The End - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-06-10, 08:11 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

nah, no word limit. just have fun.

The Founding Fields

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 08:25 PM

Yru0's Flag is: Australia

By the power invested in me by the 'Reply to thread' button, I hereby necro this thread, because no sane soul should have to maul through the 'Featured Fiction' post by Serpion to find something this brilliant!!! The moment I discover how to deliver the almighty rep, I'm handing it out :D

PS: Could somebody PLEASE get someone from games workshop to see this, they could learn a thing or two!
post #93 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-06-11, 10:32 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

this is fecking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! this has to be the tale of the year so far for me well done guys brilliant work, absolutley astounding work. i am so proud to be part of this site especially when i see this kind of stuff......"beers on me"

post #94 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 02:28 AM

i'm glad you guys like it so much. it sure features some of Heresy-Online's most esteemed writers, that's for sure. Seems you'd like us to continue, no?

CP

The Founding Fields

Last edited by Commissar Ploss; 07-07-11 at 02:31 AM.
post #95 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 10:15 AM

thought I'd have a go...hope its OK

Only once before had Holy Terra seen so much bloodshed, once more brother fought brother as they replayed events that had happened ten thousand years before. Captain Astor swallowed as he listened to the cries of the wounded and the dying but pride filled him to know that every warrior from the mighty Astartes to the Imperial Guard were casting aside old divisions of us and them and fighting side by side with every bit as much honour as the angels of death themselves.

He was about to ready himself for the next attack when everyone around him went quiet.

"Holy Throne"

He heard one of the guards, a woman named Jocasta mutter and saw her make the sign of the Aquila to ward off whatever she was looking at.

"They have returned"

He turned to see a Black Templar come to stand beside him, he had long got over the fear that all humans felt when standing next to the Astartes, this battle of battle had made them equals in spirit if not in body.

In confusion he followed the gaze of the Templar and stared open mouthed as columns of Astartes in red and bronzed gold livery came marching towards their position. The chapter banners of the varying elements within their legion flying high.

"The Word Bearers" The Templar growled and through his vox grill it sounded more like a dragon then a man.

Astor wasn't just looking at the fallen marines that slowly marched towards them he was looking at the figures that marched ahead of the legion, power plays forgotten, this was what they had waited for.

Kor Phaeron, the Black Cardinal himself roared a defiant chant into the air in the long dead language of their blighted home world. Erebus spoke his blasphemous sermons as he lead the Dark Apostles, and centre stage, his body illuminated in the flame of chaos undivided, his golden skin and flame cast hair leading the legion who adored him.

"Who is that?" Astor asked almost too afraid to know the answer.

"Captain Astor ready your men and women" The Black Templars voice was now grim, not that that was any different to how the Black Templars normally sounded.

Astor briefly thought that had things been different, then the Black Templars and the Word Bearers might not be so different after all.

"My Lord?"

"Lorgar has returned"

Astor clenched his fists, this was not just going to fight those blasphemous bastards, he and his people were going up against a son of the Emperor, a lost son had returned home to greet his father.
post #96 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 02:26 PM

very nicely done there Gothik! thank you for your addition. I shall be sure to write Captain Astor in some action very soon.

CP

The Founding Fields

post #97 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-07-11, 03:21 PM

your welcome glad i could help even if it was a tiny piece :D
post #98 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-08-11, 12:23 AM

I hope it's okay if I make an addition.

Navigator Karon Jonas surveyed the battlescape.

The Righteous Hatred was still there, still drifting in the orbit of Terra. Most of its crew had been dropped; most of those that hadn't descended were working on the endless repairs. Even a vessel as grand as the Righteous Hatred couldn't sustain the bombardment that everyone in the orbit of Terra was receiving.

The sound of wheels behind him alerted Jonas, and Admiral Clarris rolled into the center on his bed. The admiral was recovering from his earlier episodes; it had taken three months, but it seemed he would survive.

If anyone could survive this battle.

"It's an odd sight, isn't it?"

"With all respect, Admiral, this is far more than odd."

Clarris shook his head, in the process knocking away the pillow. "It's more, but odd as well. The greatest battle of all time, taking place over humanity's homeworld.... And I'm there to see it."

"We have bigger concerns."

"I know. The shields are virtually down, weapons batteries are ruined, and the only thing keeping us alive is lack of interest from anyone else. Lucky I have a small cannon in this bed, but we need to be prepared for boarding. I know, Navigator, I know.

But the thing is, Terra is in pain. Massive events are going on here, and we need to stay. I feel it. How are the Guard?"

"Peyes, Garick, and Birka are all dead. Garick and Peyes were smashed apart by a bunch of Tyranids who were trying to uncover something from below the Palace. Whatever that thing was, it killed them. Lions saved the rest of our men.

Birka- well, there was a Night Lords offensive. Birka was out with a small detachment, and we lost the signal. They could still be alive, for all we know: I heard the Eighth takes prisoners."

Clarris shuddered at the thought of what the Traitor Astartes would do to any unfortunate enough to be caught by them.

"Commissar Dawson is on the ship, commanding the five thousand people we have on board. Lions is still alive down there. So is Astor, last we heard."

"At least some survived."

The siren blared quite suddenly, interjecting into the calm of the discussion. Within minutes, gunfire was heard on the decks.

"Could you remind us why we're still in orbit?"

"Admiral, if I could get us out of here, I would."

Clarris pushed a pedal, rolling himself towards the bridge. He would be safer there, and the position was also more defensible. Jonas hesitated for a moment, then rushed down. He had a few grenades, as well as the Third Eye.

Running to a viewing platform above the cargo bay, Jonas watched the invasion unfold.

The attackers were mutated Astartes in red and bronze armor- World Eaters. They ran around the vessel, each murdering separately.

Dawson tried to rally his men; there was still a chance to win this. There were perhaps twenty or thirty Chaos Astartes, and five thousand defenders. The Commissar shot a man trying to run away.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't work. The goal of a Commissar was to make his troops fear him more than their enemies.

It was hard to fear anything more than the World Eaters.

Jonas shot a few times with his pistol, but the giants refused to die. It was still too early to use the grenades. The enemy was, in the end, stoppable. Even now it was killable; Jonas saw the Commissar shoot an unhelmeted Traitor Legionnaire in the face, blowing it off.

"See them die!"

Then, a chainaxe brushed off one of Dawson's arms. The Commissar swung backwards with the other, but it was too late. Though the next swing missed its aim- Dawson's head- it knocked off much of his sword, and on the ground, Dawson could do nothing but look in fear at the giant Champion of Khorne.

"Know this! Your greatest champions are no match for me! Know that you have been bested today by Kharn of the World Eaters!"

And, even as the remnants of Dawson's sword pierced his right leg, Kharn the Betrayer cut off the Commissar's head.

And the Guard ran.

Renegades Saga contributions
(https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...tions-cry.html)
(https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...s-scarlet.html)
(https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...lesh-weak.html)
The Emperor has turned to Chaos. The dream of the Imperium has become a nightmare. But Horus and his Coalition stand against the dark, here at the end of time.

Lorgar's Betrayal
(https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...te-heresy.html)
What was broken has been mended. And what was burned away can never be reforged.
post #99 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-08-11, 05:12 AM

interesting to see the Admiral back again! nice work!

CP

The Founding Fields

post #100 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-08-11, 08:56 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yru0 View Post
By the power invested in me by the 'Reply to thread' button, I hereby necro this thread, because no sane soul should have to maul through the 'Featured Fiction' post by Serpion to find something this brilliant!!! The moment I discover how to deliver the almighty rep, I'm handing it out :D

PS: Could somebody PLEASE get someone from games workshop to see this, they could learn a thing or two!
Whose name would I put it under?

btw, You realize Featured Fiction was Ploss` idea, not mine right? I simply volunteered to run it because I like the idea.

On topic, may I reserve a post? I read through and noticed this story seems a little... one sided shall we say?

It`s time we learned why some of the xenos are really here...

Nonsense is our Salvation

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode