The Saga of Shas'el Au'taal Y't'saum - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-07, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

Default The Saga of Shas'el Au'taal Y't'saum

(or not the ultimate fire warrior)
(Shas'el Au'taal Y't'saum means member of the fire caste, noble/ knight, member of Au'taal sept (planet of Au'taal), one of flames)
(Shas'el Au'taal Y't'saum name starts different and will change because Tau names show rank and achievements)

Shas'la Au'taal Kunas'nan held tight to his pulse rifle as the changing engine tones announced that the Orca dropship was landing. Behind his emotionless helmet La'kunas shed a silent tear. He was about to go to battle against the alien which descended on his home town, and which slaughtered and captured everyone he had ever known, but the fire caste members he was in training with and this was to be his trail by fire.The aliens were identified as the Dark Eldar. La'kuas's hand shook. He tried to concentrate on the plan. The Kauyon, they would lure the foes out of their camp with a team of Kroot and shoot them to death. Anger burned in La'kunas's veins, he would destroy them for messing with him.

La'kunas's Shas'ui commanded him into position. His targeters and other optical equipment scanned the moonspace they landed on. The crater he sat in was red. Red like the blood of so many foes of the greater good. La'kunas watched the Kroot, quite a vicious and barbaric species he heard, milling around, seemingly aimlessly. Then it happened. Cruel looking ships dangeling vicious chains swooped over the Kroot, at unbelievable speeds. Dark firepower ravaged the Kroot and they were forced to swerve under the chains, but even the reactions La'kunas knew he couldn't match weren't quite good enough and two of his allies were pulled up, screaming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-08, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Horrific aliens leaped down from the mass of high speed spikes pausing only to slow themselves on the nets covering its sides. They leapt onto the few remaining kroot and had slaughtered two more before La'kunas tracking systems even recognised their existence. A vicious kroot counter-attack led to one cleanly taking off a head of the despicable foes who destroyed everything La'kunas had known. He took only one hurried glance at his Shas'ui, who was shaking with shock, before he let his anger take over. THEY MUST PAY!!! Sprinting out of cover, he levelled his pulse rifle and fired twice in quick succession, the recoil twisting him around as one of the deadly pulses struck one of his hated foes, easily burning through armour and destroying flesh. Strange weaponry found him as a target, and he dropped to the ground as shots whizzed over him. More of the skimmers of the foe had been detected, as La'kunas' communication link told him, but this was too late for the doomed enemy soldiers as they had fallen, alone, for the Patient hunters, with no cover and nearly 50 Tau with state of the art weapons targeting them. La'kunas only fired off a single more shot before running back to cover, such was the speed his adversaries died.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-08, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

I'm upset no-one replied but I'll carry on posting regardless. If your reading this could you please reply with criticism, comments, praise or ideas.

The enemy skimmers zoomed towards La'kunas defensive position. The three broadsides brought in to take out the vehicles did their work well, as two of the horrific chunks of metal were pulled burning from the sky. The aliens still effortlessly jumped down from the burning wrecks, seemingly untroubled with their destruction. The range finders in La'kunas helmet tracked the nearest foe, and the moment they came into range he opened fire. He fired shot after shot, hardly even aiming them, but it was if his anger guided his deadly missiles, as foe after foe crumpled under his fire. Then one of their strange transports roared past and in but a moment an object of his hate was upon him. His pulse rifle was torn from his grip and sent flying, clattering across the ground. His thought turn to how he found survive.I'm practised at hand-to-hand, a barbaric way to kill but I'm good at it. It's why I'm called swift blade. Just need to focus my anger and use my bondin... he was caught mid-thought by two vicious hits, one bounced harmlessly off his armour but the other struck deep into his left shoulder. Blue blood splurted out and the warrior heartlessly laughed. Now my anger is focused thought La'kunas and his hand darted for his bonding knife and stabbed effortlessly forwards. La'kunas kept his eyes closed. If this hit failed, so would his life, chance of revenge, and the hopes of any captured Tau. La'kunas hesitatingly opened his eyes. The warrior was dead. La'kunas' bonding knife in his neck. A cheer rose from his squad as La'kunas basking in besting his foe at his type of combat. Then he hurried to recover his pulse rifle, for the battle was not yet over.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-08, 09:12 PM

teeheea fire warrior beating a dark eldar in cc on a lucky role maybe
This is a good descriptive story with lots more realism than ufw its good description aswell
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-08, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

More waves of the deadly foe advanced towards La'kunas. He answered their advance with burst after burst of pulses. He cost his foe dearly, one died spasming and spraying blood after being hit in the neck, ironic considering the number of the Dark Eldar's enemy's died in this way. Another shot stripped flesh, leaving only charred bone. Suddenly a elaborately armoured and armed warrior appeared, and moved towards them with frightening speed. He dodged all shots a closed with La'kunas' twelve Tau strong squad. La'kunas ran into a crater, as he would consider himself lucky to slow the commander, as the highly-skilled warrior undoubtedly was, with his current injury. La'kunas looked back, to his squad of friends and bonded brothers. Were they once stood strong they had now degraded into a mere pile of bloody corpses, and standing atop a small pile, like statues on a plinth, stood the commander and La'kunas' Shas'ui. The once unstoppably brave Shas'ui knelled weakly, screaming in pain as the commander tortured him. La'kunas shook with shock and then stood up defientaly. "For the GREATER GOOD", this not only attracted the commanders attention, but it also attracted the broadsides attention. The gyros in there advanced stabilisation systems whined as they turned and targeted. The commander exploded viciously into a cloud of blood. La'kunas was once again alone.

(thanks for the reply angels of fire)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-08, 10:43 PM

Yo that is a sick dizel yall!

My Miniatures Painting Services

http://www.freewebs.com/sagemonkey/

Click it!

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-08, 03:46 AM

true

hey you have my name in your signature... hehe its going great thank you. and the story is at a cliff hanger... did the dropship get away? did the tau gun everything into submission as usual? keep it up and thank you for mentioning me hehe i feel special.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-08, 03:52 AM

ouch

i wonder how the dark eldar felt about those railguns haha that like takeing candy from a baby and then raping the baby and his candy....sorrry
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-08, 04:48 PM

Keep it coming the tau will pull through...eventually
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-08, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. This will be my 100 post on heresy! Anyway on with the story:

La'kunas stopped for breath. His injuries heavily weighed him down. There was little more he could do in this ferocious battle, which would undoubtedly be soon over. La'kunas began to relax in his sheltered crater. Suddenly a enemy craft, nearly identical to the one which inflicted great casualties among the Kroot, what felt so long ago, screeched down at a suicidal angle, pulling up at the last moment to skim along the ground. Directly for La'kunas. The scrapping of the hooked chains along the ground sounded like La'kunas' squads death screams. La'kunas began to feel fear. He glanced over to his rescuing Broadsides, but they were otherwise engaged. Shots danced along the floor mesmerising La'kunas then striking his leg and breaking a vital component in his pulse rifle. In desperation he searched himself for a weapon, any weapon...

I've decided to end this one on a cliffhanger, mainly as I don't want to do any more. Next part soon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode