Halo: Hope. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Original Works All user written fiction from any Games Workshop setting should be posted here. Please use the drop-downs to denote which setting your story belongs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 04:06 AM Thread Starter

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Default Halo: Hope.

The year is 2539.
Fourteen years have passed since the Covenant attacked Harvest.
The Covenant, hell-bent on the complete annihilation of Mankind, continue to push into UNSC space.
Crushing defeats at New Constantinople, Leonis Minoris and a dozen other systems has left Mankind reeling, pushed ever towards oblivion by the aliens’ inexorable, genocidal war machine.

Hope is an unremarkable world deep within the Outer Colonies, storm-wracked and miserable.
The UNSC have noticeably neglected Hope - Her cities are small and rustic, the people largely hostile towards the UNSC - Perceiving it as a brutal, totalitarian regime.

Now, however, that is set to change.
The Covenant are coming for Hope.
They do not care for Mankind’s internal strife.
They seek only extinction.
Battle-lines are drawn.
War will engulf Hope.
There will be blood.

For the Spartans of Gold Team, this is their Trafalgar, their Waterloo, their Plataea.
Their Hell.
This is their story.

So, I haven't thrown up any fiction for a long, long time. I lost my confidence with writing - But, I think it's finally back to a level that I am happy to post at.

This is my first attempt at a fanfictions set outside of the Warhammer universe, so I'm a lil' bit nervous about it all. But, it's worth a go, right?

There isn't much to look at right now, but, there is more to come. Just thought I'd rattled the sabres a lil' bit.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'

Last edited by dark angel; 10-30-12 at 04:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 12:55 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Uh... more? Now! Hurry up damn you! Good to have you back in OW, mate

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 11:51 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

wow welcome back dark

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 11:58 PM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

HUGE fan of everything related to Halo.

Looking forward to what you can come up with.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-12, 06:24 AM

Adrian's Flag is: USA

Default Hello

Hey, me to. I lost my love for writing when I got discouraged. I tried to push things and only screwed things up. It happens to us all so don't be down on yourself. Glad to have you back and I look forward to more of the story.

A good reputation take a long time to build, but only a moment to destroy. Wow, that's deep! Check out the H.O.E.S. short story competition.
Other stories from Adrian.
Look up Adrian in the "Compendium" to find them. Thanks
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-12, 01:26 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Damn you DA for making this look so damn good. Like I need any more threads to distract me!

Seriously though, just the prologue reads very well. You better write more...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boc View Post
Uh... more? Now! Hurry up damn you! Good to have you back in OW, mate
Haha, thanks, fella. It's good to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik View Post
wow welcome back dark
Why thank you, Gothik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangus Bane View Post
HUGE fan of everything related to Halo.

Looking forward to what you can come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Hey, me to. I lost my love for writing when I got discouraged. I tried to push things and only screwed things up. It happens to us all so don't be down on yourself. Glad to have you back and I look forward to more of the story.
Thank you, hopefully, I won't disappoint. And, yes, Adrian. I think being discouraged in one's writing is a common thing, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Damn you DA for making this look so damn good. Like I need any more threads to distract me!

Seriously though, just the prologue reads very well. You better write more...
Haha, cheers, mate. Just keep 'em roleplay posts coming, and we'll be fine.

Now, this next bit, probably isn't worth a post. It’s more of a introductory piece to the main character - And, more than likely, is 99% unrelated to the rest of the story, save for it setting the tone. But, I'mma put it up, to give you hounds something to gnaw upon.

Prologue

0800 hours, July 7, 2540 (Military Calendar) /
UNSC Darkest Before Dawn, Epsilon Eridani System.

[Recording begins. Two figures sit at a table, one of which is noticeably larger than the other. The smaller of the two, in a white, pristine uniform - Reminiscent of a surgeon’s - Is smoking a cigar.]

This is Rear Admiral Jonathan Watts, 34581-99201-JW. Spartan, please state your rank, name and service number for the record.

Petty Officer Second Class, Cassander-045, 23210-93881-C.

Thank you. Now, onto business, shall we? [The Admiral smiles.]

Very well, sir.

You have an excellent combat record, Petty Officer -

[Interrupting.] Thank you, sir.

- Wounded-in-action on Corinth, distinguished for bravery during the Siege of New Constantinople, the Battle of Schiller… Two dozen other engagements. [The Admiral exhales a mouthful of scented smoke.] And, most interestingly, a survivor of the Battle of Hope.

That is correct, sir.

I suppose, given your position as a first-hand witness, that you’ll know more about Hope than I, so I shan’t bore you with unnecessary details. In November of 2539, the Battle of Hope begun. The opening skirmish - Between Commodore Dayne’s Battlegroup and a trio of Covenant battlecruisers - Was a victory. However, it only denied the inevitable. Tell me, Petty Officer, what happened when the Covenant achieved a foothold upon Hope?

[Cassander smirks.]

We killed them.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'

Last edited by dark angel; 11-16-12 at 02:45 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-12, 08:32 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

I don't know what it is, but I don't like that Admiral

But still, I want more. More. More...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Original Works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode