1000+ orcs army lists - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-08, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Default 1000+ orcs army lists

im trying to make orcs and goblins aarmy i already have just over 1000 points and am wondering were to go for 1500

this is my army

1 black orc big boss
1 night goblin bigboss
1 orc shaman
1 night goblin shaman

core

25 orc boyz 2 chopppas full command
25 orc boyz shield and choppa full command
20 orc boyz 2 choppas full command
30 night goblins full command 2 fanactics bows
30 night goblins full command 1 fanactic hand weapons/ bows (cant diecde)

special

1 orc boar chariot

gb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-08, 12:25 PM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

get black ork unit for your big boss may get a giant and some trolls. as well as this get some ork bors

other peoples views?

I would get a special charactor as a center of your army, to make it look good.

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++

Last edited by The Son of Horus; 06-06-08 at 12:47 PM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-08, 06:27 PM

swntzu's Flag is: United Kingdom

I personally disagree. Using a special character makes you reliant upon their often broken powers and reduces your skill as a player.

Black orcs are pretty good but I hear that they are overcosted when compared to big 'uns. My advise is to build up a list and see what fits in.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-08, 07:43 PM

I would do what green knigh said and I would get a special charactor to your army look ace.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-08, 12:34 AM

Since you aren't really using special or rare choices you may want to look at the war machines. I like to use a doom diver when I can because it usually performs pretty well and is nothing else is a great model. The orcs can be a little slow with the animosity and don't have a lot of ranged punch on thrie own so I think at leasta stone thrower or a couple of spear chuckkas can make a big difference for relativeley few points.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-08, 07:51 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

I have to agree with thegreenronin, your army is pretty slow, and war machines will help make up for this. I personal like Spear Chukkas, mainly because I know I'd fail at range guessing, but the others look nice as well. I have to disagree with Green Knight, black orcs are great but a bit expensive, and I'd leave it to personal opinion. If you are staying at 2000pts for now I'd say trolls are a little unpredictable, without a ld9 general they aren't as good. For giants personal opinion again. You can't even field special characters under 2000pt (Lords) and I don't like the idea of using them, also its perfectly possible to look good without one, and possible to have a better looking model from the general box, with extra bits and possibly conversion. Considering this is 1500pt you are aiming you can only have 3 characters, so you will have to not use one of them you listed.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-08, 04:08 PM

Gen. Confusion's Flag is: USA

Try and get some orc boar boys. Those guys are just mean. That will also give you some speed on the battlefield. I don't know about you, but I would hate to see a unit of savage orc boar boys closing in on my flank!!!

"All warfare is based on deception." Sun Tzu
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-08, 04:40 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

Forgot to mention, goblin fast cavalry. Spider riders and wolf riders are great fast support, much cheaper than boar boys and the fast cavalry rules are pretty nice. In order to make a boar boy unit truly devastating you have to spend more points than you should in 1500pt, save them for 2000pt+.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-08, 07:06 PM

neilbatte's Flag is: Great Britain

i think that the army could do with a couple of throwaway gobbo cavalry units some artillery support depending on your preferences and a unit or two that don't suffer from animosity like trolls or cheap gobbo chariots but really i find that if you just collect the models that appeal to you you'll have more fun painting and can worry about tactics as you progress
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-08, 07:13 PM
z4ch001's Flag is: England

you have to many hero choices you can only have 3 in 1000 point games and i would go with some fast cavalry

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode