Vengeance - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

greywulf's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Vengeance

**WARNING**

**THIS FICTION WILL CONTAIN MILD SEXUAL IMAGERY, MODERATE VIOLENCE AND TORTURE**

Last edited by greywulf; 04-10-10 at 07:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

~ PROLOGUE ~

Husam stumbled along the alley, clutching at the deep dagger wound in his side, teeth gritted against the pain as he fell to his knees on the filth-coated cobbles. Sobbing, he closed his eyes and screamed his anguish at the injustice that had befallen him.

Husam’s wife Aludra lay just ahead of him, both her life and that of their unborn child ended by the knife protruding from her swollen belly.

Crawling awkwardly with one hand, Husam made his way over to her, ignoring the pain of the jagged cobbles ripping into his knees as he moved towards Aludra.

He looked down at his wife, seeing past the blood streaking her face and the bruising around her neck.

Husam saw Aludra as she looked on the night of their blessing, lying upon their marital divan. She had been beautiful and innocent, with her long raven-black mane unbound and spilling over her shoulders, offering the unspoiled realm of her naked body to her nervous husband.

They had been betrothed to each other since childhood, their families arranging their future marriage to cement a blossoming trade relationship between the two households.

In the time until they were both of age, Husam and Aludra had met only when chaperoned, their growing feelings for each other expressed in snatched touches and whispered words. Their times together had grown fewer as Husam had begun to be introduced to his family’s business, exporting spices from their native Araby to Bretonnia, and he found himself yearning more then every for Aludra’s dusky-skinned beauty.

The night of the blessing they had both disrobed uneasily and then laid together on the cushions of the bed within their new shared chambers, nervous excitement evident as they had both begun to shyly explore the naked flesh of the other.

“Do not worry, my sweet,” Aludra had murmured against Husam’s coarsely bearded cheek, kissing his neck as he clumsily pleased her. “We have all our lives to discover each other.” She pulled back to look at his face, her dark eyes sparkling with happiness. “We have a lifetime together in which to share each other.”

They had made love then, their actions nervous and cautious, whispering words of sincere devotion as they had shyly explored each other for the first time.

Their youthful passion had born fruit that night, the news of Aludra’s pregnancy filling Husam with great joy, this elation giving way to trepidation as her condition had progressed.

For this reason he had brought his pregnant wife to Bretonnia as his duties had grown more and more demanding, not wanting to be absent at the arrival of his first born.

If he had not done so, then bloody tragedy would not have claimed her.

Last edited by greywulf; 04-10-10 at 07:30 AM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 08:32 AM

waltzmelancholy_07's Flag is: Philipines

Bloody brilliant... Vengeance indeed... Rep mate...

Are you done with Sturms Spectres?... Curious as always...

Cheers!...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 09:12 AM

Yilmar's Flag is: Netherlands

Bad stuff always happens in Bretonnia

Awesome start though.
Got it all written up yet or is it still developing?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for the quick comments, guys!
I did wonder if writing another "love/romance" based story was going to turn people off.
It would seem that there ARE people like me, who have a little bit of a soft heart under their power armour

@Waltzmelancholy_07

Spectres is done and buried yet, Im just having a break from writing 40k at the moment. I started out writing fantasy, and I felt the need to do some again.

Spectres will return, and will be completed, but after Ive rested my laz finger for a bit.

@Yilmar

Its kinda sketched out, to a point, but I have enough planned out that I can do the first Chapter while also continuing with plotting the rest of the story.

Hope you two keep reading, more should be up soon, I hope.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-10, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

~ CHAPTER ~
~ ONE ~

“I do not think I could ever get used to the weather here, Husam.”

Aludra pressed herself against her husband, seeking refuge from the rain beneath the thick cloak that Husam was using to shield them both from the downpour. “I miss having the warm sun upon my skin and a gentle breeze teasing at my hair.” Shivering, Aludra wished she had followed Husam’s leave and dressed more warmly before attending the theatre. “I do not know how these Bretonnians stand it, living in such a dreary place.”

Laughing, Husam pulled his cloak tighter around them. “It is winter here, my love. Bretonnia is not always so cold and sodden.” He stroked the hard swell of Aludra’s belly, his hand slipping beneath her clothing as he did so. “Do not worry, our son will be born within the borders of Araby. My business here in Brionne will soon be completed for a time.”

“Son?” Aludra commented, placing her own hand over Husam’s questing one. “I have already told you, our child is to be a girl, I am certain of it.” She moved her husband’s rough palm. “See, she is to be a strong swimmer, just like her mother.”

Husam felt his unborn child gently kick against his hand. “If our first born is a daughter, we shall just have to try again for an heir,” he tickled Aludra’s side playfully. “No matter how many times I must make you heavy with child.”

“And I am in no doubt you would find such a chore to be tedious,” Aludra remarked, a smile twitching on her full lips. “I am certain I would have to force you.”

“Oh, I am confident I could struggle to muster some enthusiasm for the task, my love.” Husam planted a kiss on Aludra’s forehead, his wife raising her face to his in response to the gesture. Their lips met forcefully, and Husam pulled his wife close, careful not to press too hard against her swollen belly.

Such conduct would have been unseemly in their native Araby, for a man to show such naked affection towards his wife in public. To be able to make no illusion of his love for Aludra seemed to Husam a worthy trade for having to deal with the often-inclement Bretonnia weather.

Breaking their embrace, Husam pushed a lock of wet hair from Aludra’s face and looked down at her with a gentle smile. “Come, my wife. Let us get you out of this rain.” He began to guide her onwards through the streets towards their townhouse. “When we return, I will have a warm bathtub prepared for your relaxation.” Husam cupped Aludra’s rump playfully. “Though I insist that I personally administer your soothing oils myself after you have bathed.”

Giggling, Aludra swatted away Husam’s hand and matched his pace, having to walk quickly to keep up with her tall husband. As she strode beside him, Aludra glanced up at the solid features of Husam, even the rain running from his strong nose and soaking his trimmed dark beard failing to reduce the impact of her husband’s patrician features.

Ormazd blessed me the day he entwined our fates, Aludra thought as she once again cast her eyes upon the street ahead. No daughter of Araby has ever felt such happiness and joy as I. She placed a hand on her stomach, shushing gently as she rubbed reassuring against the energetic kicking of her unborn child.

Husam and Aludra walked along the cobbles, mingling with those also unlucky enough to have business that required them to be out in the cold rain.

Each traveller ignored the next, eager to once again take warmth and shelter away from the downpour.

Husam shook water from his turban with a flick of his head, his irritation towards the rain growing with each passing moment. The decision to forgo their carriage while attending the evening’s play at the local theatre was one he now regretted. As he walked, the arabyan become aware of an alleyway that looked like it would shorten their journey, and began to steer Aludra towards the roofed passageway.

Such was his haste that Husam failed to notice the three men who moved to follow, their cloth-bound boots making little noise as they kept their distance while stalking their oblivious quarry.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-10, 09:21 AM

Sigh... What a waste and a pity... Oh greywulf... Why did you kill her?... Hahaha...

But then again, if you didn't then it wouldn't be "Vengeance"... Hahaha...

Cheers!...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Glad you enjoyed the Chapter WM!
....Poor sweet Aludra....

Hope you enjoy the next chapter....
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

~ CHAPTER ~
~ TWO ~

“Husam ibn Hammad!”

The first Husam knew of the men behind him was a heavily accented voice calling out, the arabyan origin of the speaker confirmed as Husam turned to face the trio of hooded figures.

The one who had spoken pulled back his sodden cowl, revealing dark skin and broad features along with the facial tattoos of a Sahra-born nomad marking his cheeks. “My name is Murahib. I would speak with you,” the arabyan said.

His compatriots remained hooded, though their broad shoulders indicated they were not of arabyan stock, most likely natives of Bretonnia.

“Husam, who are these men?” muttered Aludra. She pressed against her husband, placing a shaking hand over her stomach defensively. “How do they know your name?”

Husam slowly unclasped his cloak, watching the three strangers as he draped the garment over Aludra’s shoulders. “I do not know, my love” He moved deliberately to place himself between his wife and the cloaked men. “I am sure there is nothing to worry about. Please, wait here.” Even as Husam spoke, anxiety was filling his heart. He hoped that he had betrayed none of this concern to both the strangers and Aludra, who watched as her husband began to step slowly away from her, towards the one who had declared himself as Murahib.

Placing one hand atop the hilt of the scimitar that hung at his hip, Husam laid the other respectfully against his chest before bowing slightly, keeping his eyes on Murahib as he did so. “Salaam to you, sayedy,” Husam said courteously. “How can I help a fellow son of Araby this wintry evening?”

Murahib’s cloak billowed slightly as he returned the salute and bow, Husam’s keen eyes catching sight of a pair of curved swords strapped to the man’s hips.

“Salaam. My name is Murahib ibn Sahra. I am an agent of Ahmad ibn Fadlan,” replied Murahib. “I have been instructed to ask that you bear an important message to your father, Hammad ibn Ammen.”

The mention of ibn Fadlan caused Husam’s features to harden.

His father had recently referred to the man in his letters, a nomad of considerable weath who had approached him with the aim of sharing trade routes. Ibn Fadlan had offered Husam’s father a sultan’s ransom to try to expand his own fledging export business, a deal that had been rejected outright, for Ibn Fadlan had a dubious past, filled with stories of desert piracy and villainy.

“I believe my father has already heard all that your master could hope to say to him,” Husam said, lowering the hand from his chest. “Hammad ibn Ammen will have no dealings with Ahmad ibn Fadlan.”

Murahib smiled faintly. “I would beg you to reconsider your stance, sayedy. Ahmad ibn Fadlan does not respond well when his requests are declined.” The nomad inclined his head a little, the smile on his lips fading. “I am the person my master sends when he wishes a decision to be swayed in his favour.”

“I will waste no more of my time with you,” Husam said, stepping away from Murahib and his companions. “It would appear that my father was correct in his judgment of Ahmad ibn Fadlan.” He turned to leave, but the nomad’s hand on his arm stopped him.

“I have been instructed to make sure my master’s message is delivered by whatever means necessary,” said Murahib coldly. His eyes slid past Husam, the man doing nothing to hide the gesture. “There are many ways for a message to be delivered. Some more unpleasant then others.”

From her place a short distance behind Husam, Aludra noticed the cloaked nomad looking at her. She bit her lip to hold back her fear, knowing that to show it would be seen as a sign that she thought Husam unable to protect her. Instead she cupped her swollen belly as she tried to distract herself, murmuring a lullaby to her unborn child while she did so.

Husam followed the other man’s gaze, finding Aludra to be the target of Murahib’s attention. Anger firing his blood, Husam snapped his head around and stepped towards the nomad. “If you lay a hand on my wife, I swear, by Ormazd’s sacred throne, I shall not suffer you to live,” he snarled at Murahib.

The fury on Husam’s face was replaced by agony as pain flared in his side. He looked down in surprise at the dagger suddenly protruding from his belly.

“Your dead body would be message enough to your father,” spat Murahib, twisting his knife within the other man’s flesh. “But sometimes it proves sensible to enforce your statement.” The nomad pulled his weapon free before stepping to the side, his gaze once again locked on Aludra.

Husam fell to his knees, clutching at the wound in his abdomen as he cried out in pain and anger. He struggled to rise, drawing his scimitar to attack Murahib, but the nomad lashed out a boot that caught him under the chin, knocking him back to the ground.

At a slight gesture from Murahib, the two men flanking him pulled back their hoods, revealing cruel faces tempered by a life of villainy. “Kill the woman,” the nomad ordered. “Make sure that my master’s message is clear, that no man denies Ahmad ibn Fadlan that which he desires.”

Last edited by greywulf; 04-14-10 at 10:04 AM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-10, 02:02 PM

Enjoyed it... Hehe... Can't wait for the next part...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode