Need a store list for O&G...help me build it! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Default Need a store list for O&G...help me build it!

Greetings, I'm a store owner and we are starting to build up WHFB and since I have a huge chunk of stuff that I had purchased before buying my store, O&G seems like a hysterically funny list to play as one of our two store armies (I'm all for suggestions on the other, we are leaning to Skaven).

So, with that said, I have never played a single game of WHFB in my life...not one. I play 40K (Space Wolves), but never WHFB, always wanted to, but never had.

So what I will leave in your hopefully capable hands is the compilation of what we will use as the basis of a list for my store (Oregon Trail Games, in The Dalles, OR).

We'd like to do 2500 points, and other than that, I have very few requirements. It doesn't have to be super competitive, it's going to be a demo army for the store, so variety in models is almost better just to give people a chance to see stuff.

I know nothing about load-outs that are effective and whatnot, treat me like a complete newbie to WHFB (which I am). There are a couple of models that I have and would like to include because I think they are just awesome looking, so unless they TOTALLY suck, I would like to include the following:
  • Arachnarok Spider (give me a good load-out)
  • River Trolls
  • Savage Orc Boar Boyz
  • Squigs...god I just love squigs, they are hysterical, please add in squigs

Other than those, go nuts, make me a fun 2500 point army that will make people want to play WHFB and not totally suck. I will happily purchase/acquire anything that I don't have already, go nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-14, 04:41 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Greetings right back Keep in mind as I write this that I am a hippie tree elf first, and an O&G player only for the laughs

First things first, the spider. I've always loved the idea of a great shaman on one of these bad boys - that's 475 with the SpiderShrine (a must). If you want to throw in some more, you could take another in rare (290), but that's your call.

The trolls will be 270 for six - I'd stick with just the one unit.

May as well go all out with the board boyz. We'll go 10 men, a shaman, and a commander; 10x SoBBBU (I love that) with 2x HW is 240 - we'll see about command later. For the shaman, we'll take a lv2 on a boar with the Shrunken Head for 166. The commander will be Save Orc Big Boss with a War Boar, Spear, Shield, Armor of Destiny for 145.

We'll take a few mangler squids to for the fun aspect (130 for 2).

Running total so far; 1426
475 lords (Goblin Mage)
311 Heroes (SOs on Boars)
240 Special (SOB on Boars)
400 Rare (Mangler Squids and River Trolls)

We need another 625 for core - we'll do a boyz/gobbo mix
250 - 40 Night Goblins (5x8) - Spears, Netters, Standard, 3 Fanatics
220 - 30 Boys w/ 2x HW, Standard

We're up to 2146. I'm thinking it's warmachine time. We have 225 points left in Rare, so

2x Doom Diver Catapult - 160
Snotling Pump Wagon - 45

Bringing rare up to 605 and the total to 2351. It's 135 for 15 Squigs and 5 Handlers, so lets add that.

Our running total is 2481 - I'm sure you can figure it out from there.

Recap

475 - lv4 Gobbo on Spider with Shrine
166 - lv2 Savage Shaman with Lucky Head on Boar
145 - Savage Orc Big Boss with a War Boar, Spear, Shield, Armor of Destiny

220 - 30 Boys w/ 2x HW, Standard

240 - 10x SoBBBU with 2x HW
135 - 15 squigs, 5 handlers

270 - 6 River Trolls
160 - 2 Doom Divers
130 - 2 Mangler Squids
45 - Pump Wagon

Hmmm... no BSB... Oh well. You could drop something and throw that onto the Boar Rider.

Cheers mate!!

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

Last edited by JAMOB; 09-19-14 at 05:32 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-14, 11:35 AM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

I like the list that @JAMOB have provided, and in the true spirit of an Orcs and Goblins player I would do something completely different

Total Roster Cost: 2497

Orc Warboss - 310 pts
Wyvern, Sword of Swift Slaying, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem

Orc Great Shaman - 300 pts
Level 4, Fencer's Blades, Talisman of Endurance, Crown of Command

Black Orc Big Boss - 165 pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Sword of Striking, Armour of Fortune

Save Orc Big Boss - 125 pts
War Boar, Great Weapon, Dragonhelm, Potion of Toughness

Night Goblin Shaman - 75 pts
Dispel Scroll

5 Goblin Wolf Riders - 55 pts
Shield

5 Goblin Wolf Riders - 55 pts
Shield

39 Night Goblins - 182 pts
Musician, Standard Bearer, Nets

35 Orc Big'Uns - 350 pts
Extra Hand Weapon, Musician, Standard Bearer, Standard of Discipline

6 Trolls - 210 pts

Squig Herd - 150 pts
15 Squigs, 10 Night Goblins

Goblin Spear Chukka - 35 pts

Goblin Spear Chukka - 35 pts

Arachnarok Spider - 290 pts

Goblin Doom Diver Catapult - 80 pts

Goblin Doom Diver Catapult - 80 pts

The only thing that I haven't managed to include is the Savage Orc Boar Boyz, in my opinion OnG "Heavy" Cavalry just doesn't cut it, instead I have included a Savage Orc Big Boss on Boar (mine is called Mikk da Mad) who is included only to hunt down the biggest nastiest fire breather he can and keep hitting in until its dead, he is also useful in hitting Elves with Flaming Banners until they're dead just be wary that clever players will bait him out due to frenzy but then he'll still probably be hitting stuff so not all that concerning really. I've added Trolls rather than river trolls because IMHO the additonal points aren't worth it, just use the River Troll Models (one of the best kits in my opinion)

As for the second army, I'd be tempted to play something more elite then Skaven especially if you're going Orcs and Goblins as both armies are more number heavy, i'd say something like Elves, Warriors of Chaos or even Ogres to show the difference between horde armies and elite armies (I use the word elite to represent fewer models) plus Ogres and Orcs and Goblins have a nice bit of history both being up for a scrap!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-14, 04:46 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratvan View Post
I like the list that @JAMOB have provided, and in the true spirit of an Orcs and Goblins player I would do something completely different
Love it mate

I think Ogres would be a cool second army, or a Knight list from a human force. If you do elves I think it should be dark elves, as High Elves are too good (generally) for Orcs and Goblins to have a good shot (especially with newbies playing), and Wood Elves have a playstyle not at all indicative of the rest of the game. Same with WoC - too strong for this matchup, unless you tailor O&G against them (though idk how that would work).

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode