to "chainsword." overall good technique, it reads a lot like an excerpt from one of the black library books.

Well that was unexpected..... -Last words of chaos Warmaster Veran The Undefeatable

Join the Guard or die, then die anyways -unkown

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode