Erebus - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-07-08, 06:13 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

Just posting to say I'm loving the story, always annoys me when people don't post on my stories so I feel I should do it for everyone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-07-08, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

I thought the God-Emperor of Mankind might shake some feedback loose. The next part'll be in a few hours.

Cheers!
-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-08-08, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
The Traveler

ANGEL'S FALL

Altair's first thought was to avert his eyes. His second was of overwhelming curiousity and he looked up.

The Golden Throne of Earth sat quietly before them, humming gently in time with a pulsing white light, coming from a lantern hung high above the room. Arcane machinery surrounded the edifice, tubes and gauges like parasitic growths on the machinery of the Palace.

The figure bound to the throne was covered in a perfect, white veil, all it's features wiped away by the death shroud's thickness. Golden threads etched High Gothic runes onto the sheets, entire chapters from the Tome Imperialis. A crested helmet sat on a pedestal at the base of the throne's steps, it's golden color reflecting onto the assembled demons' armor. A perfect red crest rose above it. A red-tinted sword and a massive power claw sat on two other pedestals nearby.

Reyzak breathed in. "Daemonicum, deliever us. By Tzeentch, forgive us of this sin, what we do we do in your name."

He removed a glass orb from the depths of his cloak. Inside swirled six distinct shapes, one grey-blue, one black, and the rest were green, white, and a second green. They were all eclipsed by a larger golden spark, it's light seeming dim in comparison.

He weighed the orb in his hand. "This is Angel's Fall. The ancestral home of the Emperor's forefathers. This is where the first Imperial ships were sent into the far reaches, to begin the Great Crusade."

Machira chimed in. "The last stand of the Custodians. The place where Alicia Dominica and the Daughters of the Emperor were taken to see him."

Altair looked at the orb. "What are you doing?"

Reyzak looked from the shrouded figure, to the orb, to Altair.

"Completing the circle." said Reyzak, every word holding deadly menace.

He drew a curved knife and whipped it at the shrouded figure's throat. Black gore and decaying flesh exploded onto the pristine white blanket. A number of red runes flicked onto the Golden Throne's screens, while a screeching whine built in the air. The golden spark in Reyzak's orb burst to life, suddenly glowing white-gold in his fist.

Altair stood in shock. Reyzak spoke something inaudible. Machira gestured with a bone-colored blade. Uraj picked up the golden helm and placed it on the floor. The demons drew black knives and carved a petagram into the stone. It glowed with ruddy red lights.

"From the beginning, unto the ending of time, and the destruction of all things, we ask, mighty Tzeentch, Deliever the imprisoned into form!"

He smashed the orb against the helm, and the world went white.

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-08-08, 07:19 AM

sea dragons's Flag is: Gibraltar

nice ! left it on a real cliff hanger to ....... so wat happens next

bleeding from countless wounds he charged.... full speed in to the bathroom holding his breath. this could be it this will be the end of me. the young marine thought. alas brother Bag Fart had just been in here.
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-08-08, 07:50 AM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

the emporer is dead, say what!!!! or maybe its an imposter..... nice cliff hanger
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-08-08, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Hey everybody! Don't have the next segment yet, just kind of bumping this thread. Thanks for all the support you guys've given me. Gets me going when I run out of caffiene.

-Dirge

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-09-08, 03:06 PM

Great this story is more gripping than even the last ones. Sorry for not posting but my internets been a bit funny at the moment and keeps stalling or being really slow.
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-09-08, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
The Traveler

Thanks all. I just figured out how this will end. There will be deaths.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
TO KILL A DEMON

When the world's color drained back into Altair's vision, he saw that six figures stood in the pentagram.

The first was clad in golden armor, with a flowing red cape. The second had a massive hammer, his armor functional and painted green. The third was black, with a golden trim. A lion's head was engraved onto his shoulderpad.

The fourth was also black, but his armor simply had a Raven's head painted onto it. A plasma pistol hung in a holster and he had a gaunt expression. The fifth was a massive blue-grey armored figure, holding a glowing axe his hand.

But it was the last man that caught everyone's attention.

The last figure was armored in a simple gunmetal suit of Power Armor. Even so, he dwarfed all the others, his presence filling the massive chamber. Altair noticed the swathed figure from the Golden Throne had vanished, leaving behind a bloodstained sheet. The metallic warrior picked up the golden helm from the floor and replaced his own, letting the metal helmet clank off the floor and roll to the base of the Throne. He took off one of his gauntlets, and placed the huge claw Altair had seen over his forearm. The red-tinted sword went into his other fist. It burst into orange flame as he touched it.

Altair realised with a sharp intake of breath that Janghati Khan, Leman Russ, Corax, Vulkan, and Lion El'Johnson all stood in the room, facing the metallic Marine.

The Emperor raised the burning sword, and pointed it at the assembled demons.

"Demon filth." he said, the helmet's vox arrays booming his voice.

And with that, The Emperor nodded to the golden-armored giant.

Altair frantically drew Ristvak'baen as Janghati Khan smashed into him, throwing him to the floor. The golden warrior raised the massive sword he had in both his hands and brought it down, the very motion being blurred by the superhuman speed. He brought up the demonblade in a panicked motion, deflecting the sword in a shower of bruning shards. Janghati Khan looked at the deep grove in his sword with something approaching respect, then swung again. Altair felt the warp energies soar through him, and the giant stopped.

Not only had Janghati Khan stopped, but everyone in the room had. The Emeperor stood with his four other sons, a confident smile on his face. Reyzak and Machira, with hope and fear respectivly. Altair simply stepped behind the master of the White Scars with confusion. Ristvak'baen's black runes comforted him.

Warptime. I told you that you were a psyker now.

Altair let the sorcery go, and Janghati Khan's sword smashed into the floor, cutting a foot down with his strangth. Altair raised the darkblade, and swung. The blow (from the flat of the blade) knocked into the Primarch's head with a dull thunk. Vibrations rattled up Altair's arms. The golden giant toppled over, his eyes rolling back into his head.

Altair stood in shock, looking from the Khan's body to Ristvak'baen. The Emperor clapped slowly, the demons flinched.

"Very good creature, nicely played. Now, I'm afraid you will all die."

"Wait!" Altair said frantically. The Emperor stopped. "What if I told you we needed your help?"

The Emperor seemed to consider this. "You'd have to give me proof."

Altair's clawed hand reached inside his armor, and he pulled the small Apothecarium necklace from his cloak.

"Corax." said the Emperor.

Corax took the small charm from Altair's hand, and ran a small scanner over it. "My lord, the auspex indicates the sigil is registered to Lukas Altair, KIA over two weeks ago."

"It's mine," said Altair. "I needed to be this in order to kill the foe we face."

Corax consulted the auspex. "It has a DNA trace."

He stabbed the auspex's sensor into Altair's shoulder. "Matches. It's the same marine."

The Emperor nodded. "Russ, help Janghati and El'Johnson seal up the breach. Our warriors will want to know their fathers have returned. It seems we owe you our ressurection, Lukas Altair. What is it that you fight?"

Altair swallowed. "Chaos. Of the most fearsome kind."

Reyzak chimed in. "A demonlord called Azulanthis has crushed your domain, my lord. Over the last hundred years he has conquered every one of your "segmentums" except for this one, Solar. Here the hammer's stroke will fall hardest. Here the great battle of our time will be decided. Your people need their leader. Your people need you."

The Emperor's helm nodded. "So it shall be," he spoke into a vox-caster. "Warriors of the Imperium! Heed my call! For twenty thousand years I have watched over you all, now is the time! Now is our hour! Destroy the demonspawn and his army! For The Imperium!"

A massive noise rose outside, and Altair realised Russ and the others must have made themselves known to the Imperials. A cheer rose from the battle.

The Emperor turned. "I hope my son did nothing to harm you, demon. We will need you and your band before the day is out. We will need you to do what no other, not even myself, have done. We need you to kill a demon."

(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-09-08, 08:09 PM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

awesome, such a twist! i love it!
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-09-08, 10:09 PM

The emperor comes back, I know you hate the Ultrasmurfs Dirge but is Guilliman coming into this at all or was Macragge destroyed? I don't know how you can hope to follow this one up. Keep it up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode