Horus Heresy - The Emperors Foresight - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-09, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Default Horus Heresy - The Emperors Foresight

Preperation

It had been over two weeks since the entire contingent of the Adeptus Custodes were back on Terra. Much had happened during the last few months. The Ullanor crusade was finally over and a great victory was won for the Imperium, the Primarch Horus was newly appointed Warmaster, to become the Emperors proxy in his stead with much anger and frustration from the other Primarchs his newly named Legion “The Sons of Horus” this new title and new name for the Legion raised some eye brows from high ranking officials within the Imperium, some were wondering whether Horus had acquired too much power so quickly.

Amon stood in his gleaming golden Custodes armour, Guardian spear in hand just outside the Hall of Leng itself. The Emperor had wished to be left alone inside the hall whilst the Custodes stood guard outside, but Constantine high and trusted position had allowed him to be the only one within the inner circle to accompany the Emperor during his private time in the hall. Several hours had passed but finally the huge and ancient doors opened and out stepped this giant demi-god robed all in white, centuries of servitude to the destined leader of mankind and Amon was still awed at the sight of him. His beautiful and regal features, no matter what, the Emperor was always glowing a beacon of knowledge and purity.

Amon remembered seeing the Emperor in his majestic golden armour upon the plains of Nartha, in the thick of battle cut down the mightiest of the Xenos warriors with a flick of his Flaming sword, even in such frenzy the Emperor looked radiant and calm as ever, not even releasing his frightening fury upon his enemies. Sometimes Amon wondered whether such a mighty being as he actually needed the Custodes, or was it that the Custodes needed the Emperor.

Constantine stepped out of the Hall after the Emperor, the Chief custode was a mighty figure himself, one of the first super warriors to be created, he was slightly taller than Amon by an inch of so, he was much broader of course perhaps as broad as the Warmaster himself. As Amon, Constantine and the Emperor walked up to the Inner Palace, none spoke. Clearly the Emperor was deep in thought Constantine did not speak as either, merely surveying the surroundings watching everyone who bowed and walked past. Amon knew full well that he and Constantine were not the only ones guarding the Emperor on his walk back to the inner palace. Two more custodes were walking several paces behind hidden under their falsehoods shielding them from everyone, although their presence were felt, none could see them. Another three more were above them upon the upper walkways of the Palace, if any commotion were to occur in the presence of the Emperor the Custodes would be able to immediately jump and within an instant form a protective ring around his Lordship. Another two groups of three custodes were further up just round the corner, in total perhaps fifteen guards were within the immediate vicinity although any normal bystander should they be observing would be surprised as such as important figure to them looked only to be accompanied by two Custodes.

One of the towers of the Hegemon was the official office of the Custodes; it was within this room that they communicated with the patrol guards as to the whereabouts of the Emperor, it was important to them to know the whereabouts of their Leader at all times to ensure his safety whilst he was in recreation. Although the Emperor had united Terra, there was still resentment from the remaining governing noble houses from pre united Terra, the Emperor kept these noble houses in tact to ensure a better and more peaceful compliance. Although he had conquered them, they were still able to keep some of their power but they were now answerable to him alone. The thought of anyone even thinking of raising a hand to the Emperor infuriated Amon let alone try to assassinate him. Should any of the noble houses upon Terra wish to send an assassin the entire Adeptus Custodes would be upon them within a blink of an eye. Their palaces, guards and servants would be decimated within minutes each and everyone connected with those Houses would have a death sentence upon them. The fury of the Emperor would be unleashed and the Custodes would be his weapons of death and destruction.

When the Emperor retired to his private chambers for refreshments, Amon and Constantine stood within the Office of the Custodes, data was being sent and received at an alarming rate. They did not just keep an eye on the Imperial Palace itself but the whole of Terra itself, some of the information they had acquired was top secret as it would break Imperial Law governing the collection of private data and observations of the Noble Houses. “Is he alright?, he did not utter a single word when he left the Hall,” Amon asked. “He did not speak much to me as well even when we were in the Hall. Something is worrying him I’ve seen it before with him, he was like it when the Primarchs disappeared from the vault chamber,” replied Constantine. “I’m sure we’ll find out eventually what is troubling the Emperor,” said Amon worriedly. “I will take my leave Captain,” and with hat Amon left the Custodian Office and went back to his private quarters.

Amons quarters were situated within the apartment blocks over looking the Qokang Oasis, as a Custode of the first circle, he was granted more privileges than the others, his apartment chambers were relatively simple compared to those of his high ranking neighbours within the Administratum. Amon lived alone, for that was the way of a Custodian Guard, to be alone, a sentinel for the Emperor. Custodians are solitary beings, unlike the elaborate ceremonies of the Astartes, the Custodians armoured themselves, checked their own weapons and got on with things, they were there for the glory of the Emperor and not to seek glory for themselves. He stepped out onto the balcony clothed in a black bodyglove overlooking the beautiful Oasis, “The Imperial Palace was a truly spectacular place, to have been wrought by mortals hands was just a miracle,” Amon thought to himself.

The next morning all the Custodes of the Inner Circle met within the Office, Constantine was at the at the front addressing the group, “We are to leave Terra by 1100 hours , the Emperor is to embark upon a secret Journey. The Emperors personal fleet has been assembled and waiting at the Lunar Docks,” said Constantin. “Are we granted permission to know more about this secret journey?” questioned Haedo. “The Emperor will inform us once we are aboard the “Golden Throne,” replied Constatin. “For now, prepare your armour and weaponry, it is likely we are going to war! You are now dismissed.”

Amon turned to Haedo, “any ideas what this mission could be about?” he asked. “Perhaps the Warmaster can’t cope,” joked Haedo. “Horus is more than capable,” said Amon sharply. “Otherwise the Emperor would not have chosen him as his proxy, failing that Lord Sanguinius would be an equal substitute.” Haedo scowled, “Lord Sanguinius is capable I wont deny that, but I believe he’s a little too relaxed.” “So who would you think was capable then?” asked Amon. “Dorn” Haedo said. “Dorn just wants to do his duty to the Emperor, he does not seek glory to boost his ego unlike some of the other Primarchs, plus he wouldn’t take crap from the likes of the World Eaters Legion or Angron himself. By this point another Custode came to join in the debate, “If you’re talking about who would best be suited to take Horus’s place as Warmaster, then it can only be Sanguinius. Dorn may not take crap from anyone, but he doesn’t have as much respect from all the other legions as Sanguinius or Horus. The custodes of the inner circle clearly had their own thoughts on who was best suited to lead the crusade. After much debate and theories, the Custodes went off to prepare their gear within the House of Weapons, each one armouring themselves as was the tradition.

After much preparation the entire Custodian contingent all ten thousand was finally aboard the massive battleship “The Golden Throne,” the Emperors flagship. The Emperor stood upon the strategium, hovering just above the command deck, with only six members of the First Circle of Custodes. Every warrior within the First Circle were the very first surviving warriors who fought under the direct command of the Emperor during the Unification Wars, each man had earned his place to serve within the presence of the Emperor. “I have foreseen a terrible and cataclysmic event which is about to take place should we not do something about it… that is the reason why I embark upon this journey to prepare the Imperium for War,” the Emperor said with a sad tone in his voice. “My liege, the Imperium is already prepared for war! Your Legions march across the stars conquering planets and systems in your name,” said Mallekin Captain of the 3rd Guardian Squad, he looked older than the other custodes present with a greying beard, more wrinkles around the eyes and forehead than the others. He was however just as fast and lethal if not more so than his younger peers, Mallekin was exceptionally good at hand to hand combat, some say he matched up evenly to the Chief Custode himself, although both warriors never even suggested testing this theory out. “Yes the Imperium has been prepared for war to expand this Empire of Humanity, but that’s not the war I’m talking about Mallekin, what I’m talking about is heresy!” the Emperor declared.

The Custodes looked at each other, confused. How could anyone have the strength to turn against the Emperor, they thought. Even if several Lord Commanders banded together they did not have the power, strength or charisma to carry out such a rebellion against the Emperor. He had twenty Astartes Legion waiting to decimate anything he ordered them to, the Emperor also had command of the Titan Legions, Sisters of Silence, the custodes themselves and not forgetting the Imperial Army and Navy as well. “My Lord, no one has the strength or will power to even contest against your might?!” said Constantin. Emperor sighed, “Horus” he said bluntly. “But my Lord your favoured son is ever loyal to you and to you alone, even if he did turn… his Brothers would never join him, they would all crush him immediately,” said Amon. The Emperor looked at each of his warriors in turn and said sadly; “I have foreseen it, Horus will turn should we lay idle. I must go on the offensive even if it should be against my own sons, for the survival of our race must I do this.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-09, 02:57 AM
Boondock Shogun

Shogun_Nate's Flag is: USA

Good stuff bud! Hope to see more soon

Good luck and good gaming,

Nate

"If you can't stun them with your tactical brilliance, baffle them with your superior grasp of BS."

"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAllFather View Post
Well, seeing as how you capitalize your characters, use proper grammar and punctuation, I'd say you qualify.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-09, 08:54 AM

waltzmelancholy_07's Flag is: Philipines

20 Astartes Legions?... So the 2nd and 11th are still present?... Expecting more my friend

Last edited by waltzmelancholy_07; 06-20-09 at 12:39 AM.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-09, 01:56 PM

CaptainLoken's Flag is: Wales

Liked this can not wait for the next parts

We are charged with the reunification of mankind, throughout the stars, in the name of the Emperor. We seek to establish compliance amongst all the fragmentary and disparate strands. Most greet us like the lost brothers we are. You resisted.’
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-09, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for your support, i can only hope to continue writing a good story... Any comments will be appreciated and taken into consideration as the story progresses.

Here is a the next part of the story:

__________________________________________________ _______________

Allegiance

“No Please don’t kill me!” Begged the turn coat Governor of Valarma II who was lying on his back with a bolt pistol to his face. The Astartes who was standing over the governor looked at him with a smirk. This Astartes was like the others of the Night Lords Legion, pale skin, dark hair although some did shave their hair off and have tattoos imprinted upon their scalp to make them even more terrifying. Captain Ezron of the 9th Company stood behind the Astartes staring at the terrified old man who was begging for his life. “Governor Wellex,” the captain said in a playful tone, “after all these years of serving under the Imperium you should have known that your little rebellion would not last long.” The Governor stuttered, “I, please… I did not have control of myself… Please! Don’t kill me I repent! The Captain bent down so he was face to face with the Governor, their faces only a couple of inches apart. “Traitors need to be taught a lesson Governor, and we’re going to go to work on you,” the Captain whispered to him with a sinister smile upon his face. Ezron stood up and said; “Boys… lets have some fun!” The other Astartes within the room all jeered for the torture and public execution of the Governor.

Two Astartes in midnight blue armour took the governor through a door which lead to what looked like a large sports stadium of some sort. The Governor looked around him, every where there were people it seemed the Night Lords legion had herded up all remaining people within the Capital city to this stadium, some seventy thousand people were packed inside, cowering, sobbing and holding one another. Each and every one of these people had a look of fear upon their faces as the Night Lords Astartes walked amongst them silently with their Boltguns in hand. The heavy weapons squads were placed upon the top of the stadium ready to shower the civilians with exploding shells and bullets should any of these civilians even decide to defy the Legion.

Within the centre of the stadium was a raised platform, so everyone within the stadium could see. Upon the raised platforms stood five large figures the central figure was taller and broader than the others, this was the Primarch Konrad Curze. His armour was a gleaming black colour adorned with skulls of past conquests, bat like wings were guilded into his armour. The Primarch of the eighth legion was truly terrifying, his jet black long hair and pale skin resembled somewhat of a Vampire a mythical creature thought of in ancient Terra. If not his armour or his menacing but silent face then his immense stature was enough to frighten even the bravest of Warriors. The Governor was dragged through the crowd kicking and screaming to the central platform, this was Curze’s psychological plan on the people, and it worked everyone was now even more terrified, none would touch the Governor, all backed away from him.

Curze smirked to himself, less than a week ago this pompous old man had been loved and adored by all these people. They cheered him as he defied the Imperium and its laws. Now however the tables had turned, none would help him for they were too terrified, how easily mortal men fall he thought to himself. The four Astartes that stood with the Primarch chained up Governor Wellex to a large pole with the golden Aquila atop it. Next the Astartes poured some liquid on the Governors face and shoulders, Wellex immediately screamed and bits of his skin were burning away or dropping off the people within the stadium sat transfixed on their leader unable to move or even look away as he screamed for his life. Half the skin around his jaw burnt away from acid erosion or just dropped off. Gums and teeth were now visible, next the four Astartes poured some more liquid on the Governor. “Watch now!” Curze screamed at the crowd, “as your beloved and rebellious governor burns for his treachery!” raising his arms up to the sky like some sort of sacrifice. The Governor immediately went ablaze everyone could see the squirming body of the Governor and the muffled screams, many cried at the sight, some screamed and went crazy until an Astartes shot a bullet to their head and blew the skull apart. Let this be a lesson to you all!” shouted Curze, “Traitors will not be tolerated within the Imperium, the Night Lords shall see to it.” Within that instant mutilated bodies dropped from the skies as Thunderhawks overhead dropped the dead traitor soldiers from their hull. There was screaming and anarchy as the people tried to move around so they would not get hit by the falling bodies or come into close contact with them. Curze stood with his captains hands still raised in the air, with his eyes closed listening to the horrifying screams of men, women and children. “My Lord, do you want us to exterminate them?” asked Zso Sahaal. The Primarch lowered his hands and opened his eyes, “No! My Father is on his way here. We must be ready for him…”

“We are breaking into the System as of now, my Lord” said the communications officer. The Emperor nodded to him from the strategium. Constantin turned to the Emperor, “What are your plans for Curze my Lord? “I will speak to him,” answered the Emperor. “He is my son, and for all his strange behaviours I do believe he is loyal to me.” Constantin hesitated but then spoke out; “My Lord you have not forgotten about the reports of mass slaughtering of civilians his Legion has committed.” No, Constantin I haven’t” replied the Emperor with a slight anger in his tone. “The universe we live in is not straight forward, nor is it black or white. As of now there will be things that must be forgiven and overseen if we are to achieve our plans. The Emperor turned and faced Constantin, placing his beautiful hands upon the Warriors shoulder guard, “My friend, there will be upcoming events and decisions made which will be hard to bear upon the heart, I want you to know that what ever happens, I do it for the good of all Humanity. Will you follow despite what horrors and deeds I do?”

Constantin was shocked, that the Emperor could even think that his closest and most loyal servant would even think about turning form the Emperors light. “My Lord, no matter what I will serve you as I have always done with pure and utter devotion to your will.”

It took roughly 48 hours for the Emperors fleet to reach the position of Night Lords fleet. The Golden Throne hailed the Umbrea Insidior, Konrad Curze’s flagship, after several communications exchanges Konrad Curze formally known as Night Haunter boarder the Golden Throne to reunite with his father again. The Doors of the Thunderhawk opened, and Curze’s honour guard marched, finally Curze stepped out last. The Emperor was waiting out on the landing decks, with only Constantin and Amon or so seemed. The landing decks had Custodes positions all around each with a clear view of their leader. In total there were probably ten Custodes wearing falsehoods.

As Curze stepped out and onto the landing deck he immediately sensed the Custodes under their falsehoods, the Honour guard split into two lines facing each other and dropped to their knees. “Father!” Curze said walking to his Father, hands outstretched ready to embrace him. The Emperor and his son were the tallest beings in the Command deck towering over everyone save the two Custodes with their high crested helmets. The two might demi-gods embraced, Zso Sahaal who was part of the Honour Guard stole a quick glance to see the happiness fill his Primarchs face once again. To him the Primarch was always dark and terrifying, unable to make out his Masters mood as it would change instantly from one extreme to the other, now however being in the Emperors presence, the Primarch looked radiant an almost angelic white glow upon his skin. Sahaal remembered on a number of occasions hearing the Primarch say to himself; “I am the Emperors instrument of fear and death” over and over again just before descending into battle.

The Honour guard followed the Primarch to the doors of the Emperors private chambers aboard the ship which was called the Inner Sanctum. It was at these doors that none passed through unless by special request of the Emperor. Constantin and Amon did not follow into the Sanctum either; they turned and stood on either side of the doors facing the Honour Guard. Zso Sahaal was amazed at how similar the custodes looked to the Astartes and yet remained completely different from them, as they were kin of some sort, like cousins.

“Honour Guards of the Eighth Legion, you may rest and wait for your master at the Food Halls, Access beyond this point is strictly forbidden,” said Constantin Within that instant a small Adept came into view, “Ahem… My Lords, I am here to guide you to the Food Halls,” he said with a smile, however he could not hide the sheer terror written in his eyes. The Small group of Honour Guards turned round and followed the Adept silently. These were the captains and champions of the Night Haunter, they were adorned with more skulls and spikes and bat wings upon their armour than the other Night Lords Astartes. They were a truly terrifying looking contingent.

The Inner Sanctum was beautifully decorated, the ceilings covered in fresco’s with gold guilding around the edges. Beautifully carved statues stood around the edges of the room. The floor was made of a beautiful creamy marble paving. At one end of the huge room was a large double stairway also made with marble that lead to the upper deck of the Inner Sanctum. Curze followed his father to the seating area and sat down on a chair opposite him. The Emperor had said nothing since they walked into the Inner Sanctum, he was now pouring red wine into two golden goblets and passed one to the Curze. “You know Konrad…” “Please Father call me Night Haunter” Curze interrupted. “Very Well, Night Haunter” Said the Emperor. “You know you can trust me completely? Don’t you?” He asked. Curze looked down, unable to speak as his mouth and throat went dry. The images of his nightmare surged into his consciousness. He dropped the goblet and put his hands to his head as it was now throbbing and the nightmares were coming back. The Emperor grabbed Curze’s hands and pulled them away from his head as Curze’s fingernails were digging into his face and scalp making him bleed. The Emperor looked deep into Curze’s eyes, for a brief moment he saw what Curze saw, he understood now what was plaguing his son and slowly driving him insane. As soon as Curze opened his eyes nad looked into his fathers glowing face the nightmares stopped. The Emperor placed his hands delicately around Curze’s temple and Curze could feel energy flowing through his entire body, a warm feeling was building up around him. He felt relaxed and unexpectedly he felt happy and safe. The Emperor whispered to him, “You are safe now Night Haunter. You are in your Fathers presence, and I will protect you,” the Emperors words softly echoed around the Curze’s mind. “As long as you pledge your allegiance to me, you will always be safe.” With those words Curze opened his eyes, and small tears ran down his cheeks. “Father, ever since you came into my life I have been plagued by visions of death, and I… I feel ashamed to say that I had visions that you would turn your back on me and order my death,” Curze said, “I will gladly pledge my Oath of Allegiance to you and you alone.” With that the Emperor stood up and Curze bent on one knee, “To You Father, I pledge my allegiance. I am yours to command, you instrument of Death. I will do what ever you ask, slay whom ever you ask. The Emperors hands touched the tip of Curze’s forehead and said; “Konrad Curze, Night Haunter I accept your Oath of allegiance. You will be honour bound and only in death are you free.”

__________________________________________________ _______________

Any ideas of where you would want the Emperor to go next, which Primarch to bring to his side?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-19-09, 06:04 PM

Can not wait for the next one!!!!
Pure class.

We are charged with the reunification of mankind, throughout the stars, in the name of the Emperor. We seek to establish compliance amongst all the fragmentary and disparate strands. Most greet us like the lost brothers we are. You resisted.’
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-20-09, 01:03 AM

How about Alpharius or Magnus?... Nice work!
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

The Emperor stood no the landing deck with Amon and Constatine at his side, watching his now ever loyal son board the Thunderhawk back to the Umbrea Insidior. “Do you think he will stay loyal? Amon asked. “Yes, now that I have blocked his ability of foresight,” replied the Emperor. “Curze does not understand how to use the gift of foresight, had I not removed that gift from him, he would have gone deeper into a depraved state.” The Thunderhawk now took off into the cold darkness of space. “What about the burning and torture of the people on Valarma II my lord? asked Constatin. “I shall leave Curze to do his job,” the Emperor now turned to his two Custodes. “By letting Curze do what he does best, when Horus turns against us, he will assume that Curze and the Night Lords will be an easy target, and most likely contact them last of all the other legions to join his side. When the time is right, I will call the Night Lords and they shall strike while Horus’s back is turned.” An instrument of death and destruction the Emperor thought to himself.

6 Weeks Later

“Brother Hiroshi! I want your heavy weapons squad on that hill to give Kenji Squad some fire cover!” roared Captain Haji of the First Company. “Yes Captain!” replied Hiroshi. “Right my brothers, up on that hill! Double time!” The second Astartes Legion, the Death Kings had battled ferociously for almost a month with the Xenos creatures that came to be known as Zamcas. This highly sophisticated race had humanoid shaped bodies but their heads resembled the look of Lions, with big golden manes. They were bigger of course than normal humans, their warriors were as large as a fully armoured Astartes but when a Zamcas Warrior had his full body armour on, his bulk was immense. Strong, ferocious and incredibly intelligent, they had decimated almost the entire Imperial Guard contingent that went with the Death Kings Legion.

Over three hundred thousand Imperial Guardsmen had been slaughtered within the first couple of weeks, they were over powered. The remaining soldiers were transported back to the 320th Fleet and the planet of the Zamcas designated Three Twenty Sixteen, the sixteenth planet to be conquered by the 320th expedition fleet had decided to do a full orbital bombardment of the planet. Huge cities of the Zamcas had been obliterated but there were still several strong points around the planet. The Death Kings had no choice but to put their full Legion to this campaign.

Over thirty thousand Astartes descended upon the planet, ready to crush the Xenos filth. As soon as Brother Hiroshi’s Devastator Squad got upon the high hill and launched their bombardment of the enemy lines, Kenji Assault Squad launched straight into the Enemy lines, with their lightning claws ready, they ripped into the Zamcas Warriors. Sergeant Tenchi of Kenji Squad went full throttle and rammed his lightning claws into two enormous Zamcas Warriors on either side of him and ripped them apart. The Death Kings specialised with close weapons combat, but using Heavy Weapons support to distract the enemy whilst their assault squads launched their close quarters attack. Sergeant Tenchi elbowed one Zamcas warrior in the face with his left arm, stunning the creature and then swung his right arm and stabbing the Zamcas with his lightning claws, the claws sliced through the top half the of warriors face, the head came apart cleanly. Despite the enormous size and sheer power of the Zamcas, the Death Kings were terribly swift.

They fought fluidly ducking and swerving with ease from the punches and claws of the Xenos warriors, the Zamcas warriors so far did not carry any hand to hand combat weapon but big massive assault rifles, bigger than an Astartes Boltgun. Kenji Squad tore through the Zamcas line with such ease, as the Xenos were tightly packed together, within moments the Zamcas were backing away and some even retreating back to their stronghold. Sergeant Tenchi was about to launch into the Zamcas again, when in front of him a bright light appeared out of no where, at first he thought someone had thrown a flash grenade to stun them, but within seconds Tenchi saw him… The “Shogun” Primarch of the second Legion. He called himself Ronin, the Masterless swordsman of TakaHama, the home planet of the Death Kings, the greatest warrior to have come from that Planet.

The Primarch stood there alone, clothed in his usual plain black armour. Unadorned by any trophies or insignia, lightning claws in hand, waiting for the enemy to come charging towards him, but for some reason none of the Zamcas moved, they stood to the spot unable to look away from the dark Primarch. Within a blink of an eye the Primarch had moved from being in front of Kenji Squad to breaking into the line of Zamcas. The Xenos warriors were being ripped apart in seconds, heads, arms, legs, torsos were flying everywhere. Thick crimson blood was spurting everywhere, the Primarch was drenched in it. Ten, twenty Zamcas warriors ripped apart within minutes. Kenji squad did nothing but stare in awe at the speed at which The Shogun was slaughtering his victims, for they were not foes for foes would actually put up some sort of fight, no these were victims unaware of their up and coming death, they did not even have time to raise their hands before the claws sunk deep into their limbs or torso and sliced right through.

“Kenji Squad!” Shouted Captain Haji through the vox channel, “Don’t just stand there help the Primarch, rip these Xenos filth into submission.” Captain Tenchi quickly regained his focus, “For Death and Glory” he shouted to his Brothers, and Kenji squad quickly regained their composure and joined in on the slaughtering. Within fourty minutes the battlefield was a swamp of blood, flesh, bones and hair. The stronghold of the Zamcas had several huge holes in its walls where the Imperial Army tanks had battered it with their Canons, the only Imperial army units left on the planet. The death figures of the Legion were counted, Two thousand Astartes dead, and three hundred and fifty two were injured. On the Zamcas side Twenty Thousand Zamcas warriors were littered all over the battlefield. None of their dead bodies were whole. Three hundred and Twenty Zamcas warriors were left alive, they were all lined up and on both knees, with their heads bowed. The Shogun paced up and down the line observing them as he passed. No one could make out what the Shogun was thinking, when he had his helm on. The Shogun then stopped in the middle of the line, “You are a brave species, I will give you that… however your defeat was inevitable.” None of the Zamcas looked up at the Primarch all keeping their eyes fixed firmly on the ground. The Zamcas had their own language, however they had traded with Humans throughout their short history and had come to learn the tongues of men and were fluent in it. “You have but two choices,” the Primarch continued. “You can die by your own hands and retain your honour or you can lose all honour and disgrace your race by allowing us the pleasure of killing you, up to you,” he said softly, with a hint of delight in his tone. Sergeant Tenchi, could not make out the true character of his Leader. Unlike the other Primarchs the Shogun had shown no warm feelings to his legion, there was no camaraderie, the Legion was there to obey and to carry out executions on Xenos species. Tenchi remembered that the Shogun did not even show any emotion to his fellow brothers, standing slightly apart form them during the Parade on Ullanor after the Emperor’s and the Warmaster’s victory over the Green skins. The Zamcas Warriors did not move, clearly they did not want to die that day but wished to be spared. The Shogun took off his Helm, his face looked young but stern, smooth and slightly tanned with long raven black hair that came down to his shoulders. The Shogun was a handsome being, but stern and cold was his way. What made The Shogun so special was that he was incredibly quick and smooth in dispatching his opponents, he was tall, taller than any Astartes but slightly shorter than the Warmaster, not as broad as Lord Angron, but slender like Lord Fulgrim and perhaps slightly faster than all of them. The Primarch towered over the Zamcas, “You will die here and now, make your choice for I lose patience!” None moved. “Captain Haji, kill these insolent filth!” The Zamcas looked up in despair, within an instant all of them dead with bolt rounds ripping through their brains.

A voice broke through the vox channel; “My Lord Ronin” said a voice. “Yes?” answered the Shogun. “This is the Eternal Blade, your presence is requested immediately.” “And who with the authority requests my presence?” A few seconds pass, “The Emperor, my lord.” The Astartes were shocked, looking at one another. Wasn’t the Emperor supposed to be back on Terra?! They all thought. “I will come right away,” answered the Shogun. “Captain Haji!” shouted the Shogun, “My Lord?” replied the Captain. “You and Captain Miyoto will secure the garrison while I’m away. Have the other captains report to you on their progress and we will speak when I arrive back tomorrow.” With those words, the Shogun teleported back onto the battle barge. The Primarch was instantly teleported back onto the Strategium, when he regained his focus, he saw his Radiant and glowing father in front of him, the Shogun immediately dropped to his knees and bowed his head. “Ronin please stand, no need for formalities,” said the Emperor. The Shogun stood and embraced his father, the hug was long for Ronin had missed his father terribly. The Emperor was the only being Ronin felt he could connect with, the only one worthy of his service. “What honour brings you here Father?” questioned Ronin. “Come we must talk in private, then I shall reveal why I am here. “

The two walked off to the Shoguns private chambers, they both sat down on the sofas. Ronin poured some wine for himself and his Father and sipped the sweet drink. “Ronin, I have come to you in haste. This is a secret journey I embark upon, to prepare for a coming war which will consume the entire Imperium.” Ronin did not understand what his father meant, “You have foreseen a mighty a war? What Xenos foe is this that we are to war with? The Emperor stood up and paced the room, “Ronin, would you defy any of your Brothers should they threaten the Imperium in anyway?” Ronin was even more confused, “Of course Father if I really had to. I mean I know I’m not close with any of them… But it would have to be something big for me to wage a war against any of them, why?” Ronin asked curiously. “Ronin at the moment I embark upon a journey to find out which of my sons will remain loyal to me, which ones will pledge their undying allegiance to me.” Ronin hesitantly said, “Father are you talking of treachery?” The Emperor nodded, he turned and stared deep into Ronin eyes, Ronin could feel the Emperors presence deep within his very core, within his Soul. “There will be a heresy of great magnitude Ronin, some of your brothers will turn against me and against Mankind, I do not quite know who will turn but I need to know, I must know if you will follow me to what ever ends?” Ronin was shocked at the thought of his brothers betraying his father, it actually made him feel sick deep inside. He looked up at his Father, “What would you have me do?” The Emperor paused in thought for a moment and then asked, “How many Astartes do you have in your Legion at the moment?” “Under thirsty thousand after this campaign,” Ronin answered. “Then after this campaign, you are to take leave and head back to TakaHama and from there build up your Legion. Send information through to the Imperial Data Banks, from there the heretics will look upon the information you have provided and more than likely they will wish to contact you. Do not make contact with me until the heretics have unveiled themselves to you, the more distance we create, the more likely it is they will be open to you.” “So you wish me to join up with the heretics?” asked Ronin. The Emperor smiled; “Yes join, learn their plan and everything you can, however do not contact me, I will more than likely task Amon to contact you and gather up the information for me.” The Emperor looked into his sons eyes and placed his hand upon Ronins shoulder guard, “For the survival of mankind we must do this.”
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-21-09, 09:46 PM

Loving the third part there dude.
One thing though was the Imperial Guard not called the Imperial Army until after the HH?

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-22-09, 12:06 AM

Nice touch on the 2nd Legion... Excited about the 11th... Rep... Or not... Got to spread rep first...

Last edited by waltzmelancholy_07; 06-22-09 at 12:16 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode