Please review my Orc and Goblin 2500 point list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Default Please review my Orc and Goblin 2500 point list

Total 2477.5 i can add a few more goblins or items but thats about it.

Grimgor Ironhide - 355 pts (With Black Orcs)

Orc great shaman - pts
Armour of Fortune - pts

Night Goblin Shaman Level 2 - (With Night Goblins)
Dispel Scroll -

Black Orc Big Boss - pts (With Orc Big Uns)
Battle Standard Bearer
Armour Destiny -

night goblin big boss - pts
light armour,great weapon

29 Black Orcs - 368 pts
Da Immortulz, Musician, Standard Bearer

34 Big Uns -316 pts
Extra Hand Weapon, Musician, Standard Bearer
Razor Standard -
ironcurse icon -

25 Goblins -87.5 pts
Short Bows
3 Nasty Skulkers -

5 Spider Riders - pts
bows -5pts

45 Night Goblins - 225 pts
Nets, Musician, Standard Bearer
fanatic

Giant - pts

Goblin Rock Lobber - pts
Orc Bully

5 goblin wolf riders
Musician spear shield -

5 goblin wolf riders
Musician spear shield -

Itemised points removed: its an illegal breach of copyright both for you and the forum so please don't include points breakdowns. Totals for units is fine, but not for individual upgrades/magic items.
T/S

Last edited by Tim/Steve; 04-24-13 at 09:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 09:51 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Grimgor- always an excellent choice

Orc Great Shaman- cannot have magic armour, other then that decent.

NG shaman- good option, I like having NG shamans in a list to deaw out dispel dice while overpowering spells with their mushrooms.

BO BSB- excellent option.

NG big boss- not bad, but it seems lacking not to give him a little magic gear, even if its something cheap and easy like enchanted shield, warrior bane and the devastating charge potion (always forget the name). Personally I would give him warrior bane, and the potion of strength so you can use his high initiative to smack a nasty enemy at S7 and mebbe knock them down a peg or two (and gives you more anti-etheral).

Da Immortalz- excellent unit, mebbe needs a few more orcs in case they get battered by artillery (nothing much will compete in combat).

Big Unz- don't think they can take magical items. I like the unit set up and numbers.

Goblins- like the unit, other people might not like it, but I think goblins and skulkers are funky. I would give them a musician for sure (for fast reform to shoot elusive enemies and to help rally) and possibly a standard if you play the book missions (for blood and glory).

Spiders- I don't think you need 3 fast cav units of 5 models...

Night Goblins- good unit. Depending on how you use them I might add an orc hero with GW to give some S7 attacks and so they can't panic from other goblins (chances are if they got beaten in combat the orc would die anyway so is less likely to cause orc unit panic checks).

Giant- bit rubbish, I just wouldn't bother taking a giant anymore. Either cut him completely for more infantry or try to find the points to upgrade him to an aracknarok: the extra wounds, toughness, armour and attacks make it a much better investment (plus its a pretty immense model and a nice centrepiece).

Rock Lobber- probably not as good as a doom diver, but depends on how much you rely on it. I've just bought one and hope to play test it a little.

Wolves- as I said I don't think you need 3 fast cav units, but they are fast, cheap and with S4 should do you quite well against weak flanking units.

I think you need a little more random in your list: not just to make the list better as such but just to make it feel a little more orcy
I suggest either some mangler squigs, pump wagons or mebbe just some more fanatics just to make your lists a little less predictable. Personally I'm a huge fan of pump wagons and doom divers, both are immense. I also like small savage orc units run as flankers: given AHW and run up a flank they'll massacre anything they meet and will cost <100pts, they would also help turn hard fights that your bigger infantry units might get locked into.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode