Pigs and Squigs 2k list. Need advice. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-28-13, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Default Pigs and Squigs 2k list. Need advice.

Hey everyone. Posted this list on another forum to no avail. Hopefully I can get some feedback here.
I'm a new fantasy player trying to build my first army. It started as a pure night goblin force, but I thoroughly dislike the 99% of the squig sculpts. In my search to find replacements I stumbled into what I think is a much better theme. If I'm not going to have Squigs, then the only logical replacement of course... squids and pigs. I'm using the Hordes Swamp Horror model for manglers and the Malifaux stuffed and regular piglets for herds. With the new swampy theme in mind I now can justify to myself (its just the way I work) to add some savage orcs in the army for some additional leadership, big waaagh magic and of course boar boyz(more pigs). Anyway, I'm looking to buy some new models but before I invest my hard earned money, I figured I'd toss a potential list up for scrutiny as I am a very new player and don't want to waste money if the list is garbage. That's being said (sorry for the long winded explanation). Here is the list:

Pigs and Squids, take 2: 2000 pt

Lords: (245 pts)

Savage Orc Warboss, (goes in ng horde)
-crown of command
-sword of striking
-talisman of preservation

Heroes: (331 pts)

Night Goblin Big Boss. (goes in other ng horde)
-BSB
-Great Weapon
-Light Armor
-Ironcurse Icon

Night Goblin Shaman, (goes in ng archers)
-Level 2
-Dispel Scroll

Savage Orc Shaman (goes in SO horde)
-Level 2
-Lucky Shrunken Skull

Core (829 pts)

Night Goblins x29
-full command
-Nets
- Fanatic x1

Night Goblins x 29
-full command
-nets
-Fanatic x3

Night Goblins x 20
-full command
-nets
-Shortbows
-Fanatic x1

Savage Orc Big 'Uns x 20
-Big stabbas
-Full command

Special: (365pts)

Night Goblin Squig Herd
-15 squigs
-10 Herders

Savage Orc Boar Boys x10
-full command

Rare (230 pts)

Doom diver x1

Rock Lobber x1

Mangler Squig x1

Total: 2000 on the nose.

Deployment wise Im thinking (from left to right) Squig herd, Boar Boys, Archers w/NG Shaman, NG with Warboss, NG with BSB, Savage orcs with Shaman, Mangler and backlined by lobba and diver.

Any advice? Let me know what you guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-13, 09:12 PM
Mr. Black Orc's Flag is: Sweden

I'm new here on this forum but I think my advice could be useful.

Your full force is built up so the fanatics and mangler squig will make you not able to charge most of the enemy on turn two (in case your not sending them STRAIGHT forward). Your artillery, however kind of makes up for that. You have in fact three tarpits (the SO is smashing good though). You should put your squig herd on one flank and the SO boar boyz on the other. In this way you can flank charge with them while the tarpits keeps the enemy at bay. Put your mangler squig away from the rest of the army and let it go on suicide mission right into the enemies ranks. Trust me, I've played many strategy games and the least you want is when the enemy just throws something like cavalry or suiciders that disrupt your army lane. Especially if playing order armies.
I would recommend taking away crown of command from your SO warboss. 'Cause with all those ranks in the NG horde your likely to outrank your enemy and get the steadfast special rule. Buy something killy instead!
Otherwise, I think your army is pretty solid. I'm not a fan of OnG artillery, but hey, your the general .

Good luck with that army of yours!

Sincerely Mr. Black Orc

Last edited by Mr. Black Orc; 02-10-13 at 09:48 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode