2,000 point orcs and goblins list advice - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Shadowz-Demon's Flag is: Scotland

Default 2,000 point orcs and goblins list advice

I have written up a 2K list for a upcoming tournament and was hoping for some advise on any changes needed or any advice on the positing of characters in units, I haven't tried out many games using the actual rulebook missions so I have no idea how the list my perform. Thanks in advance for any replies.
LORDS:
Orc warboss, armour of fortune, sword of strife, enchanted shield, 195 points.
Orc great shaman, level 4, scroll, crown of command, 260 points.
HEROES:
Black orc big boss, BSB, rampager's standard, shield, 172 points.
Goblin shaman, level 2. 85 points.
CORE:
39 orc boyz, big unz, full command, shields, 386 points. (warboss, great shaman and black orc big boss go here)
20 savage orc boyz, full command, 2 hand weapons, big stabaz, 235 points.
30 night goblins, short boyz, 2 fanatics, full command, 170 points. (night goblin shaman goes here)
SPECIAL:
3 trolls, 105 points.
20 black orcs, full command, shields, banner of swiftness, 310 points.
RARE:
Doom diver catapult, 80 points.
TOTAL=1,998 points

"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."
Grimgor Ironhide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 09:31 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Warboss- good build. I love the sword of strife but you can't have 2 magical armours on the same model. You get the armour or the shield but not both.

Great Shaman- nice

BO BSB- rampager's standard is good, but not worth the 55pts. I'd drop the magical banner and upgrade him with defensive items. I'd say take a great weapon but he already has one.

Goblin Shaman- make him a night goblin for the magic mushrooms. I use mine to easily cast a few easy spells to draw out dispel dice or try to steal them with sneaky stealin'.

Boys- don't take shields on big uns... I took an almost identical unit to a tourny a little while ago to try to prove shields are a decent build; it worked well enough but AHW would have been much better. Alternately don't make them big uns, take the shields and use them more as a tarpit. That would allow the savages to be big.

Savages- I would up them to 30 and drop the stabbas. They work best as big uns where you make the most of their extra attacks. They don't need a champ if you aren't intending to put characters with them.

Night Goblins- not a bad unit, but I'd either keep it cheap and not bother with the fanatics (people will act as thought they have them anyway so you'll often give you the same benefit without the cost) or give them a few more goblins and netters so they'll actually be ok in combat.

Trolls- not really strong enough to be mainline and being flankers would put them out of general/BSB range. Personally I would split them into 3 different units and run them as blockers: use them to block opponents into charges/overuns they don't wan't to make or to kill enemy units trying to do the same. I tend to take 2 for this role (Larry and Barry) and they are immense.

Black Orcs- again you don't need the champ if characters aren't going in here. I would probably up the unit size a little if possible.

Doom Diver- awesome. 1 diver is good, 2 is better.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Shadowz-Demon's Flag is: Scotland

I thought I read that the exception to the 2 of the same type of magic items was that you could take a shield and a piece of armour but not too much of a problem if I can't.
Yeah I see what you mean about the banner being a bit much, I might consider giving him the enchanted shield if the boss can't take it and maybe the sword of battle as well.
In terms of the big unz, I like taking the shields for increased survivability as I would only get the extra attacks from the front rank anyway but if you think 2 hand weapons are better I could try them out in a friendly game.
I had never thought of using trolls the block charges but that seems a very good role for them as keeping them close to general and BSB to pass stupidity can be annoying.
2 doom diver could be very good and maybe if I remove some units i could fir in a rock lobba as well. Thanks for the reply

"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."
Grimgor Ironhide

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-13, 10:17 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

There's a bit in the BRB about being able to take magical helms with mundane armour and shields, magical armour with mundane shields and magical shields with armour... its a bit confusing but basically just means you can combine all the armour you want but only get one piece of magical.

If you put a magical weapon on the BO I would use the sword of striking... but honestly just using great weapon for S6-7 is plenty.

The AHW on the big uns only gives a few extra attacks if everything goes well... but its for when things aren't going well that you need them. If you are flanked or charged in the rear the extra attacks means you are still pretty deadly. Additionally it almost doubles the attacks you put out if attacking or defending a building... vital for the watchtower missions (and god how I hate that mission). I find that at tournies you'll find most units are S4-5 so you'll often only be getting the parry save from your shield, which can help but by the time it starts to be a significant number of orcs the unit will be pretty dead anyway... having said that I still have my orcs with shields as I CBA to convert them and they do sterling work (just not normally as big uns anymore).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode