Every Cloud has a Mechanical Lining - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-10, 09:50 AM
Ste

Ste's Flag is: United Kingdom

I agree with CP as i said earlier its nice to see other writings in this section, it has the option of other for a good reason and allows people who don't write or just don't feel comfortable somewhat writing about 40k. I think its going great so far and i know you have that little A4 pad of writing to type up yet aaron hurry up and get it on (Y)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-10, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

hahaa, will do Ste. and ye CP my stimulous is GitS, my stories set between the first two films with a bit of Stand Alone Complex material but my story itself is original. its jsut exploring Batou's emotions :D
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-10, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Chapter 1

IV

All alone. Once again. The flickering of the flames in the fire place was the only source of movement in the room. Even Gabriel was now slouched in front of the fire now, lying perfectly still. I tried to clear my mind. I tried to think what my life would have been like without the Major, but everywhere I looked seemed to remind me of her. Her memory was so vibrant and fresh that there was no covering it up. I had tried so many times.

I threw the can Togusa had passed to me aside and stood up. I walked towards the mantle piece, sighing as I went. Gabriel sensed my movement and her ears pricked up, but soon after realised I wasn’t doing anything of importance and drooped back down.

I reached out for a small crystal encrusted box the mantle piece held. Inside was a small rectangular watch. This was the very watch I secretly bought her many years ago. This was one of the first signs of my love towards her. This was the only remnant I have left of her. I flipped the watch over and on the back was ‘Maj. Motoko Kusanagi, with love.’

On the night of her death that name was the only sequence of words I howled out. Thousands of times. Over and over again. ‘Motoko’ I cried out. But I knew at that point nothing was going to bring her back. To this day I still wondered if she knew it was me who had bought her this relic. I missed her. Her soft purple hair, her burning red eyes, glowing like torch flames lighting up the night sky.

I curled the petite watch around my fingers before lifting it towards my mouth and planting a single delicate kiss onto its face. It’s a shame I never did that to the real deal when I had he chance. I sighed deeply once again before returning the watch to its abode and carefully placed it back onto the mantle piece.

Above it was a small Polaroid picture of me with one of my bulky arms wrapped around the Major’s shoulder. We were both smiling. Her eyes stared right out of the picture and into my own. Those eyes still haunted me to this say. I winced away. The emotions started to hit the back of my throat. I made my way back over to my chair and slouched back. How I wish a cyborg could cry. It would be so much easier for me to let out of my emotions, because all they’re doing now is building up inside of me and killing me from within.

I placed a pillow behind my head; I soon drifted off to sleep.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-10, 11:37 PM
Ste

Looking good Aaron. Its also a nice change for it to be 1st person rather than 3rd. I did a long story in 1st person and enjoyed it as a change
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 06:28 AM

waltzmelancholy_07's Flag is: Philipines

Well at least my worries for you mate will never come true... CP has seen to that...

Cause back then, I posted Advent in a Warcraft forum... And the members barely gave it any attention...

But with Ste, Ploss and me anticipating your works... I doubt you'll suffer the same predicament as I did...

So keep it up!...
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the support, its much appreciated :D
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 06:06 PM
Ste

No problem aaron Ploss & waltz are really good with help on the original works area and i do my bits and pieces of work to theres a great community for OW on heresy so get your next piece up matey
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Chapter 1

V

I started to dream again. I was running towards a large building. The moon light shone down on the glass roof above and the sound of the waves crashed against the cliff it stood on. A peaceful night it seemed.

I strolled inside to find a long corridor ahead. I strode down the lengthy corridor. The path was damp with many grime filled puddles scattered along it. A sudden splashing noise sounded behind me. I rapidly turned and whipped my handgun from its holster. Small ripples appeared and soon disappeared on a puddle close to be however, nothing was to be seen. I re- holstered my weapon and continued on my mysterious search through the darkness.

I turned corners on numerous occasions. The twisting path was some what confusing and frustrating. It seemed to be build as a time-consuming tormenting maze. The way was lit by ancient torches hanging from the walls. I wonder who lit them. Questions like this filled my head. Why are there puddles? Why is it so dark? But most importantly why am I here?

I soon reached a large wooden door. Solid oak it felt like to the touch. I looked down to discover no handle. I pushed hard against it, but this was no use. The door did not want to budge for me. I tried this several times. Still no success.

I pulled out my handgun again and shot at it from various angles, first towards where the handle was supposed to be and then in a clockwise arrangement until my clip was empty. Each time I pulled the trigger the bullet simply ricocheted off of the wood. This was strange. How could this be happening? To the feel it was solid oak. A single shot should blow a clean hole straight through, but it simply doesn’t.

In frustration I threw my whole body weight against it. A sharp piercing scream jutted out from the other side. An unexpected burst of light shone from a small crack in the bottom of the door. I fell down to my knees and looked through the fracture in the wood.

I gasped at what I saw. Directly in front of the door lay a woman. She seemed fairly young with purple hair and a well rounded chest. I recognised her instantly. It was the Major. Although it was unlikely that she would scream in a situation like this it was undoubtedly her.

She noticed my intense stare. At this she pronounced a single word.
‘Batou...’

A red laser shone down from the sky above. It stirred around for a while before meeting between her eyes.

‘SHIT’ I cried out and as doing so I threw myself once more at the door to find it burst open. But I was too late. A single click from above and her head exploded right in front of my eyes. Once again I dropped to my knees. I cradled her body and the remains of her head in my hands. The emotional pain hit me square in the chest. Why can’t a cyborg cry? Why? I gripped her body towards mine and buried my head into the back of her neck.

That single gun shot echoed through my mind...

Last edited by azay04; 02-28-10 at 10:43 PM.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Chapter One

VI

I abruptly awoke. I raised my hands in front of my face searching for blood. Nothing. Gabriel was now lying on my lap. I relaxed my back against the pillow then averted my gaze to the clock. Ten minutes past five it read. The fire now consisted of a few small embers which would soon extinguish themselves. I thought back trying to remember my dream. Fragments of it remained, but enough to tell me that I’d had that same dream before.

Regardless of this, that sound still haunts me. A split second long, but its effects offer a life times worth of nightmares. These dreams did resemble the actual event but will never compare to the horror of the real thing. That day destroyed me. It destroyed my world.

Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, or parts of my memory had become corrupt. Although having a Mechanical brain can be problematic. Sure, it is has its advantages, but even small problems such as file corruption can be a real pain in the ass, let alone the much bigger problems such as being hacked into. Or it could be some sick bastard playing tricks on me. How I scorn them if they are doing so. I sighed heavily.

Being a top agent myself however, I would sense if something fishy was to occur such as the implantation of false memories. I swear these dreams are real and my own mind is creating them. They must be trying to telling me something. In saying this I leapt up out of my chair and punched the wall nearest to me. I obtained no damage to my fist, but the wall now had a nice rounded fissure embedded in it.

My head dropped and my violent breathing soon settled to a much calmer pattern. In this sudden up rise Gabriel had been thrown off my lap and landed on the floor next to me. She looked up at me with her kind eyes. I bent down and stroked her between her ears, at which point she rolled onto her back with her legs pointing in the air, waiting for her belly to be tickled. I did as she wished then strolled over the window.

I drew my antique moth-eaten curtains and the sun brightly beamed down upon. Its optimistic look aggravated me instantly, so slammed them back shut again. Gabriel looked up at me bewildered. Another deep sigh passed. I’m more of a winter person. I prefer the cold, dark mornings especially in my current state of mind. I relate better to winter. But nonetheless, nature is nature there is no saying or stopping what it is going to do next. We just have to live with that.

I slumped through my apartment. I picked up Gabriel’s dog lead and my jacket before returning to the living room. I looked around. Gabriel was no where to be seen.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-10, 10:48 PM
Ste

good work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode