2500 Points O&G - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

Default 2500 Points O&G

So with a few key purchases I can throw together this list, what do you all think?

Da Scabby Eye Night Goblin and Gouged Tusk Orcs Tribes

Orc Warboss - 191 pts
Great Weapon, Armour of Fortune, Crown of Command

Orc Great Shaman - 200 pts
Level 4

Goblin Warboss - 126 pts
Light Armour, Giant Wolf, Sword of Anti Heroes, Enchanted Shield, Dragonbane Gem

Orc Big Boss - 134 pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Armour of Destiny

Night Goblin Shaman - 75 pts
Dispel Scroll

29 Orc Boyz - 223 pts
Shield, Mus, Std

22 Orc Big'Uns - 218 pts
Extra Hand Weapon, Mus, Std

49 Night Goblins - 212 pts
Spears, Shield, Nets, Mus, Std
3 Fanatics

5 Goblin Wolf Riders - 60 pts

5 Goblin Wolf Riders - 60 pts

Squig Herd - 150 pts
15 Squigs, 10 Night Goblins
6 Trolls - 210 pts

3 Goblin Wolf Chariot - 150 pts

Goblin Doom Diver Catapult - 80 pts

Goblin Rock Lobber - 85 pts

Mangler Squig - 65 pts

Mangler Squig - 65 pts

Pump Wagon - 60 pts
Spiky Roller

Pump Wagon - 60 pts
Spiky Roller

Total Point Cost 2499

The Shaman and BSB join the unit of Big Uns and stand in 'reserve' as a counter attack unit. While the General takes the unit of Boyz with Choppa's and Shields to give the anvil a bit of damage output with his Great Weapon.

The Gobbo Warboss is deployed in front of the Trolls (who are palced first so that I can identify which unit has the flaming banner) and charges headlong into them to mitigate the flaming attacks thanks to his ward, I'm thinking about giving him an alternate set up to make him more survivorable.

Goblin chariots I tend to deploy individually but write as a unit of 3 as I'm essentially a lazy bugger. I am happy with how the army looks on the shelf but am a little concerned, do I have enough combat blocks or have I gone overboard with the amount of chaff and suport units on the table.

Essentially do I have enough Boyz or have I gone overboard on toys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 04:47 PM
olderplayer's Flag is: USA

You should upgrade the big uns with extra hand weapons to a savage orc big uns. They are much better with the savage orc ward save and the extra attack as biguns. I would combine the orc units into one larger horde uniit with savage orc big unts and save soem points.

The lvl 4 is naked. He should either have the lucky shrunken head or the talisman of preservation. and dispel scroll and/or some other stuff.

One idea to save points is to run a very cheap night goblin BSB. If you hide him in a unit behind the orcs (where only the flanks and rear are exposed and the BSB can be hidden in the middle of the front rank), then the bad moon banner is a good choice to make that unit stubborn, count as dangerous terrain and in soft cover.

I'd even consider two night goblin shamans.

I prefer the doom diver to rock lobba. Two doom divers gives you a good chance against high AS and tougher units.

I like the 3 wolf chariots unit, 2 manglers, and 2 pump wagons. Be aware that a player with realy cheap chaff units with simply march into and blow up the manglers and an army with decent shooting will try to take out the pump wagons and wolf chariots.

Love the squig herds (under-rated) and trolls. I sometimes run trolls in much smaller units to flank protect but try to keep within range of BSB and general if they are run. Single trolls actually make good redirector/chaff units.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Mad as a sack of Squigs

I don't own any savage orcs unfortunately and don't plan on making that purchase any time soon. Also there will be new players (relatively new anyway especially to this points level, myself included) so am not expecting that many GT lists to be there (with the exception of a VC player but he's a dick anyway and I'll happily hand him the victory if it means that every move I make is not measured to the exact millimetre - no exaggeration)

I love my squig herds, if I had the money (or if the rumoured plastic squigs are true - guessing not) I'd run two hordes of them. I know what happens to manglers, they typically are targetted quickly which suits me as it leaves everything else rather exposed and the units that pop them are typically more expensive then the manglers themselves.

I prefer the Rock Lobba to Doom Divers myself, mainly because people don't tend to run the typical Doom Diver targets (Chaos Knights ect) the players here are kinda hung up on hordes to the point that my MSU Wood Elves run circles around them and have not lost a game for 10 or so.

The level 4 is slightly concerning, mainly due to miscasts I never really have an issue with hiding him behind something when combat is met. Ideally I would like to give him a 5+ or something probably in favour of 10 or so of the Ng's.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 07:57 PM
olderplayer's Flag is: USA

Read my note above about converting Orcs into savage Orcs. It is not a big deal. We play even at Indy GT's with converted AHW orcs and it is not a big deal. A little war paint and some creative painting of the chest area and back and regular AHW orcs are easily seen as savage Orcs.

If your are worried about miscasts, earthing rod and talisman of preservation would be optimal. If you run savage orcs, then lucky shrunken head is good instead of the talisman.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-12, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Mad as a sack of Squigs

I may consider that, however not for a while as I have just finished painting them to look like normal orcs. It'll also change my game style a little too much for my liking due to frenzy. Also that amount of savage orcs seems like overkill to me. I'd consider running them at 6x6 maximum including characters.

I could drop a fanatic for the earthing rod thinking about it, most of the time when they're released wrongly to me I tend to throw them into terrain to get it over and done with.

I'm also toying with the idea of making that NG shaman a level 3/4 for a larger range in spells as I do prefer the little waaagh spells at the moment, plsu will make the Magic Phase more of an issue for my opponent

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Orcs and Goblins Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode