Heresy-Online's Fiction Competition 2012 Entry Thread - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-12-12, 10:15 PM
NoPoet's Flag is: United Kingdom

No worries... I just submitted a Barmy Army story to a competition

I don't know how to edit the thread title - can someone do it for me?

[40K] Marneus Calgar's Barmy Army: A Christmas Calgar (2012 Xmas Special)

The sledge looked sized for one of Santa's elves. It was made of shiny red plastic. There were no engines or weapons.
"Perfect?" Calgar snorted. "You couldn't fit Kevin McCallister in that! How are four of us going to get in?"
"You didn't give me enough points to buy anything proper. I had to get what I could afford."
"You fething wally, it isn't even blue." Calgar inspected the tag which was still attached. "Fun for children aged two to six."
"Milo does have a point, my Lord," said Dick. "When I suggested that we're meant to be the most balanced Chapter and should allocate our spending for all contingencies, you said and I quote 'If I want to hear the raving of a leftist commie, I'll watch BBC News'."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 05:32 PM
NoPoet's Flag is: United Kingdom

There's no link to my story in the first post of this thread. Calgar-hater

It says 4-5,000 words. This exceeds that by a huge margin. Is that a minimum limit, or do I need to submit something else?

The sledge looked sized for one of Santa's elves. It was made of shiny red plastic. There were no engines or weapons.
"Perfect?" Calgar snorted. "You couldn't fit Kevin McCallister in that! How are four of us going to get in?"
"You didn't give me enough points to buy anything proper. I had to get what I could afford."
"You fething wally, it isn't even blue." Calgar inspected the tag which was still attached. "Fun for children aged two to six."
"Milo does have a point, my Lord," said Dick. "When I suggested that we're meant to be the most balanced Chapter and should allocate our spending for all contingencies, you said and I quote 'If I want to hear the raving of a leftist commie, I'll watch BBC News'."
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

It is a set minimum of 4000 words and a set maximum of 5000 words, hence why I haven't added it yet (that and I've been out all day which doesn't help )

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 07:58 PM

son of azurman's Flag is: Scotland

half way through mine but been hard finding the time and inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
If an immovable object is struck by an unstoppable force, how many potatoes will fit in the jelly mould?
Renegades 9:flesh is weak
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=122389

Eldrad Ulthran:
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it."

inquisitor czevak:
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of azurman View Post
half way through mine but been hard finding the time and inspiration
For me, if I have trouble writing I find the best thing is to normally just sit down and read a book or two. Good luck mate!

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 08:45 PM

son of azurman's Flag is: Scotland

ye i stated an eldar one but i stopped it really quickly,then an inquisitor one but that failed,third of all a space marine one but fluff wise there was alot of mistakes and now im on imperial guard which is going alright so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
If an immovable object is struck by an unstoppable force, how many potatoes will fit in the jelly mould?
Renegades 9:flesh is weak
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=122389

Eldrad Ulthran:
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it."

inquisitor czevak:
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-14-12, 05:21 AM

For shame, why o' why did my old account die in the hacking incident and just discover this now. I could get to 50 in a couple months, but I won't go on a posting rampage just to meet the qualification. Tsk.

"Behind our efforts, let there be found our efforts."
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

50? Mate it's only 5!

Quote:
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 10:43 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Hm.

I have an idea for this.

Hopefully my brain won't be a complete prick, and I'll be able to get something up - Good luck, everyone!

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-21-12, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Boc
Like a Bawss

Let's get cracking Heretics, only 10 more days in the submission window!

Quote:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode