Cryptek's Log - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-17, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Feed

Default Cryptek's Log

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,492++

Awoke from hibernation today. Joints feel a little creaky, but otherwise all functions appear to be in order. Was dreaming about the time my leg was damaged and I had to hop everywhere until I could repair it. Not that much of a hassle in reality, but a rather dull dream to be having for sixty million years. All my stuff has shifted a few inches to the left of where I left it, but I guess that's tectonic shift for you.

Took a walk around the tomb complex to see who else was awake, pretty much just me and the scarabs for the time being. Spyders looked like they stopped functioning approximately four thousand two hundred and twenty six years ago due to a system error. I've penciled in to give them a look over sometime in the next eighty years if time permits. Something seems odd about the main audience chamber. I double checked the command protocols, sleeper routines and backup files, and about 80% of all systems are still functioning. Not sure what we've lost yet, but once the rest of the system gets into gear I'll soon figure it out.

I'm glad I set my own hibernation routine independent of the rest of this place.

Oh, took a look outside as well. Sky's blue. Could have sworn it was purple when we went under...

++Entry Ended++
Myen'Tal and ntaw like this.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-17, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,493++

Startup systems are underway. The Immortals are awakening relatively efficiently, moreso than the lychguard at least. Backup power generation for the lychguard quarter wasn't starting up, so I went to investigate. Found the whole section underneath a magma current, systems are irreparable. May still be able to recover the lychguards' bodies, but they aren't going to be, well, themselves. At all. I anticipate His Majesty will be rather pissed off when he wakes up.

Also noticed the hangar was a bit dusty. Most likely because of the spyders going defunct as I mentioned earlier, but after a few test runs they all seem to be still working bar one of the ghost arcs. Penciled in to look for a spare power cell, estimated time within the next two centuries. Also noticed that magma flow had run underneath the chamber and cooked the automated systems. Most are easy enough to reprogram, but the blades are worthless now. Yet another thing to piss off our grand overlord...

Which reminds me, I need to check up on the warrior legions. I don't remember reading a signal from that section of the complex...

++Entry Ended++

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-17, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,494++

Warrior systems are functioning, but the link upload to my main terminal is fried by magma. I've decided it's probably a good thing we woke up when we did. Another century or two and we could have all been lost to this damn lava. I'll be glad when everyone's up and we can move to the secondary headquarters.

His Majesty's subroutines have started up, and his court is starting to stir as well. Bunch of pretentious tightasses, I am not looking forward to this. Since they refused to hire more than one cryptek, this whole clusterfuck of a situation is going to be pinned on me, and it's gonna take forever to fix. And that's in between all their dick waving and whining as well. All the memories are starting to come back, and it's always inane crap like "Why is his staff taller" or "make my face gold" or some such crap.

I'm starting to wish the royal chambers had collapsed rather than the lychguard. Oh well. I've got a few squads of immortals running around on cleaning duty so at least the place won't look like a total disaster when the masters turn up and pretend they care about all the necrons that didn't get to wake up.

I've got half a mind to bring out all the tesseract vaults and see what's in them. I'm sure we had a Nightbringer shard in one of them, but I'm also just now remembering that none of the damn things were labeled. With any luck there might be some living things up on the planet surface we can test them out on. Must remember to take my engraver so I can mark what's in each cube.

++Entry Ended++
Shandathe likes this.

Last edited by Serpion5; 03-08-17 at 09:19 AM.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-17, 03:20 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Loving this.
Serpion5 likes this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-17, 07:21 PM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Love it !
Serpion5 likes this.

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-17, 09:04 PM

A cool read to be sure, never really read anything from the necron perspective before pretty interesting keep it up man!
Serpion5 likes this.

Be warned he who looks not where he walks for he may find himself facing death itself.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-17, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,495++

Went back to the throne room to pretty it up before His Majesty's arrival. Something still feels different about the place but I still can't quite figure it out. Gathered all the tesseract vaults as well for later sorting, there were six in total. For some reason I'm not sure if there used to be seven, but I'll worry about that later.

Finally got the systems to start up the tomb blades functional again, will need to screen the warriors to find suitable pilots. I remember a proposal I made before the sleep to install immortals on them instead of warriors, but I never could find a volunteer. Reminded me of another proposal I had to expand immortal command frameworks but His Majesty was pretty adamant that I not make his soldiers too smart. He should be exercising that kind of paranoia about his own court.

I've tried placing automated chronometron relays around to slow the magma flow around the place, but scarabs and immortals keep getting caught in them during their patrols. There's no way I'm going to reprogram every single patrol protocol so for the time being I'll just have to fish them out over the course of my own errands. My staff needs recharging after just a few days being active so I have nothing to do for the next two hours anyway. Perhaps I'll go see to those spyders after all...

++Entry Ended++

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-17, 11:37 AM

God dammit i want more!, i want to wait so the whole things there but at the same time keep reading as it comes out

Be warned he who looks not where he walks for he may find himself facing death itself.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-17, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,496++

Got the spyders working again. Everything seems fine except for one whose internal map has fallen out of calibration. Now it thinks everything is roughly two meters further east and keeps bumping into walls. It'll take a fair bit of doing to re-calibrate it, so for now I've just named it Clunk and hung a caution sign on it.

All the immortals started converging on the audience chamber. The protocols make them do this whenever there's a royal or a noble there, so if I had to guess I'd say His Majesty or his court or maybe all of them are preparing for their first assembly. Gonna try and steer clear of this one and hope to get some more errands done before they remember that I exist and start demanding things.

Two of my chronometron relays have failed since yesterday. Did some investigating and found out that we have a flayer infestation. They're crafty if they've managed to stay hidden for this long, but if the court finds out they'll lose their minds. Some of them literally, especially if the virus gets a foothold here. I'll need to see about procuring some canoptek wraiths if I can book a trip to the next tomb complex over. Spyders can handle the flayers but they're just not fast enough to catch them, especially with Clunk tipping off everything around him before he even gets close...

++Entry Ended++
Haskanael likes this.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-17, 07:22 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
It'll take a fair bit of doing to re-calibrate it, so for now I've just named it Clunk and hung a caution sign on it.
Serpion5 likes this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode