Chronicles Of Deimos (4 of 5) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-08-08, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

Default Chronicles Of Deimos (4 of 5)

Hey all, if you've been reading my stories, all the way back to Only in Death, my first Altair fic, then you'll have some idea where the story's been going. Well, I won't spoil it for you (if you want the entire, long, story, I'll PM or E-mail the entire thing so far to you).

So, once again, I'm going to ramble for three of four pages about what the 40K universe is all about. Awesome characters, cool battles, huge ships, serious guns, (and maybe some romance).

And as per my natural ability to kill off everyone's favorite characters, more will die, and cool new characters will appear, so I can kill them off in the next (and last) one.

Well, onto the story!
-Dirge

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VISIONS

Everto Justica
27 days after the fleet actions above Deimos

A tortured black sky trudges to a far horizon. Screams and yells fill the air as two massive armies crash into each other on a brown plain, the ground runs with blood. Harsh cries fill the air as gore-crows dive to pick at the flesh of the dead. A single white light stands among the blackness that sweeps across the field. the newcomer's armor is untainted by the blood and violence surrounding it. A black sword is gripped in one gauntlet. The blackness swirls around the figure's pure, white armor, trying to find a way inside. A black figure rises to oppose the figure. The figure's black sword suddenly explodes into blue fire, cleaving through the darkness. The world dims, then turns to blackness.

Altair sat bolt upright.

He wiped his forehead with one hand, breathing hard. Iridea raised her head groggily next to him.

"What are you doing up?" she said.

Altair shook his head, throwing off the blanket that covered him, and walking into the front room of his quarters aboard Everto Justica, the ship given to him by Damias, the Lord of the Daemonicum, and his leader.

Iridea threw her white chirugen's robes over herself and followed him into the room.

"Don't shut me out...what's the matter?"

Altair swallowed. "I was a dream. I saw a battle, somewhere. A man banished everything with one swing, and the world went away. Everything went away.."

Iridea placed her hand on Altair's cheek, turning his head to face her.

"It was just a dream. You're here."

Altair shook her off. "It seemed so real."

"Dreams often do...it's what we accept as real that defines who we are."

Iridea's words struck him as the same words Marius the Cursed had given him when he had doubts fighting the Space Marines on Threshold.

Altair found himself calmed by her. Iridea smiled, and clasped her robes together with a brooch.

"Well, my love, as long as you're not going back to sleep, you might as well go see how Khalis and the others on the bridge are doing, I'll be in the chirgeury if you find yourself in need of me."

Altair nodded. He fastened his armor on and walked down the corridor to the lifts.

When he reached the bridge, only Vrael and Uraj were there, playing regicide on an overturned crate of Impaler ammunition. Uraj nodded his greetings, a wisp of smoke escaping his nose. Vrael looked over his shoulder at Altair.

"Just a moment, Shipmaster, almost finished here."

He moved his Lord, and knocked over Uraj's Inquisitor.

"Checkmate." said Vrael. Uraj looked over the board before flicking his Emperor piece onto it's side.

"Very well." said the smith, still looking for places he could move.

When he found none, he stood up, taking his place at the helm.

Altair turned to Vrael, who was packing up the regicide board.

"Good move. How's things?"

Vrael looked fondly at the regicide board. "My hobby, I'm afraid. As to your other question, things are fine. Damias and the other captains are all still passed out, except for Yurial, but he's a nutcase anyways, so I try not to count him."

Altair looked at the holochart in the middle of the map table. The fleet was in low orbit over Deimos, a world perpetually stuck in a calm area of the Warp known as Tzeentch's Eye. Thousands of small red dots marked wreckage from Imperial vessels from the fleet sent to destroy them. For the twenty-seven days since the battle, Altair had pondered over the attack. Demons or not, the Imperium had been their allies against Azulanthis, the most powerful demonlord since Angron last launched a crusade against Man.

He looked at the table, searching for clues.

Vrael jerked up from the Comms station, a headset covering one ear.

"Shipmaster! Lord Damias is calling all vessels to move immediately to the southern isles, we're launching the attack at zero-eight-hundred tomorrow!"

Altiar nodded sternly. "Rouse the crew, get everyone to stations!"

Vrael turned back to the vox, and Altair heard his voice a split-second before the intercomms turned on.

[All Crew! Report to stations! Repeat, all crew report to stations! Ready weapons and drop arrays, battle stations!]

Altair recalled his dream with some worry now that Iridea's words seemed far away. He resigned himself to the fact that no matter how easily things went, he never had the entire picture.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-08-08, 01:06 PM

Master Andael's Flag is: Netherlands

A really good start of ,what i almost know certain, a really good story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grik View Post
Does his pompous ass Lordship even remember how to close his fist? I mean other than around a haunch of meat. You have taxed me for the last time sire!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-08-08, 11:39 PM

Amazing start, can't wait for the next part.
I hate the fact that've read through the entire story so far within the last day or so.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-09-08, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Yes, it's not very long as a whole story, but the story itself is what makes it good. Short Stories always end before you want them too, and I'm almost done with Altair. Only 1.999 Stories left to go...

Next part up tomorrow, I'm seriously tired right now. Just got back from GW after work.
-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-08, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
The Traveler

DROP ZONE

Everto Justica, high orbit over LZ Alpha
Day 1

Altair strapped himself into the drop-pod next to Vrael, cradling an Impaler rifle. Iridea leaned against the bulkhead, watching them.

"I'll miss you." she said. Iridea and the Healers were staying aboard the ship to help with any wounded brought after the battle.

Ristvak'baen was held tight in Altair's scabbard.

Have you thought any more about the inscription sent to us?

"Yes, I think I'll ask Uraj about it. He knows more about Deimos then anyone now that Reyzak has gone."

After a month, he was still bitter about the death of his mentor.

The sword fell silent, and Vrael turned to the demon manning a console near the pod.

"Punch it." said the sergeant, cocking his rifle.

The demon nodded and hit a large button on the panel.

The world went away as the hatches closed, followed by a massive Whump as Everto Justica shot the drop pod at the planet's surface. Following them in was nearly two hundred other pods, the first wave of Lord Damias' plans to retake Deimos from Azulanthis' fanatical followers. Even with the demonlord banished at the Second Battle for Terra, his followers maintained a large force on the planet itself.

Altair felt to pod rock as anti-air batteries found their coordinates. He prayed that none of them scored a hit. The pods had no armor.

[Warning. Stabilization failure.]

The squad looked terrified. A trooper across from Vrael yelled through the noise.

"Blow the hatches! We've got to get out!"

Vrael snarled. "Not yet!"

He smashed a panel, and pulled the manuel stabilizer lever. The pod screamed as it deaccelerated, then a bang sounded, and speed returned sickeningly. Altair looked at Vrael, holding the lever with a surprised look.

The squad began a slow lament, one of the prayers Reyzak had taught them.

"In nominae Deimos, justica tu ordunaz, In nominae Deimos, our lord, deliever us,"

Altair looked at the altimeter.

[100 Klicks. 80 Klicks. 60 Klicks. 40 Klicks.]

Vrael's hand hovered over the release button.

[20 Klicks]

"It's gonna be a rough one! Hang on!"

Altair stared out the small viewport as a cloud passed, revealing brown ground mixed with green grass and trees. Laser fire stitched up from positions. Some pods were already down, their occupants firing at the anit-air guns.

The ground suddenly filled the viewport.

Altair closed his eyes. A massive noise filled his ears, and the world went black.

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-08, 04:02 PM

Again it is great.

Quote:
Does his pompous ass Lordship even remember how to close his fist? I mean other than around a haunch of meat. You have taxed me for the last time sire!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-08, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Thanks! I'll have the next part up tomorrow. IF you read this, be sure to check out Forsaken, a completely new story!

-Dirge

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Ugh. Been a while. Two reasons:

1. I am lazy as hell with most of my stories.

2. My cousin just graduated from Great Lakes Naval base two days ago, so we had a little get-together. USAF and Navy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LANDFALL

Altair opened his eyes.

The pod's ceiling stared back at him.

He groaned, rubbing his bruised joints, and got to his feet. The pod had smashed onto the surface, crushing the floor up into the pod. Altair had to stoop to get out of the small ship. Vrael and his squad were taking up positions. One had a distress beacon out, and was fiddling with the knobs.

Dozens more pods were impacting all around them, throwing up dirt and rocks. Altair saw one pod come down blazing, hit by the anti-aircraft fire. It impacted a rumbling tank, causing an massive explosion. The vehicle's ammunition detonated, causing a second tremendous blast that took everyone within a quarter-klick off their feet. Altair shielded his face from the heat.

Vrael pointed to the massive walls that loomed above the gathering Daemonica armies.

"There! The nest of the enemy!"

An enormous blast shook the earth as Everto Justica's torpedoes joined the fray, creating a four-klick wide breach in the walls. The army's skald blew a bronze horn, and the Daemonica charged.

Altair's armored claws bit deep into the soft earth, then the rock of the wall's rubble. A screaming, dust-covered demon flung himself at Altair. He barely had time to raise Ristvak'baen to impale his enemy, flipping the demon over his shoulder. Vrael raised the Impaler, putting two bolts into the mass of charging demons. Altair noticed a line being formed behind him, and he drew his own Impaler. The demons lined up, and fired.

The results were devastating. The entire front ranks of the charge were obliterated from the relentless Daemonica fire. The survivors tried to run, but were pressed down by their comrades, and trampled. After twenty seconds, only a few, bloody survivors lay wounded among the piles of dead.

Everto Justica fired a second torpedo, this one landing square on the spire in the city's center, causing it to explode outwards, shredding hundreds of demons inside, as well as most of the city's center.

A slobbering Chaos Spawn lurched into the Daemoinica's firing line, tossing demons aside and ripping at the flesh of any who didn't move fast enough. Vrael turned and put a single bolt between it's many eyes, blasting it's head into jelly.

Twenty minutes and five klicks later, the Daemonica's command squads had planted their standards in the rubble of the small city, claiming it as the first liberated city of Deimos.

Altair stood alone on the roof of a half-demolished building, it's destroyed walls allowing him a beautiful view of the blasted city. Smoke curled from pits where bodies were being burned.

He frowned at something in the center of the city, just in front of the destroyed central spire. A massive black finger of rock, somehow completely untouched in all the madness of the fight, stood like a beacon in defiance of the invasion.

The Rock of Lost Souls

"The writings on the wall?"

Yes. You will meet this "black shade" at the Rock of Lost Souls. That is what it said.

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 09:21 AM

As always well done.

Quote:
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 06:43 PM

Cool!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode