Cryptek's Log - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-17, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Everything seems fine except for one whose internal map has fallen out of calibration. Now it thinks everything is roughly two meters further east and keeps bumping into walls. It'll take a fair bit of doing to re-calibrate it, so for now I've just named it Clunk and hung a caution sign on it.
Clunk's the real hero of this story already i can feel it. #MakeClunkGreatAgain
Serpion5 likes this.

Be warned he who looks not where he walks for he may find himself facing death itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-17, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,497++

Well it finally happened. Court had their first assembly and I finally figured out what was wrong with the throne room. Turns out the throne had gone missing and none of the immortals knew which way to face. In hindsight it was rather obvious that it wasn't there, but generally I only look at the power systems and change light bulbs in that chamber. And the chamber is huge. It's not as though I have throne checking duty. I hate getting yelled at for things that have nothing to do with me. "Whar's me throne" he cries, and I'm all like "I dunno man, maybe the scarabs ate it." Well... They are programmed to feed as necessary to maintain themselves.

And that's not even the worst of it. The third lord from the top, can never remember his name, started having a whine about his command barge not working. I swear the thing was functioning perfectly when I went through the hangar the other day. If I had any real authority I'd bar him from operating anything more complex than a hyperphase sword, but knowing my luck he'd still find a way to do something stupid. So now I have a missing possibly eaten throne to find and a barge to fix, all on top of fixing Clunk's head parts and convincing His Majesty that we need to move pretty much everything to a less magma ridden location.

Oh I hope to all logic that nobody has any run ins with the flayers...

++Entry Ended++

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-17, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,498++

After most of a day searching through protocol backlogs, seems apparent that the scarabs did in fact eat the throne. As well as two night scythes, a bunch of spare parts for command barges and that missing tesseract vault I wasn't sure about. Not sure what happened to the c'tan shard inside that thing, but it isn't tearing its way around here so I guess it's either dead or just flew off somewhere. So now building a throne has been added to my list of errands.

I should just put a chronometron network around the whole place, freeze time and get everything done before they can pile more things on for me to worry about. Or I'd love to, but my pay won't cover things that fancy. On the plus side, my staff is finally functioning at full capacity so I should be able to get things done quicker than before.

As much as I would like to get the throne over and done with, I need to get a head start on this flayer issue first. I'm gonna need to update the sensor arrays, since flayers only tend to hang around when there are living beings present. Haven't got wind of anything down here, which means there's probably something on the surface. His Majesty will likely declare a crusade against whatever's up there when he finds out, and if war breaks out it will be impossible to stop them from noticing the flayers around. There must be a more discreet solution. I'm gonna have to go up there, capture something to use as bait and stick it under a rigged net or something...

++Entry Ended++

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-17, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,499++

So after a quick scout around up on the surface, turns out there's humans up there. I don't remember these things being around before we went to sleep, but then again it has been sixty millions years or so. I captured one, probed its memories and did a quick physical exam. Forgot how disgusting flesh things were, but it's exactly the sort of creature that the flayers would come here for. So I took it to a secluded section of the complex and left it in a containment field with temporal snares set at intervals in the corridors leading to it. With any luck I'll get rid of at least some of the flayers that have been hanging around.

This has at least freed me up to take care of some other things. I managed to scrap one of the older ghost arcs and use the materials to make His Majesty a nice big throne, and with the extra materials I put together three more for when the other dinguses in the court inevitably ask for new thrones for themselves. At least they're somewhat nicer to me for a while when they want something. But even at their worst they're not too bad really. I think what happened last time they tried to fire a cryptek kind of put them off getting too full of themselves. They never did find out what happened to the sixth lord of the court, but it got me some bigger living quarters.

On that note, His Majesty is utterly refusing to relocate to a new homeworld. I keep telling him the magma situation is getting worse, and he keeps just telling me to fix it. I don't have the resources to reconfigure a planet's geothermic reactions and tectonic plate shift, so that leaves me having to perform one temporary fix after another. It's frustrating.

Oh, and Clunk knocked over a rack of tesla carbines and electrocuted seventeen immortals. So now I have that to deal with too...

++Entry Ended++

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-17, 11:14 PM

Clunk had an extremely good reason for it i'm sure, maybe they were giving you a dirty look and he was defending you XD

Be warned he who looks not where he walks for he may find himself facing death itself.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-17, 02:01 AM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

, keep it up !

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-17, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,500++

A sizeable earthquake collapsed part of the hangar today and left two ghost arks ruined. I'll be able to fix them eventually, but for the time being I'm just using what's left of them to prop up a section of the hangar from collapsing further. His Majesty wasn't happy, and said he expected a more elegant solution than that. I told him I'd be happy to, but he'd need to put more immortals at my command. He said my solution was fine.

One of the lords has been pestering me almost nonstop for upgrades to his armour and inbuilt weapons systems. I keep telling him I really don't have the time, and he keeps asking me if I'm ready yet after barely an hour has passed. You'd think existing for a few hundred million years would do a thing or two for a person's patience, but you'd be wrong. He's asking me to build him a newer fancier body. I really don't wanna do it. I mean I really really don't wanna do it, but when he started persistently checking up on me in my lab it got to me. So I stuck a cape and a crown on a spare immortal chassis and hung it in a suspension field, told him I was working on it and said I'd let him know when it's done. He's left me alone since then, but now he's going around bragging about his upcoming new body. This is gonna lead to a flood of demands from the rest of the court, I just know it.

My flayer traps have caught about fifteen flayers so far. I'm not really sure what to do with them yet, so for now I'm just leaving them in frozen time pockets until I can find a suitable world to release them back into the wild. This is why I need wraiths, so I can send them on scouting forays and track down worlds that still have eldar living on them. Flayers would love living on a planet where they can prey on those pompous bastards...

++Entry Ended++

Last edited by Serpion5; 05-01-17 at 10:25 AM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-17, 01:45 PM

I need moar dammit, i must know what happens to my beloved Clunk!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Feed

++Cryptek's Log, Entry no. 12,554,775,501++

So Braggy McBragface has finally gotten to me after asking me one too many times when his new body would be ready. Figuring that there wouldn't be a long term solution until his mind was in a new body, I told him it was ready. Transferred his mind into a scarab. I'm sure he's pretty pissed off, but since his new body is slaved to subroutines under my command, he can't really do much except clean the dust off the floor and shelves. Now and then he headbutts my foot. I've renamed him Clink and made a note to re-assign him to the scarab hive in Clunk's rear next chance I get. I doubt anyone else in the court will miss him.

Another eleven flayers are sitting in temporal snares awaiting relocation, but I still can't get enough free time to scout for a new planet for them. If worse comes to worse I'll just make a quick flight through the Dolmen Gate and toss them wherever. That place is confusing so I doubt they'll find their way back and if we're all lucky they'll find some eldar to follow home instead.

His Majesty demanded I awaken the monoliths. I told him doing that would give away a huge energy signature and likely attract the attention of any number of nearby hostile forces. He still doesn't know that there are damn humans on the surface, and I haven't had time to analyze their technology levels yet. But he doesn't care. I swear sometimes it's as though royalty and childish petulance go hand in hand. I'm gonna try and stall for a day or two before I start the awakening process so I can get a better look at what's up there, but I already have a bad feeling about this...

++Entry Ended++

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode