first 2000 point orc and gobbo list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
z4ch001's Flag is: England

Default first 2000 point orc and gobbo list

ok then this is the first army 2000 point list ive done ever because at the local club its small and a lot of people want to play so no more than 1000 is generally allowed.i want the list to be hard hitting but even more so fun to play

black orc warboss-ulags akrit axe, bigheds ed kickin boots,enchanted sheild,heavy armour-234

black orc battle standard bearer-morks spirit totem, heavy armour-189

night gobbo bigboss-great cave squig, wallopas one hit wunda,light armour,sheild-99

night gobbo shaman-lvl 1, staff of sneaky stealin(dunno if i need it tho because the spirit totem gives me a few)-100

25 orc boyz-sheilds,full command-180

20 orcs boyz-2 choppas,full command-170

40 gobbos-shields,full command-180

20 night gobbos-2 fanatics-110

7 savage orc boar boyz-sheilds,spears, full command-198

19 black orcs- full command-284

7 hoppers-105

gobbo wolf chariot-extra crew-63

doom diver-85

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 11:02 AM

nice list but i think it needs some arrer boys and possibly some more magic characters
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

ok i would like to add now that when i showed a freind the list he said that some points costa where wrong so here is the revised list.

black orc warboss-ulags akrit axe, bigheds ed kickin boots,enchanted sheild,heavy armour-194

black orc battle standard bearer-morks spirit totem, heavy armour-189

night gobbo bigboss-great cave squig, wallopas one hit wunda,light armour,sheild-99

night gobbo shaman-lvl 1, staff of sneaky stealin(dunno if i need it tho because the spirit totem gives me a few)-100

25 orc boyz-sheilds,full command-180

20 orcs boyz-2 choppas,full command-170

40 gobbos-shields,full command-180

20 night gobbos-2 fanatics-110

7 savage orc boar boyz-sheilds,spears, full command-213

19 black orcs- full command-284

7 hoppers-105

doom diver-85

doom diver-85

now the reason i only have a level one is because i dont intend to sling magic because its such an all or nothing thing and id rather get into combat with the boss on a squig then take two level twos or worse.that said with the staff and morks spirit totem i have 7 dispel dice so not many armys are getting spells through.and also i dont like arrer boyz because they ca only shoot effectively for 4 turns out of 6(on average) and even then arent that great

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-08, 09:24 AM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks like a fairly solid list The only thing I would do is drop the gobbos for 2 more units of night gobbos with 2 fanatics

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-08, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

i dont paticularly like the night goblins as units of 20 are prone to panic and only ever get a 5+ save which isnt as good as the gobbos
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 09:53 AM

Flerden's Flag is: Finland

I think this looks like a good and funny list.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 03:04 PM

mechgumbi's Flag is: USA

If this is a fun list, then it looks good. If you were trying to play in a tourny against the expected Daemons and VC, which both would eat this list. Also any magic heavy list will have around 10+ Power dice and power stones and bound spells. This would be a fun list to play, but don't expect to bet the experience or power gamers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 09:05 PM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

Good points mechgumbi, but I think he is just starting up

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-08, 07:02 PM

Not a bad list - I agree would drop the regular goblins and add night goblins with fanatics. Get the night goblin units up fast so the fanatics can cause havoc in enemy lines. I'd drop the hoppers (too random for my tastes) and take a squig herd. Just make sure you don't have your squigs lose combat with a bunch of fanatics popped out - they'll wipe them out quite easily.
I'd keep the staff - your black orcs will be a favorite target of anyone with shooting or spells - your rank bonus won't hold up too long.
You could probably sling a spell or two with your night goblin shaman- he comes with a few magic mushrooms.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode