The End - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-12-08, 04:50 AM

CommissarHorn's Flag is: Russia

Just write it yourself, if you can't wait.

Alle's Klar? Herr Kommissar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-12-08, 10:35 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

go for it. better make it a good one...*cough*you should bring the original characters back*cough*...

CP

The Founding Fields

post #43 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-12-08, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Great work everyone! I was a little suprised when a chapter popped up from nowhere but things have turned out well.
This is pretty much what I had in mind when I started the thread, not story wise but how things have started to snowball. When someone reads a story they will see that world in a unique way based on their own interpretation of what's been written.
I was really interested to see what would happen when you place a story into a relatively unknown arena, to be honest, I'm impressed.
Keep up the good work people!

Norm

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

post #44 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-13-08, 09:36 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Here Here!

much enjoyed,

CP

The Founding Fields

post #45 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-13-08, 10:26 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

Apologies for jumping in but I feel it's necessary to consolidate something and that something for me is that the Emperor is indeed still alive. It would be the only acceptable plot line for so many loyal chapters to have followed.

So without further ado, meanwhile back on Terra...

Multiple resounding cracks filled the air as Lascannon fire scarred the pillars of the corridors deep within the Golden Palace. Bolter fire instantly barked back a reply barely seconds later. The Astartes fighting a retreating battle were hard pressed but held their ground nonetheless. Since the coalition was founded this inner sanctum had held. Chosen by the coalition itself for its expertise and aided by the Adeptus Custodes they were charged with the defence of the Holy True Emperor himself. Working with limited resources and almost zero knowledge of the enemy the Astartes had turned what seemed to be an obvious defeat into a hardfought inch by inch firefight. Terminators strode through the corridors shredding and burning all who dared assault them, Scouts ran infiltrated into the most dangerous of locations, carefully setting booby traps for enemy forces to fall into. But all the while, Astartes with Boltgun stood their ground, stubborn in their attitude, pouring ceaseless rounds into the enemy, fighting for every scrap of ground with Chainsword, Hand, Foot and even Betcher's Gland.

Word had trickled through, the White Scars would lead the charge, the false emperor in his arrogance had made for the Eye of Terror itself. Victory was at hand, vast spaceships of uncountable mass had begun to confront eachother, bringing huge destructive batterys to bear. The fate of the galaxy lay in the balance in space, but yet also on Holy Terra itself.

"The Emperor still lives..."

The same recording played over and over again throughout the Vox network. They would not forget, they would not yield, they would not perish. In the name of the True Emperor they would stand!

The Imperial Fists, true Sons of Dorn all, the Emperors Shield were resolute in their task. An entire chapter of the Emperors finest indeed would sacrifice themselves for the cause. It would be a long night, as well as the next and the many after that.

Last edited by Digg40k; 11-13-08 at 11:16 PM.
post #46 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-13-08, 10:37 PM
Boondock Shogun

Shogun_Nate's Flag is: USA

Damned good addition Digg!

"If you can't stun them with your tactical brilliance, baffle them with your superior grasp of BS."

"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAllFather View Post
Well, seeing as how you capitalize your characters, use proper grammar and punctuation, I'd say you qualify.
post #47 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-13-08, 11:17 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun_Nate View Post
Damned good addition Digg!
Thank you, I hope I did the storyline proud. Perhaps after a few more additions I might chime in again with how the battle is going, taking into account the story as a whole of course.
post #48 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-14-08, 12:36 AM
Unknown Soldier's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow Digg, excellent stuff. I could really imagine the Terminators striding through the ancient stone corridors, dispencing justice with their heavy flamers. Such is the ferousity of the battle and the overwhemling numbers involved, that the xenos have breached the Imperial Palace!

Every single enemy of mankind has sent forces to Terra and if both the 'faithful' and the Child-Emperor's fleets severely damage each other, how will the Imperium survive?

Dum-dum-der!
post #49 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-14-08, 11:46 PM
Boondock Shogun

Shogun_Nate's Flag is: USA

For those who want the original characters back, why not add more yourselves? I don't see a problem with the story covering different actions during "The End" from both perspectives heh heh heh. I think that both lines can coexist in harmony with the overall story continuing onward with no hiccups.

Good luck and good gaming,

Nate

"If you can't stun them with your tactical brilliance, baffle them with your superior grasp of BS."

"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAllFather View Post
Well, seeing as how you capitalize your characters, use proper grammar and punctuation, I'd say you qualify.
post #50 of 128 (permalink) Old 12-01-08, 10:59 AM
Unknown Soldier's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, I'm going to try and keep this story alive, especially considering that I've taken it in a different direction. By all means, please add to this installment or cut back to the initial story set on Holy Terra.

‘Battle stations! We are under attack!’

From the portals of the ship’s bridge, Lord Forson Graves could see numerous flashes of gunfire and ships exploding in the far off distance of space.

‘What the hell is going on?!’ demanded Graves, moving quickly towards his command throne on board the Vindicatus.

‘The rear guard of our flotilla is being annihilated my Lord…by Astartes Strike Cruisers.’ Came the reply from a startled crewman.

Astartes? Those fools, those damned traitorous, back stabbing fools were attacking mankind’s only saviour. How could these misguided, disloyal, heretical brigands turn their backs on Holy Terra and seek murderous intent on the Emperor Incarnate himself?

‘Bring our ships about! I will show these mutinous dogs the true might of our righteous and faithful crusade. Woe betide the insurgent who dares to disrupt our holy mission, damnation for the heretic who wantonly conspires against the Imperium and death to the treasonous jackals who seek to betray our beloved Emperor!’ boomed Graves, his body visibly shaking with anger.

The Vox screen dominating the bridge of the Vindicatus flashed into life, the image of the Emperor-Incarnate filling the screen once more.

‘My Emperor…’ Graves stammered, staring once again at the face of his god for the second time this day.

‘Lord Graves, do not commit your forces to the attack, your Inquistorial fleet will follow me into the Eye of Terror. I have sent word to our loyal Astartes to deal with these injudicious usurpers. I have need of your strength and resilience for the the battles that lie ahead.’ The Child-Emperor spoke, his words carrying incalculable authority.

‘But my saviour, without the Chapters, we will be severely weakened against the hordes of Chaos that await us beyond the Eye.’ Graves responded respectfully.

‘My dear Lord Graves, it is not with ships or Marines or firepower that we will conquer Chaos, they are but a mere bagatelle against the unholy foe. Our supposed weapons of war are nothing more then trivial adornments and useless decorations compared to the the true ammunition within our arsenal. Faith will be our shield, devotion our sword and belief our banner, with these in our armoury, there is no enemy that we cannot smite.’ Lectured the Emperor Incarnate.

‘Of course your eminence, please forgive my lack of vision, once again, you have shown me the true path to victory. I beg your forgiveness for my ill founded words.’ Graves replied, his head bowed.

‘I do not seek blind or unquestioning followers Lord Graves, especially in these most troubling of times, I cannot forgive you as you have done nothing wrong. Lift your head high and plot a course, once through the Eye, bring your fleets to bear on the planet of Prospero.’ The Child-Emperor confidently responded.

‘Prospero my Emperor?’ quizzed Graves.

‘Yes. We seek Magnus the Red. He will be the first.’ Declared the Emperor Incarnate.

‘The first? I do not understand my Messiah.’ Graves asked reverently.

‘For too long have my children been scattered and alone. I will deliver them from Chaos and return them to the bosom of humanity. It is time, Lord Graves, for my Primarchs to unite once again to save Mankind.’

And with that, the Vox screen flickered and died. The engines of the Emperor’s Saber burst into life and within moments, the Inquistorial fleet had entered the Eye of Terror.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode