Orks Vs Necrons (WIP) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-01-09, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

jakkie's Flag is: England

Default Orks Vs Necrons (WIP)

Hi everyone.

This is only my second attempt at writing 40k Fiction, so im still ironing out all the kinks in my style

I got inspritation for this while i was reading a thread about the lack of Necron Fiction out there. It was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing that i wanted to get down before i forgot it. In other words, dont be too harsh please!

This is just the Opening - a few paragraphs about the event leading up to the main plot.

Hope you enjoy!

The flight crew of the Emperor Class Battleship, Divine Right watched as another salvo from its Dorsal and Prow Weapons Batteries slammed into the Ork Space Hulk, designated Alpha432 by the ships navigational computers, but known as Mean Green by the men. This huge space-faring rock, bristling with stolen and modified weapons, and teeming with uncountable Orks had already destroyed the two Imperial Gothic Class Cruisers, Dauntless and Incendia Imperatoris, and the multiple Frigates and Destroyers that had been assigned to the Divine Right. But now it was crippled. Its defeat was inevitable, and the crew of the Battleship knew it. But there was little cheer from the men; there had been too many deaths that day. Even as the final blow struck, completely removing the massive engines, the tall figure in the centre of the main viewing deck allowed himself only a brief, grim smile. Finally the leviathan was being dragged down by the gravity of the planet they had been fighting above. Within minutes, it was nothing but a colossal ball of burning debris.

Captain Jacob S'Edris (Thanks Commissar Ploss) turned, and sighed. The Ork scum around these systems were growing restless. At the moment it was just single Hulks, formed in order to gather followers from neighbouring planets. But this latest victory has proven that they were getting bolder, building bigger and more powerful ships. This had all the signs of an impending WAAAGH, but he had no idea where from. All the other planets in this system had shown no signs of life. With no other leads to follow, the Divine Right began the long slow march back to Hydraphur, and safer skies.

I just need three things from you guys!:

1) What do you think, obviously.

2) What it the second name of Captain Jacom of the Divine Right???!

3) Im in desperate need of a title.

Whoever comes up with the best title will gain my undying thanks...and maybe some rep on the side

The basic plot goes like this:

- Space Hulk crashes on dead planet.
- Spores are released from all the dead Orks.
- Decades later, tribes have sprung up all over the planet.
- One Warboss (or Big Mek) gains supremecey(sp).
- They unite some of the tribes, and go to salvage the Hulk.
- But the crash has penetrated the heart of an undiscovered Necron Tomb
- .......Ill let you know

Thanks for any and all help guys!

Jakkie

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
Shit, Take a Third - 5pts

Last edited by jakkie; 12-06-09 at 08:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-02-09, 06:56 AM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

@1: hey, this sounds like an awesome idea! What you've got so far sounds really interesting.

@2: Sedris or S'Edris, just off the top of my head. lol first one pronounced : "Said-ris" and the second one pronounced "Say-dris" or "See-dris" just something that popped into my head that sounded cool.

@3: The more you write, the title will work itself out. something maybe pertaining to the absoluteness of both powers, the saying, "an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" comes to mind when i think of Orks and Necrons. so maybe something like that will come up later. if you do think of a title, at any time, just let me know and i'll change it to whatever you like.

Keep up the smashing good work!

write on,

Commissar Ploss

The Founding Fields

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-02-09, 09:18 AM

Zodd's Flag is: Denmark

Looking forward to read more.

@3: Betwin a Rok and a hard planet.

Have You Hugged Your Dread Today ?

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-02-09, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Haha, i like that Zodd

@Commissar Ploss. Thanks for the comments! . Atm, im writing two alternate openings for the orks... I may need you guys to decide which one is used , because i love em both ^_^ haha

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-03-09, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Ok heres the Openings for the Orks. Sorry for the delay - were coming up to out mock GCSEs. so iv been revising hard...

But here they are at last!

Number 1
25 Years Later

Badgun roared with laughter as his opponent screamed defiance at him from beneath his iron-spiked fist. Grinning evilly, he clamped his left hand around the smaller Ork’s neck, pinning him to the ground. As he pulled his fist back for the killing blow he glanced up at the edge of the arena. The row of scarred, green heads cheered him up no end. He wondered who would be next. But first, there was work to be done. He looked back down at the squirming mass under his muscular arm. Badgun could have squeezed the life out of him in seconds. But this way was so much more...satisfying! With the full force of his considerable bulk behind his fist, he drove the spikes on his knuckles directly into his opponent’s forehead. The boiling blood and brain matter that splattered his face spurred him on. He pounded the dead Ork until it was little more than a green and red stain in the dust. Finally he stood and screamed. Both a roar of victory and a challenge to anyone who thought they could beat him.

Number 2

Badgun’s choppa came down again, nearly cleaving an Ork head in two. He tugged it out of the fallen Boy and spun to face another Ork jumping to the attack. In an un-orklike display of both grace and marksmanship, Badgun whipped out his Slugga and emptied the shell into the greenskin’s face, splattering bone and grey brain matter everywhere. He roared with bloodlust, and a red haze began to fill his vision. These were the moments that every Ork lived for. The confusion and clamour of a battlefield and the taste of your enemies blood in your mouth. He began to lay about him with a fevered frenzy, dealing deathblows on either side. If they were inflicted on the enemy, so much the better... Limbs were flying around him, the roar of the other fighters filled his ears, and hot red blood covered his face and soaked the crude leather jerkin that passed for armour.

I quite like the second one, as it seems better to start with the orks in the middle of a battle. Also, it shows you Badgun's un-orky prowess with weapons, which will, i hope, become more of a key point with him

But id love to know what you think!

Thanks,
Jakkie

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-09, 04:32 PM

urk..it have to be number 2. Very orky and raising the question; why are they fighting ?
And a gunslinger ork .
Are we dealing with Wyatt EOrk ?
Keep it coming

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-09, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Ok, heres the next bit! (Finally - iv got my exams coming up so im finding less free time to write this...)

This is following on from the SECOND Ork opening:

Suddenly, something caught his eye. Boss Skitgob was fighting four Orks at once, burying the spiked head of his huge axe in the chest of one even as he watched. Badgun growled thoughtfully. He’d had his eye on Skitgob’s position for a while now; maybe it was time he...stepped down. Quick and vicious as a snake, he slipped under the guard of his latest opponent and slit his throat with the razor-sharp edge of his hunting knife. Then, quickly killing any Boy stupid enough to get in his way, he crept over to where the battle was being fought. Skitgob had killed another Ork, Badgun could see part of his head lying a few feet away, but had also sustained quite a few scratches himself. Including, Badgun could see, a rather nasty wound on the inside of his left knee. Perfect.

“Hey Boss, need a hand?” Badgun snickered to himself as Skitgob brought his huge arm down on a backhand blow from one of the Boyz.
“Shut ya face, ya lil’ runt!” He roared. “I’ll take care of these gitz. You jus’ worry ‘bout yourself after this is dun.”
This unconcealed threat did little to put Badgun off. He chuckled to himself again, and this time there was an edge to it that even Skitgob couldn’t miss.
“Wat da you fink yur doin’?” he growled menacingly, at the same time disarming one of his opponents and sinking his axe blade deep into the unfortunate greenskin’s skull. He spun round to bring his whole weight against the final Ork, who barely managed to raise his choppa before both it and his head were sent flying into the surrounding mêlée. Skitgob roared with triumph, his massive teeth shown in impressive prominence. But Badgun wasn’t put off.
“Nice one, Boss. Looks like ya missed one tho! Hur hur.” Skitgob winced slightly as he shifted his weight to his left leg. “Yur gettin’ slower Boss.” Badgun wasn’t grinning now. His expression was icy, and there was a diamond glint in his blood red eye. For the first time since he cut the head off the last Boss of the Snakebite Clan, Skitgob was nervous. And somewhere inside his fungal brain this transformed itself into anger. The rest of the fight became part of the background as he faced the smaller Ork. His eyes narrowed, and he felt the blood-haze come down over his vision. Without warning, he charged.

It took just a second for the massive Ork Boss to cover the distance between them. In that time he had raised his axe above his head, and was already swinging it down into the smaller Ork’s head. Or rather, where his head had been just moments before. As the huge weapon sunk into the ground, Skitgob spun round. Badgun was standing calmly behind him. He was smiling.
“It’s like I sed Boss.” He shook his head. “Ya gettin’ slower!” Then, with a display of grace and dexterity normally shown only by the feared Eldar Harlequins, he took two steps, leapt a full ten feet into the air, and landed on Skitgob’s back.
“Ya not fit ta lead deez Boyz no more...Boss.” he growled softly into one ear as Skitgob reached behind him. But Badgun was no longer there. He stood before the massive Ork, only just reaching past his shoulders, even though Skitgob was on his hands and knees.
“Wat da Zog ar ya?” Skitgob tried to get to his feet, but something in the smaller Ork’s eyes held him still. “Yur no greenskin! Dis is some kinda weird stuff from dem Chaos Boyz aint it!”
Badgun laughed softly again. But this time there was nothing Ork-like about it... It was as old as the Universe, as cold as depths of space. And cruel beyond imagining. Badgun’s eyes were no longer red, but the darkest black, with barely a flicker of green. And when he spoke again, the voice was as icily cultured as his laugh, with nothing remaining of the old Orkish grunt.

“You know nothing about me, or the rest of my kind. I am older than the Dead Idol the humans worship so devotedly, I existed before the first of the Eldar ancient and all-powerful as they seem to be. Yes, I roamed the dark span of the Universe when the pitiful Chaos ‘Gods’, as they are known, were even a void behind the prayers of existence. You know nothing of the history of this Galaxy. Of how we fought the Old Ones in a war that ripped apart the very fabric of reality. And of how we were forced into stasis through lack of life to feed on. My brothers still sleep, and there they shall remain hidden for many thousands of years to come. But I decided not to sleep. I have travelled this galaxy for so many years, feeding off the pain and misery of countless races. But never have I encountered a people as bloodthirsty and battle-ready as you. Not since the Krork of old... I have great plans for you, you Orks.” Badgun smiled again. “A pity you will not be around to see them unfold.”

The Ork’s eyes flooded with red, and he grinned with anticipation. No memory remained of the last few minutes, and he was surprised to find Skitgob looking at him with such pure terror in his eyes.
“Huh, yur as soft as a Humie aint ya?” Badgun shook his head again. “I’m doing ya a favur.”
Then, finally, he drew his slugga and pointed it between his eyes.
“Don't worry,” Badgun chuckled “da Boyz is in gud handz!” With a deafening series of cracks, he emptied the rest of the clip into the Ork Boss’ thick skull, finally splitting it and embedding shards of bone and lumps of lead into Skitgob’s brain.

Soo, what do you think?

As always, C&C very much appreciated!
Jakkie

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-09, 06:38 PM

Uhh..this is getting interesting. I have always hoped someone would write something from the orks point of view. And spiced with a spirit of the very old ones. I hope you will make room for descriptions of ork-society, when not in battle. Like the drawings Poul Bonner ( if i remember right ) made years ago, with the orks in ordinary daily ( for orks ) situations. Buying guns at market, building Stompas etc. Good luck with the exams.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-09, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Haha, thanks Zodd

And yeah, i was goign to do a bit of Social-Orks in the next extract. Trying not to give too much away, but itll basically be Badguns rise to the head of the Clan, and what happens once theyv taken over the new Ork village (which was why they were fighting).

Hopefully, i'll be inspired to write a decent account of the build up to the WAAAGH as well, with the various ork weapons and vehicles...

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-09, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
I hope you will make room for descriptions of ork-society, when not in battle. Like the drawings Poul Bonner ( if i remember right ) made years ago, with the orks in ordinary daily ( for orks ) situations. Buying guns at market, building Stompas etc.
Hey Zodd, can you remember where you saw these pictures? Theyd help a lot - im tryin to imagine an Ork camp.

Thanks

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode