The Emperor Be Damned - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-09, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

Default The Emperor Be Damned

Your life is a lie...

Jessi Hrad pondered the voice that had intruded her mind as she stalked through the dense undergrowth that seemingly covered the forests of Licineae. They seemed to come from some external source, as she had never doubted her service to the Emperor. She pushed the voice to the back of her thoughts and marched after her comrades.

Your life is a lie, you are not fighting in service of your Emperor. You fight in the service of dictators. Your god is no more that a rotting corpse...

The voice again receded. Jessi tightened her grip on her lasgun and continued to march. She grew worried at the blasphemies being spoken in her mind. Her grip continued to tighten until her knuckles turned white.

You fight to preserve a dying empire, ruled by cruel tyrants. Millions are sent to their deaths everyday to further their own purposes. You fight and die for their honor while you do not receive so much as a grave...

Jessi was horrified to find herself agreeing with the voice in her mind. She staggered as she tried to force the voice out of her head. Her fellow Guardsmen did not notice her stumbling, or the sheen of sweat that was gathering on her brow. She began to recite lines of the Imperial Creed, praying to the Emperor to redeem herself. Oblivious to the struggle within their own ranks the Guardsmen moved toward the enemy positions.

Your prayers do you no good. You know I speak the truth. All of your fighting is for naught, the Imperium will fall. The victory of Chaos is inevitable...

Jessi slowly nodded, as she realized what she was being asked, what must be done. All the same tears welled in her eyes as she switched her lasgun to automatic.

The Chaos Gods will triumph, and you will fight to further their goals.

With a heavy heart, Jessi raised her weapon into a firing a position and aimed the barrel at the receding forms of her friends and tears began to flow freely as she pulled the trigger. Within a minute the Guardsmen lay dead, three score of shots having reduced their bodies to little more than smoking piles of meat. Jessi slumped to her knees in sorrow. She kneeled there for what seemed an eternity until finally a look of acceptance etched itself on her face as she gazed upward.

"The Chaos Gods will triumph, and I will fight to further their goals."

Several cultists seemingly materialized out of the surrounding foliage, beckoning her. She stood and made to follow them. She fought for new masters now, and the Emperor be damned.

Feel free to criticize and comment.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)

Last edited by BloodAngelsfan; 09-28-09 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-09, 09:16 PM

From an artistic perspective, a well written and evocative piece. I could feel her torment.

From a loyal servant of our Immortal Emperor, THE HERETIC SHALL BURN!

We shall flay the skin from her body as she confesses her crimes and reveals her accomplices! Vile traitor scum!

LOL!

E
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-09, 03:09 AM

waltzmelancholy_07's Flag is: Philipines

From another loyal servant of the Emperor: BURN YOU HERETICS!... Hahaha... I like it but it was little generic and short... It gave me the feeling like: "I have nothing to look forward to"... Because it lacked the description of the place and the time... For all I know, it was during the Horus Heresy or in the year 50,000... Also, I didn't like her transformation... It was rather weak...

Hope you don't see me as a b*****d for my criticisms... It's all constructive, believe me... I look forward in reading your other works in the future...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-09, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

No, I encourage criticism. Also this was just something I wrote in around 10 minutes during English class, I didn't really revise it. In regards to time, she worships the Emperor so it has to be after the Heresy.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode