The Half-Moon Crusaders - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-07, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Initiate's Flag is: Iran

Default The Half-Moon Crusaders

The metallic crusade the Iron Hands were undertaking had paid off. After countless battles, this one would end the long—and feared endless—crusade. The Iron Warriors were heading to Medusa and the Iron Hands were determined to stop them. Medusa’s moon was a strategic location and almost half the Iron Hands were flown unto it to meet their hated enemies. Tiron of the 3rd company was one of them. He was a normal Iron Hands space marine with his black armour and robotic replacements. He was armed with a Boltergun with a scope and laser sight attached. Unlike other Iron Hands however, he was interested in psyking. Too bad for him, the Iron Hands did not train Librarians or any other psykers. When he landed on the moon with his company, they immediately set up fortifications, building a base on a rise surrounded by craters. The easiest place to protect. On the edges of the base were heavy bolter turrets and missile launchers. Scout snipers were hidden in several spots and marines with heavy bolters patrolled the outskirts of the base. As safe as it was, the Iron Warriors would not be delayed for long by mediocre defences. Tiron was walking through the base, observing everything.

Suddenly, alarms rang throughout the base. Tiron ran to HQ to see what was going on. “The Iron Warriors have been detected by orbital surveillance not far from here. Let us pray to the Emperor and then march to meet the enemy!” The Iron Father announced and then started with the prayers.

After prayers, the 3rd company was sent out to meet the enemy head on with the 2nd and 1st companies. Tiron stood in rank, near the front lines, the standard bearers slowly marched forward. Gaining momentum and strength with each step, they were led toward the enemies. The Iron Father was in front with Ferrus Manus, yelling out blessings and getting the men ready for battle. “The men we are about to face used to be our brothers. They were honourable space marines. But now, the tides of chaos have overwhelmed them. They were drawn towards the Dark Gods by a thirst for power and the fiend Horus turned them against us. They may have been our former brothers. But now, they deserve no mercy. Let us purge this heretic filth off this moon in the name of the Emperor!” As if to make a point, the Iron Warriors appeared on the grey and lifeless horizon.
“Iron Hands! Many years ago, I befriended this man, accepting him as my brother. But now he is an atrocity! A heretic that should receive no mercy and should be wiped ruthlessly off the face of this moon. Let us destroy them, and claim the holy lands of the Emperor!” Ferrus Manus boomed. “Charge!”

And charge they did. They screamed the Emperor’s name while they ran forward to engage the enemy. “Fools! You think you can beat me with 300 puny space marines Ferrus? I may think you have lost your mind since our last visit. And now you are going to lose your life.” A truly demented voice rang out, “No matter. Iron warriors, CHARGE!” The Iron warriors ran out and set up their heavy weaponry while a small number of them charged with their melee weapons raised.

As the Tiron charged, he spotted some encampments with Iron warriors wielding heavy bolters in them. When he pointed it out to his sergeant, he replied, “Yes. We should Brother Tiron. Squad! This way!” They changed course and headed toward the encampment closest to the main force.

As they snuck around crouched low, they could see the Iron Warriors in the encampment, laughing maniacally while they shot at the space marines. Suddenly Tiron jumped from hiding and drove his sword through the first Iron Warrior’s head, who dropped the heavy bolter. The second one was already swinging his at him when a bullet caught him in the side of the head. Tiron picked up the heavy bolter from the ground, thanking the marine who saved him and rained a torrent of bullets unto the other encampments, ruthlessly killing the Iron Warriors. Then he dropped the heavy bolter, picked up his sword and ran forward towards the fray. As he got to the confused bunch where the space marines had collided, he saw his Primarch and jumped into the melee. Ferrus was busy fighting the heretic who had spoken earlier.

“Perturabo will be very happy to know that I have killed you Ferrus!” The chaos marine swung with his axe and disarmed Ferrus with his powerful blow. He drew back for another swing, this time to behead Ferrus but stopped. His mouth turned into a noiseless snarl and his knees buckled. Then his head was blown off. Blood splattered against Ferrus’s face. There, behind the traitor commander stood Tiron.

The remnants of the Iron Warriors broke flanks and ran, disheartened that their leader had been killed. After the battle, back in HQ, Ferrus approached Tiron.
“You have potential, both as a fighter and as a leader. I must ask however, how did you stop him from swinging his axe. It looked as if he had been stabbed.” Ferrus inquired.
“I am a psyker.” Tiron smiled.
“You do not belong in this Legion then, Tiron.”
Tiron’s smile disappeared, “I understand.”
“That is why I will request that you modify the Iron Hands’ gene-seeds and use them as your own. You will lead this army. But first you must come to the Chapel so you can be honoured, Tiron Chaosbane.”
Tiron kneeled, bowing his head, “You could not honour me more.”
“You’re right at that. Tell me, what will you name your… Chapter?”
Tiron grinned, “The Half-Moon Crusaders. May I set up a permanent base on this moon?”
“Of course. By the power invested in me, Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Iron Hands, I grant you, Tiron Chaosbane, all Iron Hands gene-seeds found here and rights to own a Chapter of your own.”
“Thank you sire, I am forever in your debt.”
“Nonsense, you saved my life. Now, take some apothecaries, find your gene-seeds and forge another worthy chapter of the Adeptus Astartes.”
“Yes I shall. Just one last thing. By the power invested in me I name this moon The Steel Sphere! And I crown myself, Moonlord Tiron Chaosbane of The Steel Sphere!”

WATCHYA THINK?

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."
-Socrates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-07, 01:02 PM

royemunson's Flag is: England

Well, i'm sorry to say it does not really fit in with the 40K fluff, yes you have space marines but a space marine cannot be "interested in psyking" he is ether a psyker or not and this would have been found out during his initation to the chapter and then he would have been destroyed or sent on one of the black ships.
Also Ferrus would not just say to a single space marine he has never seem to have meet before have your own chapter ,and no space marine will say take some gene seed and do what you want with it.
Chapters are created in foundings not just on a whim. This all seems to sound a bit harsh but i think you need to read a lot more books based on the 40k universe and you will beable to put what you learn into your stories.

Well, the Chaos Space Marines have the chaos gods on their side, while the Space Marines have Games Workshop on their's.
So one has the most corrupt, twisted and souless entities in existance helping them while the other gets the chaos gods.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-07, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

holy crap
lol im so srry roy

i swear this is not vengeance or anytihng. I was joking around and it was stupid of me. plz forgiv me.

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."
-Socrates

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-07, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

ok roy, ive adjusted it to what you have said. it should be better now. i appreciate your comment. i do not care if it is harsh. i like answers and opinions. criticize plz. :D

The metallic crusade the Iron Hands were undertaking had paid off. After countless battles, this one would end the long—and feared endless—crusade. The Iron Warriors were heading to Medusa and the Iron Hands were determined to stop them. Medusa’s moon was a strategic location and almost half the Iron Hands were flown unto it to meet their hated enemies. Tiron of the 3rd company was one of them. He was a normal Iron Hands space marine with his black armour and robotic replacements. He was armed with a Boltergun with a scope and laser sight attached. When he landed on the moon with his company, they immediately set up fortifications, building a base on a rise surrounded by craters. The easiest place to protect. On the edges of the base were heavy bolter turrets and missile launchers. Scout snipers were hidden in several spots and marines with heavy bolters patrolled the outskirts of the base. As safe as it was, the Iron Warriors would not be delayed for long by mediocre defences. Tiron was walking through the base, observing everything.

Suddenly, alarms rang throughout the base. Tiron ran to HQ to see what was going on. “The Iron Warriors have been detected by orbital surveillance not far from here. Let us pray to the Emperor and then march to meet the enemy!” The Iron Father announced and then started with the prayers.

After prayers, the 3rd company was sent out to meet the enemy head on with the 2nd and 1st companies. Tiron stood in rank, near the front lines, the standard bearers slowly marched forward. Gaining momentum and strength with each step, they were led toward the enemies. The Iron Father was in front with Ferrus Manus, yelling out blessings and getting the men ready for battle. “The men we are about to face used to be our brothers. They were honourable space marines. But now, the tides of chaos have overwhelmed them. They were drawn towards the Dark Gods by a thirst for power and the fiend Horus turned them against us. They may have been our former brothers. But now, they deserve no mercy. Let us purge this heretic filth off this moon in the name of the Emperor!” As if to make a point, the Iron Warriors appeared on the grey and lifeless horizon.
“Iron Hands! Many years ago, I befriended this man, accepting him as my brother. But now he is an atrocity! A heretic that should receive no mercy and should be wiped ruthlessly off the face of this moon. Let us destroy them, and claim the holy lands of the Emperor!” Ferrus Manus boomed. “Charge!”

And charge they did. They screamed the Emperor’s name while they ran forward to engage the enemy. “Fools! You think you can beat me with 300 puny space marines Ferrus? I may think you have lost your mind since our last visit. And now you are going to lose your life.” A truly demented voice rang out, “No matter. Iron warriors, CHARGE!” The Iron warriors ran out and set up their heavy weaponry while a small number of them charged with their melee weapons raised.

As the Tiron charged, he spotted some encampments with Iron warriors wielding heavy bolters in them. When he pointed it out to his sergeant, he replied, “Yes. We should Brother Tiron. Squad! This way!” They changed course and headed toward the encampment closest to the main force.

As they snuck around crouched low, they could see the Iron Warriors in the encampment, laughing maniacally while they shot at the space marines. Suddenly Tiron jumped from hiding and drove his sword through the first Iron Warrior’s head, who dropped the heavy bolter. The second one was already swinging his at him when a bullet caught him in the side of the head. Tiron picked up the heavy bolter from the ground, thanking the marine who saved him and rained a torrent of bullets unto the other encampments, ruthlessly killing the Iron Warriors. Then he dropped the heavy bolter, picked up his sword and ran forward towards the fray. As he got to the confused bunch where the space marines had collided, he saw his Primarch and jumped into the melee. Ferrus was busy fighting the heretic who had spoken earlier.

“Perturabo will be very happy to know that I have killed you Ferrus!” The chaos marine swung with his axe and disarmed Ferrus with his powerful blow. He drew back for another swing, this time to behead Ferrus but stopped. His mouth turned into a noiseless snarl and his knees buckled. Then his head was blown off. Blood splattered against Ferrus’s face. There, behind the traitor commander stood Tiron.

The remnants of the Iron Warriors broke flanks and ran, disheartened that their leader had been killed. After the battle, back in HQ, Ferrus approached Tiron.
“You have potential, both as a fighter and as a leader. I must ask however, how did you stop him from swinging his axe. It looked as if he had been stabbed.” Ferrus inquired.
“I picked up a stray sword and pricked the back of his neck.” Tiron smiled grimly, “maybe it was a bit more than a prick.”
“You do not belong in this Legion Tiron.”
Tiron’s smile disappeared.
“That is why I will request that you get an army of your own. You will lead this army. But first you must come to the Chapel so you can be honoured, Tiron Chaosbane.”
Tiron kneeled, bowing his head, “You could not honour me more.”
“You’re right at that.” Ferrus smiled this time.

Months after the battle, Tiron and Ferrus were summoned to the High Lords of Terra. “Welcome, Ferrus. Tiron.” High Lord Bulavar said as Ferrus and Tiron entered the large room. The room contained several benches and several grand seats where the High Lords sat. On the walls hung long, rich red pennants depicting epic battles between man and alien. Other than that the room was bare.
“We have gone over your reports of Tiron, Ferrus.” High Lord Bulavar began, “It seems you think highly of him.”
“He has proven his worth more than once.”
“I see. It also says that young Tiron here has slain the notorious chaos force commander, Jernet. Well this truly is not a normal space marine.” High Lord Bulavar stood and strode forward toward Tiron, his cape drifting behind him, “A moon can be used to represent the balance of Chaos and Humanity, Tiron. Currently, only half of the moon is visible. That half represents humanity. The other half is blank. That side represents the lands that have yet to be cleansed of heretics and xenos. You will change that however. You will be granted one thousand gene-seeds to implant into warriors who will fight until the moon is full. By the power invested in me, I, High Lord Bulavar grant you rights to command an army of space marines who will be as strong as you in mind and body, who will be as faithful and loyal as you, and who will be as brave and courageous as you. Moonlord Tiron Chaosbane of the Half-Moon Crusaders, will you accept the gene-seeds, build a base on the moon of Medusa, and forge another honourable Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes?”
“I shall. I shall lead the Half-Moon Crusaders without wavering in faith or strength until my last breath escapes my body.”
“So be it. Build your base anywhere you wish.”
“I cannot explain my gratitude High Lord.”
“No, I would not think you could. You are dismissed Tiron Chaosbane.” Bulavar said with a smile.

-Socrates
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-24-07, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Moonlord Tiron Chaosbane was standing on a platform in the marshy planet of Kronus. All the Half-Moon Crusaders stood behind him. Every one was grim faced and as still as a statue. A faint scratching sound filled everyone’s ears.
“Brothers, the horrid Tyranids are here. They are repugnant aliens, ones who will show you no mercy and neither should they receive any. As you know, we are outnumbered. But stand fast, for our lives would be gladly given to protect mankind. Now, let us cleanse this marsh!” Tiron’s voice boomed over the ranks of space marines. The scratching was louder now, and in the distant horizon a long line of Tyranids was visible.
“Scouts, move out.” On Tiron’s command the entire 10th company moved through the trees, fading out of sight. “Space marines! Follow me!”

The Crusaders marched through the trees, not uttering a word. This battle had almost no chances of victory for the marines, yet they marched on. With every step the scratching grew louder and louder until they came upon a horrid sight. The entire 10th company was killed, all the bodies were ravaged with Lictors and Warriors standing over them. Behind the Lictors and Warriors were endless amounts of Termagants and Hormagaunts and even more Rippers.
“I shall deliver death unto you in the name of the Emperor!” Tiron yelled and charged with his Chapter, his Bolter and Chainsword drawn. A Warrior leapt towards Tiron, jaws opened wide. Tiron swung his chainsword, beheading the monster. A lictor came next, slashing at him with its freakish talons. Tiron shot the talons then lunged at the lictor’s chest, killing it. Tiron felt some vibrations underneath him, he jumped as a Ravener tore from the ground, slashing at Tiron, Tiron twisted in midair and the ravener’s talon hit his arm, leaving a long, deep gash. Tiron landed back down with his chainsword pointed under him, stabbing through the Tyranid’s mouth. A hormagaunt jumped at Tiron’s back to have its head blown off by his bolter.

Tiron proceeded to kill ten more hormagaunts and two dozen termagaunts. But for each Tyranid killed ten more took its place. From behind him, Hellfire dreadnoughts fired their powerful guns and the venerable dreadnoughts charged forward, ripping the Tyranids limb from limb. Devastator squads fired round after round at the oncoming Tyranids. Tiron’s visor was covered with blood. He quickly wiped it and killed another hormagaunt. He looked up to the horizon, using his scanning array to magnify a single Tyranid. It was a vicious one, shooting bio-chemical toxins and sticking his diamond hard talons through the space marines’ bodies. It was the hive tyrant. Tiron could tell because of its bodyguard.
“Brother Vertic, assist me in killing their leader.” Tiron shouted in his mike to a venerable dreadnought nearby.
“Of course Moonlord.”

They fought their way through the melee to the hive tyrant. Tiron was covered with scars and was bleeding badly. That can be looked after later, Tiron thought. He staggered forward. The Tyrant’s bodyguard immediately threw themselves at Tiron, but they were batted away by Vertic as if they were flies. The Tyrant was focused on Vertic now, firing bio-chemical bullets in frenzy. The bullets sank into the dreadnought’s armour, leaving scorched holes.
“Moonlord, I cannot hold out for long, destroy this mutated scum.” Vertic said grimly. Without a word, Tiron jumped at the Tyrant. It lifted its talon, scything Tiron’s arm off. He screamed in agony, then crouched and delivered a powerful blow to the Tyrant’s head, moving the neck a fair distance, but it remained on its shoulders. It leaped in the air, coming in to bite this time. But Tiron was faster and grabbed his chainsword with his good arm, pointing it at the tyranid’s jaw. The Tyrant fell straight into the chainsword, mouth first. Tiron accelerated the chains, ravaging the head until it was but a few drops of gore.

The Tyranids everywhere stopped for a split second and looked confused. That was all the space marines needed to push the assault. They fought and fought, driving the Tyranids back. Tiron fought on despite his grievous wounds. He lost his chainsword to a Tyranid who swallowed it to its doom, but started punching viciously at the Tyranids’ heads and midsections with his only arm. He kept fighting until a Tyranid severed his thumb and another Tyranid which a marine had killed fell on top of him, making the world go black.

When he woke up, Tiron was inside the Apothecarion, lying on a bed with an apothecary looking down at him. “Moonlord, you lost your arm and severed your other thumb. We are going to replace your losses with bionics. We will start now.” The apothecary informed Tiron.
“We won brother?”
“Yes Moonlord. You and brother Vertic killed their leader and thus saved the day.”
“How is Vertic?”
“Moonlord, his sarcophagi was gravely battered to the point of destruction.” The apothecary replied gravely.
“Very well. Proceed with the operation.”
“Yes my lord.”
Unconsciousness gripped Tiron once again as he fell into a deep slumber, oblivious to the surgery being conducted on his body.

-Socrates
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-24-07, 03:18 AM

I reckon that was great! you writing another?

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-24-07, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

im working on it, dont know what to write about though.... a lot of scenarios in my head just dont work with 40k

although i think i might write one about the Fire Sluggas, involving a certain Madslasha being slain.... *evil laugh*

-Socrates
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-24-07, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Ok next installment, i tihnk you will like dis Seabovine. :twisted:

Moonlord Tiron Chaosbane was taking cover in a deep trench, firing the Stormbolter attached to his bionic arm. The Fire Sluggas, a veteran Mercenary Klan, were advancing slowly upon them, shooting their guns at the fortified space marines. Meanwhile, the Crusaders were raining torrents of bullets unto the closely packed group of orks. Suddenly, something unexpected happened. A mortar round landed right beside Tiron, flinging him across the trench, as well as many other marines. Tiron staggered upright and looked to see what had caused the explosion. “Let those who befoul His name die.” Tiron muttered, there, on the horizon stood many columns of Traitor Guardsmen.
“Men! Embark on your transports and ride into battle!”

The orks were close now, the vehicles were seconds away from hitting the trench. Everyone was getting into the several rhinos and razorbacks while Tiron and his personally trained retinue embarked on the only Land Raider Crusader. Hellfire Dreadnoughts were shooting missiles at the massed Guardsmen and the Venerable’s were charging them. They were on their own.
“Captain, order the transports to ride!”
“Yes Moonlord. All units drive and may the Machine Spirit be with you!” The rhinos and razorbacks rode out behind the Land Raider Crusader. The Crusader ran over a dozen orks before skidding to a halt and ejecting its occupants. The other transports did the same. Tiron stuck his Stormbolter into an orks open mouth and fired 4 rounds, the empty shells flew out as several holes poked out through the ork’s head. He quickly lopped off another ork’s head when it came too near. A nob charged Tiron, firing an entire magazine into Tiron’s shoulder pad, but only one penetrated. Tiron snarled and stabbed at the orks midsection, spilling his guts in a flurry of slashing.

Tiron killed more and more orks by kicking, stabbing and shooting all the same. But the orks were tough and had given Tiron an array of scars and bullet holes on his body and power armour. There were minor losses on the space marines’ side, but too many if they were to destroy the traitors. He saw one nob cackling maniacally while chopping off heads. Its skin was dark and its eyes gleamed with entertainment.
“Eat dis humie!” the nob said raising his slugga at Tiron, who hacked at the crude gun, cleaving it in half.
“No humie’s gonna tek Gorluz Madslasha’s slugga! Waaagh!” Gorluz ferociously hacked and slashed at Tiron, but Tiron easily evaded them. Finally Tiron fended off one attack and countered it with a massive blow to the stomach with his empty Stormbolter. Gorluz spat out some blood, and was about to attack again when Tiron cleaved Gorluz’s mechanical arm in half and kicked at its shin. Gorluz fell to his knees, screaming in pain. Tiron put one foot on its shoulder and pushed it onto its back. Then he loaded a magazine into his Stormbolter and emptied it onto Gorluz’s head.

The marines were nearly finished with the orks and the Fire Sluggas soon fled due to their low numbers. Now to deal with the Traitors, Tiron thought.
“Space marines! Kill these traitors who put the Emperor’s name in vain!” The dreadnoughts had already killed many Guardsmen but there were too many. Tiron fought and fought, but the Guards did not seem to end. “Fall back brothers! We are too weak to fight!” Tiron finally yelled after hours of fighting and one by one, the Crusaders grudgingly fell back to the Thunderhawk Gunships, flying back to their battle fleet.

-Socrates
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-24-07, 08:00 AM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

great stuff Initiate. hope to see some more soon. :D
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-25-07, 03:33 AM

but... but... but... that cant be true. the fire sluggaz is the name of a mob of the 'Nidcrushas mercanary klan who MAINLY works for the good of the imperium (tell me if this is a bit stupid, having an ork merc Klan working for the good of the imperium) and secondly Gorluz is gonna end up being my Warboss...

During the battle of Initiate's battle Gorluz shot 153 round in total into Tiron's body, killing him.

Dont turn this into sort of a story fight, just a bit of fun

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode